Hooked lunch menu question

15 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I know Hooked offers a surf and turf option for dinner?  Do they offer any non-seafood options for lunch?

I just downloaded the lunch menu yesterday. I see lobster sandwiches but no surf n turf.

20240705_093938252.jpeg

• Like 1

The online lunch menu for Hooked on Symphony includes a Crispy Chicken Sandwich and a  Cheeseburger.  It is different from the menu posted above.   Never what info is accurate. 

M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never been to Hooked, what are the "better" things to order? Can you order two entrees, such as a lobster roll sandwich and fish n Chips?

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The online lunch menu for Hooked on Symphony includes a Crispy Chicken Sandwich and a  Cheeseburger.  It is different from the menu posted above.   Never what info is accurate. 

M

Yes specifically I downloaded the menu for wonder lunch. Didnt know if they were different. There arent a lot of ships with hooked.

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

They also had a surf and turf option on our May sailing, filet mignon and lobster tail. It was great 

Maybe you can get your table mate to order the same and you can swap with each other?

50 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Oh nice!! I thought that option had disappeared from the lunch menu. Was this on the Symphony?

Yes. And the cherry tart was just as good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mandersen12345 said:

Anyone have photos of the crab cake sandwich?

Have had the crab cake in Chops on other ships and was, frankly, not impressed.

I’ve been to Hooked a few times for both lunch and dinner - I haven’t seen a crab cake sandwich in the menu.  They have a messy fish sandwich and a chicken sandwich.  I actually think crab cakes are only available at dinner (not lunch) now.  They serve their crab cake with more of a tartar sauce rather than a spicy aioli like Chops.  The texture has larger pieces/chunks of fish compared to the one in Chops.  

Why would Wonder and Symphony have different menus?  Can anyone confirm that Wonder still has the shortened menu?  We are booked on Wonder and would go to Hooked for lunch if there were more options.   

13 minutes ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

I am also curious about the lunch menu on Wonder.  I think I am going to book it for day 6.  That way I can cancel and get a refund; if I change my mind.

I booked it for day 6, not that many choices. I'm ok with lobster roll so I'm going no matter what. Day 2 or 3 is cheers with a officer. I'm D+ not pinnacle and we got moved to the other day when too many pinnacles onboard so that's why I picked day 6. Its only offered those 3 days. For about $20 of obc, it's still worth it to me on free money.  I got a little from my TA, and a teensy bit more from next cruise and another $100 for stock and solo so I get to spend it all. I got it a week ago 15% off so about $20 with tips. Doesn't seem that bad to me. I like fried fish or lobster however they cook it. And the appetizers. I've read a few who were disappointed but dont know why. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked it for day 6, not that many choices. I'm ok with lobster roll so I'm going no matter what. Day 2 or 3 is cheers with a officer. I'm D+ not pinnacle and we got moved to the other day when too many pinnacles onboard so that's why I picked day 6. Its only offered those 3 days. For about $20 of obc, it's still worth it to me on free money.  I got a little from my TA, and a teensy bit more from next cruise and another $100 for stock and solo so I get to spend it all. I got it a week ago 15% off so about $20 with tips. Doesn't seem that bad to me. I like fried fish or lobster however they cook it. And the appetizers. I've read a few who were disappointed but dont know why. 

We did eat there on Navigator and thought it was good.  I also have onboard credit that will cover it.  I was just trying to find out what will be on the menu. It was offered the same days for us.

40 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

@ILOVEHI50
To those interested, here is the lunch menu for Hooked on Wonder of the Seas in January 2024. 

IMG_4362.thumb.jpeg.665205060ebf3123343de6cc74e1b04f.jpeg

Thank you so much.  Hopefully it will be the same in November.  I have booked it twice now.

Just a little tip in case you like oysters - I had a reservation at Hooked on day 7 on Wonder recently.  Once I sat down, the waiter let me know that I couldn’t order oysters because it was the last day of the cruise and the oysters were too old to be served since they only get them brought on once a week (in Port Canaveral).  So, while I’m glad that they didn’t want to serve me bad oysters, I wish that I had known that ahead of time - I would’ve gone on day 2. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NYCrews said:

Just a little tip in case you like oysters - I had a reservation at Hooked on day 7 on Wonder recently.  Once I sat down, the waiter let me know that I couldn’t order oysters because it was the last day of the cruise and the oysters were too old to be served since they only get them brought on once a week (in Port Canaveral).  So, while I’m glad that they didn’t want to serve me bad oysters, I wish that I had known that ahead of time - I would’ve gone on day 2. 

Good to know a reason. Someone else posted they told him on lunch day 6 they ran out. 

I guess no fresh oysters for me.