The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 14th, 2024

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, Dixie and Graham/Father David for the FR&D.  I hope I have no interaction with Nude Day but will celebrate the other two    Special prayers for Jacaui, Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.  Welcome home luvteaching.  May Ren’s healing be quick and complete.  Happy birthday to Allen and to my nephew Keith.

Fear protects life as long as it does not lead to paralysis.

Like Sandi, I am sure I have been to Cockburn Channel but could not identify it..

Three great days in history.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chicken with wild mushrooms and black raspberry ice cream as served  on VIA’s Canadian on the way to my 2018 Sea-Land-Sea Grand Alaska trip,

dishes14.jpg.

What a shocking end to the day yesterday.  I will say though that it was great hearing from politicians of all stripes speaking with one voice for a change.

Roy

Happy birthday to your nephew Keith.

Screenshot_20240714_201050.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27 What programme are you referring to?  We watched an entertaining series with Susan Calman driving around Scotland, it would be interesting to see her on the Eurodam.  She's a funny lady, we've seen her a few times on QI.  I know she doesn't fly, I wonder which ship she sailed to get to the Caribbean and how she'll get home.  

Channel 5 Cruising with Susan Calman.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, 

Thanks for all the "welcome back" messages. I'm home - got here right at 11:00 AM. I got off the Westerdam at 8:45 and the drive home was seamless. I have converted my friend to being a cruiser and she had a great time as did I! The weather was very good. Juneau was cloudy but fairly mild, we got closer to Dawes Glacier than we did last month, Sitka was blue skies and so mild, and Ketchikan was mild with sunshine. The ship was in good shape, the food was delightful, the other couple we dined with were a delight, and we had a very fun comedian who is from Victoria, BC of all places. I'll dig his name out later. 

DM is sounding better every day. She's been home since Wednesday and I talked to her twice on Thursday and Friday and once in Victoria last night. Her voice is sounding stronger but she says she's tired. She now gets some home care to help her get dressed and cleaned up in the morning so that will be good. She's 98 on Aug. 12th so she's done remarkably well for all she's been through the last two weeks. She was making herself a salad for lunch and only going to watch happy shows after following the news for a bit yesterday. First on her list was "The Brady Bunch."

I have one suitcase in but will hold off on the other as my DS will be over later and he'll bring it in. Nothing has to be washed today so I'm fine with that. 

@kazu Good luck on the house today and I hope it goes whatever way you want it to. I'll have a decision like that down the road and I hope, like you, I'll know it's time and not burden my DS. 

@ger_77 Your backyard and the layout for your get-together is amazing! I wish I lived closer. 

Karen

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. 

I'll pass on Nude Day, anyone going in the ocean needs to be shark aware, and remember the victims in Nice. Not sure about the quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink, and take the wine. I may have been in Cockburn Channel on my SA/Antarctica cruise.

It's 92F here and humid. I haven't had a good night or day. I was up throughout the night with intestinal issues. Plus I seem to have some vertigo since Friday (mainly when rolling over in bed) and was stumbling getting to the bathroom during the night. Then this AM my stomach really hurt. I finally came downstairs around 11:30 this morning, and around noon had vomiting, something I rarely do. That relieved the stomach pain. I've gingerly eaten a little yogurt and have been sipping on Gatorade this afternoon. I may try some plain rice later. I have no idea what caused this. I did manage a nap in the recliner earlier. Prayers for our country.

@Seasick Sailor Happy Birthday to Allen!

@rafinmd Happy Birthday to Keith!

@seagarsmoker Thanks for checking in.

@Cruzin Terri Prayers for you Terri, and Jim.

@ottahand7 Nice photos of Cockburn Channel and your fish catch.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad Ren is going home with DS, where he'll have lots of support.

@kazu Good luck today with the potential house sale! 

@ger_77 Thanks for the wonderful photos from your Summerfest. It looks like a fun time.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you're taking a night off from cooking. Continued prayers for Tana.

@Vict0riann Are you getting a new fridge or waiting for a part?

@sailingdutchy Great photos (produce and Cockburn Channel).

@Norseh2o Congrats on closing on your 'retirement' home. Safe travels to London.

@luvteaching Welcome home. I'm glad your DM is doing ok and is getting some help at home. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. 

I'll pass on Nude Day, anyone going in the ocean needs to be shark aware, and remember the victims in Nice. Not sure about the quote. I'll pass on the meal and drink, and take the wine. I may have been in Cockburn Channel on my SA/Antarctica cruise.

It's 92F here and humid. I haven't had a good night or day. I was up throughout the night with intestinal issues. Plus I seem to have some vertigo since Friday (mainly when rolling over in bed) and was stumbling getting to the bathroom during the night. Then this AM my stomach really hurt. I finally came downstairs around 11:30 this morning, and around noon had vomiting, something I rarely do. That relieved the stomach pain. I've gingerly eaten a little yogurt and have been sipping on Gatorade this afternoon. I may try some plain rice later. I have no idea what caused this. I did manage a nap in the recliner earlier. Prayers for our country.

@Seasick Sailor Happy Birthday to Allen!

@rafinmd Happy Birthday to Keith!

@seagarsmoker Thanks for checking in.

@Cruzin Terri Prayers for you Terri, and Jim.

@ottahand7 Nice photos of Cockburn Channel and your fish catch.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad Ren is going home with DS, where he'll have lots of support.

@kazu Good luck today with the potential house sale! 

@ger_77 Thanks for the wonderful photos from your Summerfest. It looks like a fun time.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you're taking a night off from cooking. Continued prayers for Tana.

@Vict0riann Are you getting a new fridge or waiting for a part?

@sailingdutchy Great photos (produce and Cockburn Channel).

@Norseh2o Congrats on closing on your 'retirement' home. Safe travels to London.

@luvteaching Welcome home. I'm glad your DM is doing ok and is getting some help at home. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you had stomach problems.  I hope you are feeling better now.  I also hope the vertigo has gone away.

Lenda

• Like 11