FLL/Port Everglades Luggage Drop Off

sprite

We are planning on dropping our checked luggage off at the port before returning our rental car, then we will take the rental car shuttle back to port, then board the ship (Enchanted Princess).  This way we don't have to handle our checked bags during the shuttle process and we can just board from the shuttle.

What time do they generally start collecting luggage at the port?  

Thanks!

• sprite changed the title to FLL/Port Everglades Luggage Drop Off
1 hour ago, sprite said:

We are planning on dropping our checked luggage off at the port before returning our rental car, then we will take the rental car shuttle back to port, then board the ship (Enchanted Princess).  This way we don't have to handle our checked bags during the shuttle process and we can just board from the shuttle.

Thanks!

To be honest, I've seen them accepting luggage as early as 9am.  

That said, unless you have some deep need or desire to be among the first aboard and don't mind waiting on lines to do so, I wouldn't even go til after 10. After 11 would be better - zero lines and traffic has died off considerably.. drop around 11, head to rental agency, drop car, get shuttle and you're aboard by 12. 

But if you're intent to be among the first aboard - they'll be accepting luggage usually as early as 9am. Then you can return car, etc and be back around 10 or so, before doors even open.  (Traffic and all will play a part).

1 hour ago, sprite said:

Thanks!

This does not really make sense to me unless the rental car shuttle does not have adequate space for luggage? 

Enchanted Princess will usually be at Terminal 2. I was there this past May and June and they opened the terminal for check in around 10am. People were in line easily by 9am. and the porters are out and about.

The porter luggage drop off area is steps away from the terminal and where your rental car shuttle would drop you off, so you would not save much time by dropping off luggage and then taking rental car back?

From what I have seen the traffic back up through the luggage drop off area can be very heavy at 9am/9:30am. Personally I think it makes more sense to just take the rental car shuttle with your luggage, one trip. The luggage & passenger drop off are right next to each other on pier 2. Other piers are similar. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skynight said:

From what I have seen the traffic back up through the luggage drop off area can be very heavy at 9am/9:30am. Personally I think it makes more sense to just take the rental car shuttle with your luggage, one trip. The luggage & passenger drop off are right next to each other on pier 2. Other piers are similar. 

The shuttle driver will help you transfer luggage from the shuttle to the porters.  If that’s an issue that is driving your decision.

3 hours ago, sprite said:

Thanks!

9am