Reusable water bottle?

Whitby100

It’s been reported on this board that Journey is providing reusable metal water bottles.  Can someone post a photo? I always bring mine that I got on a river cruise.  It’s excellent but if I’m getting one on my AZ cruise it would be one less thing to pack. While my next cruise is on Journey, I am sure others would like to know if they’re on other ships too.

Thanks, although I may keep the AZ for river cruising and use the Emerald one for AZ.  I remember everyone losing track of whose they belonged to on our last river cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ELErr said:

Are these offered on Quest?

Not to date but possibly after dry dock if they are installing the water machines

• Like 1

Do they give you the reusable bottle?   Are they still providing the plastic bottles?  Advantages and disadvantages to each option...

6 hours ago, DS said:

Do they give you the reusable bottle?   Are they still providing the plastic bottles?  Advantages and disadvantages to each option...

Yes, it is a gift. No more plastic bottles on Journey. Just Evian water is still in plastic but you have to pay for.

• Like 1

This is such good news. 

We will be doing B2Bs with my dad, his companion, my brother, and his wife next year. I'll make custom stickers for everyone to identify their bottles.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

A down side is carrying those metal bottles on excursions-- they weigh a lot more than the plastic.   And, if you want some water in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, you'd better have planned ahead....

21 minutes ago, DS said:

A down side is carrying those metal bottles on excursions-- they weigh a lot more than the plastic.   And, if you want some water in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, you'd better have planned ahead....

And they clink constantly on the bus ride and the walks.  

"The bottles on the bus go clink, clink, clink..."

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Very nice!

Posted (edited)

I did not like the water stations. The water wasn't chilled and it didn't taste very nice, to me at least. I'm taking my Brita water filter bottle with me next time. On a side note, if you are fussy like me about water taste then these are brilliant. I'll fill it up first thing and put it in the fridge. After breakfast should be good to go. 

Phil 

IMG_4815.png

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Never experienced that on other lines that use them. At least you can also pop ice into the bottles so you avoid the curse of the warm sweating plastic bottles. I’m all for everyone being asked to stop using single use plastic- it’s the least we can do for future generations and as Phil shows you can work around taste issues. 

• Like 5

I have been in Pursuit this year and haven't received a bottle yet 😪   

My personal view as a germaphobe:  water bottles are great when I'm at home, where I can properly wash them AND completely dry them daily.  However, during a cruise with a heavy port-intensive schedule, it would require too much effort to keep them germ free.  I couldn't find a trustworthy source for germ info, just this random website.

I am not trying to convince anybody, I realize many people have logged thousands of travel hours with reusable bottles with no health issues.    However, I prefer bottled water when I travel.    I promise you, dear Earth, that I will reuse and recycle as much as I can every day when I'm home.

(Of course, don't bring up the bottled water problems when Azamara was in South Africa, which contradicts my support for bottled water).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DS said:

No water carafe in the cabin any more? Or glasses?

27 minutes ago, QueenP said:

No water carafe in the cabin any more? Or glasses?

Don't know about top suites, but in all other cabins there was never a water carafe.  There were multiple plastic bottle of water and multiple drinking glasses. 

I think there will always be some available water bottles if requested.  I used the refill system on the Journey last February/March in a very hot southern Hemisphere and in 45 days I only used 15 plastic bottles. I washed and air dried the plastic bottles very well and used for several days, refilling at the station and chilled in my fridge. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 11:59 AM, beatnix said:

IMG_20240728_172349.thumb.jpg.c94a9e234d97a0898a8432bc4da4462d.jpg

Thanks for posting this.  Would you be able to tell me what the diameter is of the bottle?  Thanks!

I find the reusable bottle that I got from Emerald very handy.  I carry a very small bottle of dish soap in my cosmetics bag for washing.  I bought a small crossbody bag that has a compartment on the end designed for travel umbrella or water bottle.  When researching this purchase I came up with a myriad of options - slings just for water bottles and rubber loops for carabiners.  I filled my bottle at breakfast in the dining room (staff were happy to oblige) or ordered ice/ water with my room service breakfast.  During the day the various bars were happy to provide the same.  Stickers are a super idea for identification. I suspect once people try them they will appreciate them.  

• Like 2