Need your opinion - Transatlantic & Caribbean in March or November

Hello from Germany,

we are planning our silver wedding anniversary 2025 trip and thinking about this:

M506 - Transatlantic - Caribbean March 8 until April 6  or

M535E - Transatlantic - Caribbean November 17 until December 15

The last one would start at Hamburg but we are aware of the late time of the year.

May it be a good period to do an Atlantic crossing and visiting the Caribbean?

Perhaps someone has done one of these sailings and help us a little bit.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Germany

Thorsten

Having done several transatlantic/Caribbean cruises with various cruise lines no one time is better than any other, especially with the way that climate change is affecting the weather these days. Given the choice I would probably go for the March/April as there is a slightly better chance of better weather (others may disagree), but at the end of the day it is pot luck.

We have crossed the Atlantic, southern route taking in Bermuda, late April.

The seas were wonderfully benign and that was on Victoria. I guess you just can’t tell how the seas will be.

Posted (edited)

Dear Thorsten,

Future Congratulations on your Silver Anniversary. We will be sailing on the same 14th Day segment of the Caribbean Trip on March 15th as you for our Post 48th Anniversary in 2025.

Not recently but we did sail many Caribbean Sailings during that time of year from as far back as the QE2 and QM2. This sailing to the Caribbean in March has not been done by the QM2 since 2008, the last time we took it. The time of year on this trip re-attracted us to book.

I know your concern about climate change effects topic you mentioned but on a regular sailing to the Caribbean, it's a wonderful experience and one we always enjoyed. Especially those days on the open seas those three days at the start and end, we look forward too as many others to Sun-ing on the open decks.

We never did a sailing in November to the Caribbean as we are preparing for the Holidays at home.

Hope you decide which one you would like to book. If you decide March, would be delighted to say "Hello" during the sailing. 

Edited by BklynBoy8

I can recommend the November Caribbean cruise on QM2. We were on that sailing in 2022. One thing making that sailing a bit special is that they typically start putting up the Christmas decorations during the Caribbean portion of that cruise. It was November 27th when the Christmas decorations starting going up on QM2 in 2022.

• Like 1

Can highly recommend the November crossing, having done the round trip last November and booked on again for this year! First leg is the Cheltenham Literature Festival - brings a good atmosphere and ‘buzz’ to the ship and bonus if you have an interest. Day in NYC then head for warmer weather. Xmas Decorations start popping up all over the ship and will be fully installed by the time you reach NYC on your return journey. As others have said you can never predict the weather on the Atlantic - depends what time of year best suits you to travel.

5 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

Hello from Germany,

we are planning our silver wedding anniversary 2025 trip and thinking about this:

M506 - Transatlantic - Caribbean March 8 until April 6  or

M535E - Transatlantic - Caribbean November 17 until December 15

The last one would start at Hamburg but we are aware of the late time of the year.

May it be a good period to do an Atlantic crossing and visiting the Caribbean?

We did this in 2019, the North Atlantic on QM2 in November is a fantastic place to be  I blogged about it HERE.... if you're interested

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2024 at 11:11 AM, Victoria2 said:

We have crossed the Atlantic, southern route taking in Bermuda, late April.

The seas were wonderfully benign and that was on Victoria. I guess you just can’t tell how the seas will be.

Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread, but which port did QV dock at in Bermuda? The itinerary says Hamilton, but I don't know if that's actually where we'll be docking, or if it's a 'New York/Brooklyn' situation. 

18 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread, but which port did QV dock at in Bermuda? The itinerary says Hamilton, but I don't know if that's actually where we'll be docking, or if it's a 'New York/Brooklyn' situation. 

Royal Naval Dockyard with a water shuttle over to Hamilton.

Wonderful dock as the last time we were there, The Americas Cup was based at the Dockyard and QV gave us a  marvellous viewing platform to watch Oracle and Emirates coming out 'to play'!

• Like 1

Aloha. Congratulations!!!  Have been blessed to sail Canard since 1977 and many TAs at various times.  They are all iffy and so weather dependant that any time is ok in my opinion. Just go and enjoy and please keep us posted!