Suite Lounge?

Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked recently.  I completed a search, and the information was from 2022 – 2023.  Cruising on the Symphony of the seas and contemplating a suite with Sky Class amenities.  I saw on a few blogs that from 11 A to 11 P in the Suite Lounge they provide free beer, wine, and soda, does this still hold true?

Thank you and apologize if this topic and been beaten to death.

Chris

This is true, a great perk for sure!

I believe during the day (like 11-5) they have limited menu of beer and wine, so not all their items are available (but they DID have coors lite! 🙂 )

Then, happy hour (5-? maybe 7 or 9?) they have full open bar with cocktails, beer and wine. And I guess late night they'll still offer limited menu until 11.

4 minutes ago, ajtaylor29 said:

Then, happy hour (5-? maybe 7 or 9?) they have full open bar with cocktails, beer and wine.

Usually something like 5-8pm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Batch5 said:

Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked recently.  I completed a search, and the information was from 2022 – 2023.  Cruising on the Symphony of the seas and contemplating a suite with Sky Class amenities.  I saw on a few blogs that from 11 A to 11 P in the Suite Lounge they provide free beer, wine, and soda, does this still hold true?

Thank you and apologize if this topic and been beaten to death.

Chris

Chris,

Yes, it was 11a to 11p for us recently. Beer, wine and soda like you mentioned, and also included champagne and hard seltzers (usually Truly) as well.

41 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Usually something like 5-8pm.

Agree my last cruise was 4:30 to 7:30 but it’s normally 5 to 8 for hard liquor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheInnocentAge said:

Chris,

Yes, it was 11a to 11p for us recently. Beer, wine and soda like you mentioned, and also included champagne and hard seltzers (usually Truly) as well.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

This is true, a great perk for sure!

I believe during the day (like 11-5) they have limited menu of beer and wine, so not all their items are available (but they DID have coors lite! 🙂 )

Then, happy hour (5-? maybe 7 or 9?) they have full open bar with cocktails, beer and wine. And I guess late night they'll still offer limited menu until 11.

Thank you!

Chris 

We are sailing in CLS on Symphony next April and have been going back and forth on if we should bother with a drink package or not. I will be diamond on that sailing so 4 drinks per day free already and we will have a considerable amount of onboard credit to spend. We will keep an eye on the drink package pricing as we get closer but this is very good information to know. 

1 hour ago, mandyleighflies said:

We are sailing in CLS on Symphony next April and have been going back and forth on if we should bother with a drink package or not. I will be diamond on that sailing so 4 drinks per day free already and we will have a considerable amount of onboard credit to spend. We will keep an eye on the drink package pricing as we get closer but this is very good information to know. 

4 drinks + 11/11 Wine/Beer/Soda/Water + free Happy Hour.

• Like 3

Unless you like the convenience of not having to go up to the lounge for drinks or you aren't a beer/wine person, being Diamond in a CLS really makes a drink package unnecessary.

• Like 2

It would take a tremendous amount of booze to make the DBP work when you have access to the suite lounge and 4 diamond drinks. I'd just pay as you go at that point.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

4 drinks + 11/11 Wine/Beer/Soda/Water + free Happy Hour.

We get 5 drinks , wine/beer/water and happy hour , plus we bring on two book wine , have not been charged corkage in about a decade and if we want additional wine under a hundred we get 40 percent off 😁😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, George C said:

We get 5 drinks , wine/beer/water and happy hour , plus we bring on two book wine , have not been charged corkage in about a decade and if we want additional wine under a hundred we get 40 percent off 😁😁

Plus an option for 1 (175+ points), 2 (340+ points), or 3 (525+ points) bottles of wine for D+ amenity. 

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

Hey guys thanks for the input.   We currently have the drink package got it for 40% off from a Diamond member discount.  So basically, that what I was asking if we do the upgrade to the suite with sky amenities should we drop the drink package?  Since we are Dimond we get the +4 drinks and the Oasis class with the suite lounge 11A – 11P I think it would be overkill.   I am surprised that more people do not discuss this perk.  I was not even sure it was true or myth since there is not much information on this Suite perk on Oasis class. 

Thanks 

Chris

38 minutes ago, Batch5 said:

We currently have the drink package got it for 40% off from a Diamond member discount.  So basically, that what I was asking if we do the upgrade to the suite with sky amenities should we drop the drink package? 

Other than some very limited offers in the planner, there’s no discount for D. You would have to do the math it terms of number of drinks you plan to have to see if a drink package makes sense. Unlikely that it does. 

28 minutes ago, Batch5 said:

Hey guys thanks for the input.   We currently have the drink package got it for 40% off from a Diamond member discount.  So basically, that what I was asking if we do the upgrade to the suite with sky amenities should we drop the drink package?  Since we are Dimond we get the +4 drinks and the Oasis class with the suite lounge 11A – 11P I think it would be overkill.   I am surprised that more people do not discuss this perk.  I was not even sure it was true or myth since there is not much information on this Suite perk on Oasis class. 

Thanks 

Chris

Remember -

To enjoy these 11am-11pm  suite lounge drinks, you must leave the pool area (or wherever you are) and go inside to the suite lounge. Of, course, that means no complimentary drink prior to 11am or late at night. 

And, it depends on what you like to drink.   Complimentary daytime drinks do  not include any cocktails/frozen drinks, just beer, wine/sparkling.   This doesn't work for everyone.  Keep in mind that not every class of ship has the 11-11 suite drink  amenity.  

If you like what is offered and don't mind getting up from where you are to go to the lounge to get a drink, will drink after 11am , or before 11 pm,  then it seems that cancelling the package will work.   Should you want an occasional drink elsewhere, you can simply pay as you go.  Remember, the benefit will not help you  if you wanted a drink by the pool, at a show, in every other venue, Coco Cay etc , 

Only you can decide your convenience level and how much you want to drink other options.

Cheers!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Remember -

To enjoy these 11am-11pm  suite lounge drinks, you must leave the pool area (or wherever you are) and go inside to the suite lounge. Of, course, that means no complimentary drink prior to 11am or late at night. 

And, it depends on what you like to drink.   Complimentary daytime drinks do  not include any cocktails/frozen drinks, just beer, wine/sparkling.   This doesn't work for everyone.  Keep in mind that not every class of ship has the 11-11 suite drink  amenity.  

If you like what is offered and don't mind getting up from where you are to go to the lounge to get a drink, will drink after 11am , or before 11 pm,  then it seems that cancelling the package will work.   Should you want an occasional drink elsewhere, you can simply pay as you go.  Remember, the benefit will not help you  if you wanted a drink by the pool, at a show, in every other venue, Coco Cay etc , 

Only you can decide your convenience level and how much you want to drink other options.

Cheers!

Remember -

OP said:  "Since we are Dimond we get the +4 drinks"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Other than some very limited offers in the planner, there’s no discount for D. You would have to do the math it terms of number of drinks you plan to have to see if a drink package makes sense. Unlikely that it does. 

40% Diamond and Above.  It was a one-day sale received the email from Crown and anchor

image.thumb.png.8f06aaba75444f5740682be35725a722.png

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Batch5 said:

40% Diamond and Above.  It was a one-day sale received the email from Crown and anchor

Yes, those are limited offers but in reality anyone could probably get close to that price if they catch a good enough discount. Never underestimate the marketing pull of RCI. 

• Like 1

I am shocked this is not discussed more frequently on this class of ship! On our symphony sailing we are in a CLS and my parents are in a GS (both Sky suites) and will be utilizing the lounge for beverages. When we are by the pool we will just order a bucket of beers/truly/white claws to spilt amongst our group to avoid the getting up to the lounge. On cococay we will just pay by the drink as we have OBC that we will do well to even make it through entirely. This has been a VERY useful and money saving thread 😂