Adventure of the seas question

Hello. Does anyone have any experience with the rooms on deck 12 at the front of the bow?  Out of Caribbean is there a lot of movement being so far forward and high up?  TIA

I had a OV Panoramic Suite right at the bow of the ship on Navigator (sister ship) and absolutely loved. It was on deck 12.  I didn't notice any significant movement but we had really pretty calm seas if I remember correctly.

I had the front center stateroom on deck 12 (Explorer) on a transatlantic...great room, until you hit fog at night and the ship's horn is blowing, directly over the room, every 2 minutes - all night long, in heavy fog. 

1 minute ago, theOSU1 said:

I had the front center stateroom on deck 12 (Explorer) on a transatlantic...great room, until you hit fog at night and the ship's horn is blowing, directly over the room, every 2 minutes - all night long, in heavy fog. 

I think I was in heavy fog out of Galveston and in a central park balcony. I think if that fog horn is blowing you hear it, doesn't matter where your cabin is. 

If the seas are relatively calm you will love it as we did.  However on our next cruise we had the same location and rough seas and it was not so pleasant…..😳😳

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

If seas are rough, toward the bow of the ship is where you will feel it the most.    

...and to add it is the up and down motion as the ship is moving forward that is felt the most the further forward and higher your stateroom deck is. (The side to side rolling motion would be felt the same anywhere on the ship, but that is the motion that is mitigated by the ship's stabilizers).

But there is no predicting sea conditions as they can and do change frequently and with short timing based on weather and other sea conditions. If one is prone to motion sickness the forward and higher deck locations would not be the best choice as mentioned.

However, that being said, IMO on Adventure the deck 12 forward staterooms are some of the nicer locations with their view.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

....it's actually pretty unlikely that your cruise will hit any rough seas on a Caribbean cruise.

....until you do!  Our roughest seas ever was en route from the Panama Canal to Jamaica on Christmas night in 2008 on Jewel of the Seas. 25 ft. seas and we were in a front facing deck 8 family stateroom no less.  What was most unusual is that it was not the result of a storm - just bad sea conditions.  Smoothest seas were on a cruise from Cape Liberty to Bermuda on the second day en route and the seas were flat as glass.  Go figure.

Not trying to add any concern for the OP - its just that sea conditions are not very predictable.

Edited by leaveitallbehind