Move boarding pass to Google Wallet?

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

At worst just print it from the website.

For Vision cruises from Baltimore, you can't.  They only use the app and have for months.  Even when we went out of Norfolk.  When you go on the website, there is no option to check in or see the boarding pass.  They're doing app only for check in.  

13 hours ago, BND said:

For Vision cruises from Baltimore, you can't.  They only use the app and have for months.  Even when we went out of Norfolk.  When you go on the website, there is no option to check in or see the boarding pass.  They're doing app only for check in.  

They don't send that huge file of cruise docs??  That's odd.  

I can always find luggage tags and set sail on that....around page 17 I think?  I am actually surprised Vision is still with us.  I miss the cute little Vision class ships that have departed us, and looking forward to EN again in a few months.  🙂 

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can always find luggage tags and set sail on that....around page 17 I think?

Yes (not sent but available) and yes. The availability of eDocs is independent of check in.

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can always find luggage tags and set sail on that....around page 17 I think?  I am actually surprised Vision is still with us.  I miss the cute little Vision class ships that have departed us, and looking forward to EN again in a few months.  🙂 

I didn't say that.  You have to check in and get your boarding pass via the app.  I never mentioned luggage tags.  Those and the cruise docs are still available on the webssite.

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes (not sent but available) and yes. The availability of eDocs is independent of check in.

And thus can print luggage tags and set sail pass from there.  I don't sail out of that city, so was not sure it that part was different.  Thanks.  🙂 

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

And thus can print luggage tags and set sail pass from there.  I don't sail out of that city, so was not sure it that part was different.  Thanks.  🙂 

No, the set sail pass is not available on the website for Baltimore.  Luggage tags appear as a separate link and there is no set sail pass link.  I just checked in for our Aug Vision cruise and our b2b in April was the same way.

54 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Set sail pass still on the website.

Not for Vision.  For other ships, it definitely is, but not Vision.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Wonder why.

No idea, but our "upcoming cruises" it even has a statement about using the app.

This is what it says:  

CHECK IN NOW!

We’ve gone mobile! Check in on the app

Scan your passport, view your boarding pass, and save time on your sail day.

Then it has a link to check in without using the app but all it basically says is to check in at the counter.

In April, they asked if each person had a pass on their app/phone.  They then directed us (since we did) to a different line than those that didn't.   

Edited by BND

The EASIEST and quickest way (besides just printing it-but lets save some paper and toner if we can!)   is to just Screen shot it on your phone. No transferring, no emailing, no downloading needed... you screen shot each one directly from the app, they save right into your photo gallery. You get to the port, open your photos and open the first one, scroll through all of them to get them scanned and you are on your way. No network issues to worry about, no lagging while you wait for your wallet to open... a picture that you saved on your phone a few days earlier does the job.  

• Like 1

I actually put this on the mobile app survey a few months ago advising them they should allow the setsail pass to be downloadable to google wallet on Android as they do on iOS to Apple Pay.

I haven't printed a set sail pass / flight boarding pass for years now but would definitely feel better if it was downloaded to Google Wallet.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

The EASIEST and quickest way (besides just printing it-but lets save some paper and toner if we can!)   is to just Screen shot it on your phone. No transferring, no emailing, no downloading needed... you screen shot each one directly from the app, they save right into your photo gallery. You get to the port, open your photos and open the first one, scroll through all of them to get them scanned and you are on your way. No network issues to worry about, no lagging while you wait for your wallet to open... a picture that you saved on your phone a few days earlier does the job.  

See post #2 or #3 or #7 or ...  😄

Edited by Another_Critic