Bringing drinks with you - no issues?

amurray88

In comparison to the cabin a couple of doors down two weeks ago, standing on their balcony bemoaning they had had a bottle of wine and what perhaps was being described as some sort of juice being confiscated.

Luck of the draw probably, not the norm.

Enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Popped 4 cans of beer in checked luggage, wasn't fussed if they took it off me but no hassle at all! Can't grumble - saved me £40 on Heineken 👌

IMG_20240706_162538.jpg

So you are admitting on this public forum that you; 1.) violated MSC's Terms and Conditions, 2.) deprived MSC of revenue to which they are entitled, 3.) deprived the crew of gratuities to which they are entitled, and 4.) created extra work for the crew resulting from the empty beer cans, dirty glassware and other detritus, and you're proud of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, chrisgp999 said:

So you are admitting on this public forum that you; 1.) violated MSC's Terms and Conditions, 2.) deprived MSC of revenue to which they are entitled, 3.) deprived the crew of gratuities to which they are entitled, and 4.) created extra work for the crew resulting from the empty beer cans, dirty glassware and other detritus, and you're proud of this.

lol

• Like 5

We cruised out of Port Canaveral in February and after my carryon went through security I was pulled to the side.  “Ma’am…do you have alcohol in your bag?”  “Me?  Nooo.”     Him:  “Do you have Hot Sauce???”   Me:  “Uhh.Yeah?!?”   My little bottle of Texas Pete (maybe 1 oz) threw a security check.  Just saying!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

They had Tabasco on Divina so I was okay. 

Lol.  I might be a hot sauce snob.  That, and I don’t like searching for the station which has it.  

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Lol.  I might be a hot sauce snob.  That, and I don’t like searching for the station which has it.  

I just asked the waiter for it when I ordered my eggs.  

15 hours ago, chrisgp999 said:

Believe it or not, I then found out I must have put 2 cans in my carry on that I only found today... Not a word said at security about that either.

The reason I "admitted on this public forum" is because alot of people are interested. They want to know what real life is like. IF they had taken the beer off me I would have been quite happy - no complaints.

I am sure every one of the 5000 people on board has broken at least one T&C...this includes you when you cruise too!

Finally, to personally respond to points 1-3, although I have said it saved me buying Heineken, I wouldn't have bought Heineken so I've not done anyone out of money. In fact, you could say the opposite as I would have had a cup of coffee instead so therefore I'm saving them 6 cups of coffee and SAVING the money! They should be thanking me!

16 hours ago, chrisgp999 said:

I sure do hope this is a joke 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Believe it or not, I then found out I must have put 2 cans in my carry on that I only found today... Not a word said at security about that either.

The reason I "admitted on this public forum" is because alot of people are interested. They want to know what real life is like. IF they had taken the beer off me I would have been quite happy - no complaints.

I am sure every one of the 5000 people on board has broken at least one T&C...this includes you when you cruise too!

Finally, to personally respond to points 1-3, although I have said it saved me buying Heineken, I wouldn't have bought Heineken so I've not done anyone out of money. In fact, you could say the opposite as I would have had a cup of coffee instead so therefore I'm saving them 6 cups of coffee and SAVING the money! They should be thanking me!

“A person who is knowingly bent on bad behavior, gets upset when better
behavior is expected of them.”

― Jane Austen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2024 at 10:04 PM, laudergayle said:

I've never heard someone call themselves a "hot sauce snob," especially when talking about Texas Pete 🤣 I enjoyed that comment tremendously 😀

Personally, my hot sauce "snobbery" has been focused on Aldi's brand hot sauce lately. It's so cheap, but honestly, I find it to be delicious!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chrisgp999 said:

“A person who is knowingly bent on bad behavior, gets upset when better
behavior is expected of them.”

― Jane Austen

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" - Jesus.

MSC clearly state flip flops should be worn around the pool...I hope you've never went for a walk in the evening in a pair of shoes!

Screenshot_2024-07-08-08-17-55-641_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

My take is go for it but know that you risk it being confiscated and don’t complain if it happens since you violated the rules.

100% the security guard could have opened the cans and drank them in front of me and I'd have said fair enough 

I took this photo on Carnival years ago (I try not to sail CCL anymore.)

I had tried to sneak on some alcohol using Rum Runners, which I figured wouldn't show up on the x-ray machine.

Wrong.

I got a letter to go to security and he poured all of my booze into a bucket.  The crew probably had a nice party that night (I have no idea if that happens or not.)

23517514_10212401802374031_8026117380754540123_n-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I had tried to sneak on some alcohol using Rum Runners, which I figured wouldn't show up on the x-ray machine.

Wrong.

I got a letter to go to security and he poured all of my booze into a bucket.  The crew probably had a nice party that night (I have no idea if that happens or not.)

More than likely, there were some happy fish that night! 🤣

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Wrong.

LOL.  did you at least get your rum runners back??? I would have told them to keep it and give it back to me on the last night

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

LOL.  did you at least get your rum runners back??? I would have told them to keep it and give it back to me on the last night

They let me keep the empty Rum Runners.  I probably should have asked them to save the alcohol until the last night, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Edited by Stockjock

15 hours ago, amurray88 said:

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" - Jesus.

~

I read about that in his blog!

'70% of ll quotes on the internet are made up - Abraham Lincoln'