How is Royal with price adjustments?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mooretraveling said:

I don’t think I understand. Your agent said you can’t get an adjustment because your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date?

This particular poster ( @compman9 ) is in the UK, completely different set of rules.

Edited by not-enough-cruising

On 8/2/2024 at 10:10 AM, compman9 said:

I have experience of this today. I did not recall the 2022 change, so I contacted my agent

This was her reply. . .

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean about their Best Price Guarantee. They offer rate adjustments if a better price is found before the final payment is made. If there is a lower price within 48 hours of booking within final payment stage, the difference can be provided as onboard credit. However, again this option is only available if the booking is made within 48 hours and after the final payment.
"Unfortunately, since your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date, Royal Caribbean is unable to offer a price adjustment or onboard credit.
"As a gesture of compensation, Royal Caribbean has offered to upgrade you to an oceanview category to reflect the price difference."

That is because you are in the UK where price drops are not allowed.  People here are referring to US bookings

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is because you are in the UK where price drops are not allowed.  People here are referring to US bookings

I am aware of that. I was providing my experience. This site isn't just for Americans.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I am aware of that. I was providing my experience. This site isn't just for Americans.

I was just providing context so that people could differentiate between the difference in your experience vs what theirs would be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

Lots of Brits book in the US market so their experience would again be different from yours. 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was just providing context so that people could differentiate between the difference in your experience vs what theirs would be. 

Are price drops okay in Canada?  Or cruises booked via CAD?  Interested parties want to know.  😎

On 8/2/2024 at 10:10 AM, compman9 said:

I have experience of this today. I did not recall the 2022 change, so I contacted my agent

This was her reply. . .

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean about their Best Price Guarantee. They offer rate adjustments if a better price is found before the final payment is made. If there is a lower price within 48 hours of booking within final payment stage, the difference can be provided as onboard credit. However, again this option is only available if the booking is made within 48 hours and after the final payment.
"Unfortunately, since your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date, Royal Caribbean is unable to offer a price adjustment or onboard credit.
"As a gesture of compensation, Royal Caribbean has offered to upgrade you to an oceanview category to reflect the price difference."

wow - sounds like you have a good agent - maybe I should switch.  I just booked our cruises a few days ago - see a price drop.  contacted our agent - let's see what he says...  

NJ

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

wow - sounds like you have a good agent - maybe I should switch.  I just booked our cruises a few days ago - see a price drop.  contacted our agent - let's see what he says...  

NJ

I'd guess if they are upgrading for free, the OV price dropped too and is lower than the price they booked at. I booked a ov and the price dropped $75, lol now today back to what I paid and they are offering a $75 obc. One lone balcony at a crazy rate so I cant upgrade. Not unless I paid the price difference. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd guess if they are upgrading for free, the OV price dropped too and is lower than the price they booked at. I booked a ov and the price dropped $75, lol now today back to what I paid and they are offering a $75 obc. One lone balcony at a crazy rate so I cant upgrade. Not unless I paid the price difference. 

thanks for this.  when I booked & asked about upcoming sales, our agent said the prices will only go up.  obviously, it's a mugs game on pricing.

6 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

thanks for this.  when I booked & asked about upcoming sales, our agent said the prices will only go up.  obviously, it's a mugs game on pricing.

I booked last thursday, by last Monday the insides dropped $200. I thought about booking a inside in case peices dropped so I'd have room to upgrade, as all balconys and suites sold out before I booked. Now one lone balcony came back and glitches when I click and doubles in price when I get to peice price screen.  A spacious balcony I'd like but I think they are keeping it glitchy on purpose so they can now show a balcony price. 

On the other hand if I'd waited all that was left was connecting ovs... but the price for me on adventure dropped sept and dec both. It was true before prices seemed to only go up but lately other travel related sites are all reporting bookings are down. There are deals to be had. 

Price dropped $400+ from when I contacted my TA to get a quote and actually booking.  3 more since then totaling $610.  Original quote $7132, current price $6066. 

On 8/4/2024 at 8:37 AM, compman9 said:

But the question from the OP was concerning a cruise ship (Liberty) sailing out of a US Port. On some sites I am active on, hijacking a thread like you have done is not allowed. 

4 hours ago, poocher said:

Price dropped $400+ from when I contacted my TA to get a quote and actually booking.  3 more since then totaling $610.  Original quote $7132, current price $6066. 

More signs that prices are softening and demand is not as strong as it was even 3 months ago. Good going.