Crystal Serenity July 2-July 9 Vancouver

360Guy

We're on the BTB July9-July 16, and July 16 to July 23. This is our first time on Crystal so am really enjoying your posts and previews of the menus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilovebreakfast said:

We’re on the 7/16-7/23 sailing and it’s great to be able to get a preview. Thanks for posting.

Is it possible to see the speakers, entertainers and golf pro in advance of our sailing? 
In the past we were able to see that information online. 

Yes I believe if you go to the Crystal cruises web page and then to the ship, and then to the entertainment section.  It will list a number of entertainers and speakers. If you select one it shows you which cruises they are sailing.  The actual topic(s) are in the daily Crystal Reflections.

We are first time Crystal cruisers so I am sharing how we were able to get to this information.  

Clive Clark is the golf pro…I brought my golf glove (!) but it’s been rather chilly and I’ve missed the lessons offered so far! 

Hope this helps!

Bob

My wonderful daughter and her boyfriend are on this cruise.  They are in their 30's.  I told them they would be young for the ship.  They heard her Dad and I rave about our crystal cruises and had to give it a try.  We talked to them on the 4th and I think they are enjoying.  She is a beautiful blonde and he is tall and thin with a beard.  If you run into them, tell them her parents said HI!  She will probably wonder how you knew who they were!  

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already seen that information, but I don’t believe the featured people are on my sailing. 
Bob, if you do end up seeing the golf pro, please find out if Clive is going to be on the 7/16–7/23 sailing. Thanks. 

‘’Larry 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ilovebreakfast said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already seen that information, but I don’t believe the featured people are on my sailing. 
Bob, if you do end up seeing the golf pro, please find out if Clive is going to be on the 7/16–7/23 sailing. Thanks. 

‘’Larry 

Hi Larry,

I spoke with the Concierge who advised Clive is leaving at the end of this cruise on July 9 and that Greg Milligan is joining Serenity and will be on your cruise. 
Bob

14 hours ago, Ilovebreakfast said:

We’re on the 7/16-7/23 sailing and it’s great to be able to get a preview. Thanks for posting.

Is it possible to see the speakers, entertainers and golf pro in advance of our sailing? 
In the past we were able to see that information online. 

In addition to the link that I provided you which will show some of the entertainers and speakers if you want to get more detail I would write to on board guest services at:

obgs@crystalcruises.com

Keith

• Like 1

We are at sea today having cruised into Tracy Arm and viewed Dawes Glacier.  Truly awesome!

Today’s Reflections enclosed.  The menu for lunch and dinner in Waterside have not been updated to the app.

Crystal Reflections July 6.pdf
Last night we dined in Osteria.  Really delicious with only one item a miss from our perspective.  Fantastic waiter who was very informative and entertaining.  We had a lot of laughs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, 360Guy said:

We are at sea today having cruised into Tracy Arm and viewed Dawes Glacier.  Truly awesome!

Today’s Reflections enclosed.  The menu for lunch and dinner in Waterside have not been updated to the app.

Crystal Reflections July 6.pdf
Last night we dined in Osteria.  Really delicious with only one item a miss from our perspective.  Fantastic waiter who was very informative and entertaining.  We had a lot of laughs!

The Crystal Society party is listed as "Captain's Reception AND CS party."  Does that mean everyone on board is invited?  Not just previous Crystal cruisers?  If so, how crowded was it since you are sailing at near full capacity?  Or does the availability of free drinks all the time limit the scrum the captain's receptions are on ships not offering included drinks?

44 minutes ago, loriva said:

The Crystal Society party is listed as "Captain's Reception AND CS party."  Does that mean everyone on board is invited?  Not just previous Crystal cruisers?  If so, how crowded was it since you are sailing at near full capacity?  Or does the availability of free drinks all the time limit the scrum the captain's receptions are on ships not offering included drinks?

Your last sentence is the operative one! All will be welcome and it will not be crowded. Enjoy!!

Patty

• Like 5

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Hi Loriva,

We stopped in briefly at 5:45 pm for a few minutes.  It was very nicely attended but we wanted to be at another place at 6:00 so just heard the band play for a couple of numbers.

We didn’t see anyone asking for CS status.  Hope this helps…perhaps other seasoned cruisers can advise. 

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning,

We are almost to Ketchikan, our last port of the cruise.  Don’t want to think this is our last couple of days!

Yesterday was just amazing…the beauty of Tracy Arm and Dawes Glacier was spectacular.

Dinner in Waterside with our favorite waiter Enver. Busy dining room for sure but the dinner did not disappoint in any way.  

Today’s Reflections and Waterside dinner menu attached.Crystal Reflections July 7.pdfCrystal Waterside Dinner July 7.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, loriva said:

Just go and enjoy, nobody is going to check your status.

I want to add that since Crystal went inclusive less people go.

Back before inclusive there would be two parties and some would go to both. And some would leave with one or two glasses in hand to take to a dining venue.

It's always lovely to attend and we do our best to attend them.

Keith 

• Like 3

I’ve noticed a significant parade of crew joining the ship this morning in Ketchikan, being greeted by officers and other crew at the gangway with big hugs and paperwork.  It always speaks volumes to see the camaraderie between the crew, and also with their management, especially when they’ve been apart for a while.  It speaks volumes to Crystal’s culture.

Vince 

• Like 12

Sailing down the fjord to the glacier

July 6 2024

We continue to enjoy this beautiful ship and amazing crew. 

IMG_6119.jpeg.f24dfc0b6d0f4161c246393577680c15.jpeg

🩵🩵🩵

IMG_6135.jpeg.4e57d84a2cd7e8525c7ed6c8d70adee9.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

No off boat excursions (none listed)?  That was the highlight of our last cruise there.

Hi PaulMCO,

I posted today’s Reflections earlier. Page 2 has the excursion offerings.  Most are off the ship on excursions or independent tours, into town, etc.

Absolutely amazing weather today low 70s and sunny!  Warmest day of the year so far according to a local resident.

Bob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Txcotn said:

Off topic - just want to wish Patty safety when Beryl hits Texas!

Thank you!! Actually I’m coming to you from the United Club at terminal E, IAH. I was supposed to be on the flight tomorrow morning to Vancouver to meet Serenity at Vancouver. Early this morning I decided that was not a good idea and that flight (with everything else) has been canceled. I’m on the evening flight that is now an hour late, but as long as it takes off, I’m happy. The airport is a zoo with everyone trying to get out of Dodge. Serenity, here I come!!

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

Thank you!! Actually I’m coming to you from the United Club at terminal E, IAH. I was supposed to be on the flight tomorrow morning to Vancouver to meet Serenity at Vancouver. Early this morning I decided that was not a good idea and that flight (with everything else) has been canceled. I’m on the evening flight that is now an hour late, but as long as it takes off, I’m happy. The airport is a zoo with everyone trying to get out of Dodge. Serenity, here I come!!

Well thank goodness you'll be out of the line of fire! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Have a great cruise…glad you left earlier.  You’re lucky to be out of houston…I’m hoping for the best..who knows…I sure we’ll lose power again

Nancy

• Like 1

I continue to enjoy this thread and appreciate those of you who are on board posting.

When people ask what the weather will be like this time of year in Alaska my answer is always the same.  It depends.  I am glad you are having very good weather as I can see in photos here and other places. Next year this time it could be raining all day.  Keep enjoying every minute.

Keith

• Like 3

Good Morning!

We are sailing back to Vancouver and it is another beautiful day.  Very grateful for the weather we have enjoyed this past week!

Enclosing Reflections and the Waterside Lunch July 8.pdfWaterside Dinner July 8.pdfReflections July 8.pdflunch and dinner menus for today. 

It was a leisurely day in Ketchikan.  We were docked about 10-15 minutes by the shuttles Crystal provided into town…where we encountered 5 very large cruise ships.  We walked along the creek to the totem heritage center and  then back to the ship for some lunch and a hike nearby.  We did see a bald eagle overhead and that was a nice gift.

We enjoyed Umi Uma so much the first night that we decided we would try last night.  The restaurant is very popular and with a full ship all the reservations were taken, so we were prepared to wait to enjoy the sushi bar.  We first went at 6 pm but all the seats outside the restaurant were taken.  So we thought we will come back around 7:30 to see if seats would open.  We were #3 & #4 and had a lovely conversation with the others before and after us.  After 35 minutes we were seated and had a lovely dinner and front row witnesses to the great sushi masters at work.  

I plan to post later today some overall thoughts about the cruise.  Fortunately tomorrow we do not have an early flight home and can savor the remaining time for breakfast. 

I do want to say how very grateful we are for the opportunity to meet so many of you in person on this first cruise, especially the kindness and deep sense of welcome we have felt!  Our experience was greatly enhanced with your suggestions and knowledge.  We thank you very much and know that it would be wonderful to find ourselves cruising with you again!

Bob and Ray

• Like 7