CARRY ON WATER:

I will say that the onboard crew tends to often look the other way with respect to bringing bottled water onboard at the ports. 

Not so much at embarkation, although there are those who swear that they bring a 6-pak of soda on every cruise. Don't believe everything someone tells you...

I like to have water with me at all times especially in ports that the weather is hot. I have bought a modest amount of bottled water on shore and was able to bring the leftovers  back onboard. By modest amount I mean 2-3 medium sized  bottles. they didn't question me or take it away.

3 hours ago, DorothyB said:

I still miss not being able to bring Dr Pepper on board.  I'd happily pay for it if they would just sell it!

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

At NCL canned prices? 😧

1 hour ago, DorothyB said:

Exorbitant, but I would still buy a few.

Amen !  Mark me down for at least two per day.

You are not allowed.

We have a liquid exemption, so we are allowed to bring liquid on board. It is on our boarding documents.

Our last two cruises were out of San Juan and they never blinked at the liquid we had in our carry-on bags. We were prepared to show them our documents, but no one asked.

You can try, but don't expect it to make it. The last couple of times we sailed out of Miami, we were stopped and had to show our documents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, camper49 said:

Which is?

Last month (on the Gem) soda was $3.50 + 20%, each.

Bartenders generally don't give anyone a can, they usually fill a glass with ice and beverage.

3 hours ago, brookie848 said:

We have a liquid exemption, so we are allowed to bring liquid on board. It is on our boarding documents.

Very curious about this!

On 7/19/2024 at 6:50 PM, DorothyB said:

Very curious about this!

We've gotten them in the past for needing diet ginger ale (diabetic). The current one is for Gatorade Zero. My husband had a kidney transplant. This is his primary drink and they don't offer anything equivalent on board, so therefore the exemption.

You go through the special needs department and have to fill out some paperwork. It doesn't say what kind of liquid you can bring -- just a liquid exemption.

Posted (edited)

I know if you have an infant, they'll allow purified water to be brought on board to mix with baby formula.

But, I have to say, the reports of sharp, plastic plastic in bottled water using plastic bottles would definitely turn me off.

I know NCL uses aluminum cans for their "bottled water" these days.  Personally, having seen their on board water purification facilities, I drink their tap water and find it as good as anything in any sort of bottle (most times, better).

I bring a water bottle with a filter in it that I refill at the water stations on board.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2