Retreat and Blue restaurant

Hi, ive read two different answers on this so i figured id ask the experts. Can retreat/suite guests eat at the Blue restaurant?  Sounds like there were some changes late last year that may have changed that?

thanks

Yes you can, and I absolutely suggest that you do. It was WONDERFUL on my ABC sailing on Beyond at the beginning of the month. Luminae is fantastic as well, but some nights are better than others. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, you can eat at Blu but it is on a space available basis so you do need to make arrangements for it and not just show up with the expectation of being seated immediately.

It certainly doesn't hurt to make arrangements for it, but I've never had a problem just showing up, but I don't go at the prime seating times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a reminder, when BLU is busy, they can’t send Aqua class passengers over to Luminae to even out the load.  That’s why it’s always good to consult with the staff to make sure it’s a good time to eat in blue on any given night.

Posted (edited)

It really depends on the sailing. We have been on cruises when they could barely seat all of the AQ guest and we heard the hostess tell Suite guests 'NO' several times. It's AQ's dining room so AQ takes priority. 

EDIT to add for those who question why there wasn't easily space for AQ ... tables sitting for a long time and chatting with neighbours. 

Edited by mrgabriel

Thanks everyone and glad we are able to try it.  Hopefully the concierge can help us get in one night.  We are on Summit and Peanut Head mentioned that some ships you can order from Blue in Luminae.  Does anyone know if Summit is one of those ships?

Thanks again

We never had a problem eating in Blu when we showed up (even when seemingly full). Tried it most recently on Apex because Blu is a stunning room but weren't overly impressed with food or service compared to Luminae.

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Yes, it is.

Not doubting you at all, but when I was on Suumit in Dec., in Luminae they also brought the MDR menu without my asking.  They never brought, not did I ask for, a menu from Blu.  I love Luminae so never felt the need to even look at the MDR menu.

I'm assuming this is not the case on the edge class ships that have a separate Aqua Sky Suite category that entitles you to dine in both. I booked Aqua because I really enjoyed it on a past sailing. I would have booked a suite guarantee if I thought that I could dine in either... but I assumed I would have needed to book an aqua suite, which was quite a bit more expensive, and I didn't want to take a chance on how well I would like Luminae since I enjoyed Blu as much as I did. Looking at menus the Blu ones appealed to me more in terms of the descriptions. That said I've heard Luminae is wonderful from people who have dined there.

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

I'm assuming this is not the case on the edge class ships that have a separate Aqua Sky Suite category that entitles you to dine in both. I booked Aqua because I really enjoyed it on a past sailing. I would have booked a suite guarantee if I thought that I could dine in either... but I assumed I would have needed to book an aqua suite, which was quite a bit more expensive, and I didn't want to take a chance on how well I would like Luminae since I enjoyed Blu as much as I did. Looking at menus the Blu ones appealed to me more in terms of the descriptions. That said I've heard Luminae is wonderful from people who have dined there.

The published policy is that suite guests can dine in Blu on a space-available basis.  Luminae's menu doesn't change which is offputting for some

44 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The published policy is that suite guests can dine in Blu on a space-available basis.  Luminae's menu doesn't change which is offputting for some

I thought it changes nightly just like Blu

We’ve seen suite guests asked to stand aside for any Aqua guests in the queue which we were. I’m guessing they got in later but Blu was always busy when we were there.