The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 1st, 2024

14 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Thank you for all your prayers today.  When we first got to the hospital Chuck did not even know who I was.When I went back this evening he did. I had to come home and let his brother know what was going on, I dont have his number in my cell phone  (this is not Scott, this is Clay).

The docs did a bunch of blood tests, and a CT to see if there was blood in the brain, there was not.  Next up are two MRI's , the same that he had last week, (it was 10 pm when I left, he still hadnt had the MRIs, they will do an eeg, to see what the brain waves are doing.  So, either it was a stroke, the cancer has reached the brain, or DH had been abusing his meds.  He told the 3rd doc, that he took the meds 4 times a day, two pills at a time, and yes that means he was untruthing me for the last 6 months taking twice the dosage he should have, and the doc told me when he comes home, I have to keep control of the meds..  Now I know why i saved that safe my dad gave me.  But then again, he has not been able to do math for the last 3 months, so maybe it's dementia.  They are calling what is going on with him, an episode.

Unfortunately he was going a bit haywire by 10, trying to roll up all the cords attached to him, and he said he wanted to stick them in a bag.  What bag,?  He said he had a bag.  Nope.  And of course when he was pulling on all the cords, it was making the monitors all scream.  The nurse came in, and untangled what she could and moved the bed as far from the wall that he could, but still allowing him to watch the tv.  I had put it on the olympics, but he really was more interested in  rolling up cords, and slapped the nurse when she was trying to unravel him.  At this rate he'll be in a straight jacket by the time I get there in the morning.  She turned off the light in the room, and decided that since he was so agitated, it was time for me to go.

And she just called me to ask me questions regarding a thousand things before they did the MRI.  She gave me his room number where he will be tomorrow.  Rm 2615, a step down room, what is a step down room, she said a step down from emergency.  I think he will be there for a couple of days.  His blood showed a very high potassium level, I asked if that was caused by his ice cream addiction, that was a no.  The edema has spread to a lung.  This is because he does not move!  Any way, he is in good hands, I have to cancel my dr's appointment tomorrow, and his, I l already cancelled my work for tomorrow, might have to do Saturday too, but we will see.

I have to take the trash out, and give the outdoor cats water, and go to bed.I'm tired, and I know you dont sleep well in a hospital.  So I am pretty sure that if he can get comfortable, he will sleep late, he's had no food today, so he might actually be hungry by tomorrow, but they had an IV drip in him for at least 5 hours today.

You all know I have a weird sense of humor, so I am going to post something-it showed up on my computer as an ad. I had to laugh.

vintage aluminum metal sign 12 x8 funny retro quote wall decor for garage club home bar cafe man cave multipurpose wall hanging sign with english language   example 0

Annie, I hope you can get a good night's sleep.  Chuck is in good hands.  I hope by tomorrow, they will have a better idea what is going on, and have a plan to go forward.  HUGS!

We might have the same sense of humor as I loved what you posted and also laughed.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@marshhawk

thank you for the update. I hope you’re able to get some rest tonight, just knowing Chuck is in the best place possible for now. 

I second this. I hope you can get some rest and that the kitties decide to have a quiet night.

Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

...You all know I have a weird sense of humor, so I am going to post something-it showed up on my computer as an ad. I had to laugh.

vintage aluminum metal sign 12 x8 funny retro quote wall decor for garage club home bar cafe man cave multipurpose wall hanging sign with english language   example 0

🫂 🤗 

Yes, so true. Even the Universe knows we all need a laugh, sometimes during the most difficult times.

I hope you take a few minutes to breathe and soothe your soul. We're here with and for you. 🤗🫂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, I’m here with a special request of all my Daily friends.  I just received the following email from our dear @marshhawk:

“I'm at the hospital.  It looks like Chuck had a stroke.  We were on our way from the bank and something happened. He rolled his eyes up in his head and when we got to the restaurant, he couldn’t open the door.  Got him into the restaurant and he was sweating profusely.  The staff got some cool towels to put on him, but he wouldn’t answer any questions I asked him. He has been saying all morning that he didn’t want to go to the emergency, but he’s there now.”

Asking for your prayers for Chuck @catmando, his medical team, and especially for Annie @marshhawk as she walks the tightrope of Chuck’s health. 

Thank you, 

Gerry

BTW, I asked Annie if she wanted me to pass this along to all of you, her friends, and she said yes, please. 

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It’s late but I had to add my prayers and thoughts for Annie and Chuck @marshhawk. Hugs 

Debbie @dfish, I also think it would be better to book onboard in order to get the OBC. And I’m so jealous about your Hawaii cruise!  I would love to do that cruise again. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, it might take some time getting your $ back from Flight Ease. When we went on our Med cruise June 2022 there was lady I met at the M&G who arrived at the airport for her flight to Barcelona purchased through FE and was told there was no ticket for her. Now I know that brings up a lot of questions, why this, why that— (OMG, how can you not check your flights!).  So she purchased a ticket and flew to Barcelona, in other words she paid twice. After the cruise she posted here on CC about her experience and ranted about not getting a resolution. It went on and on. She must have gotten reimbursed because her posts stopped. So……again, I think it takes time. BTW, I stopped using FE when I couldn’t get the same connections that I could directly trough the airline. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Annie, you are a wonder.  Prayers for Chuck and for you.  I hope you can get a good night’s rest, knowing your DH is in good hands.  Maybe tomorrow take him in something to distract him from those cords! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

🐇 🐇 🐰 

What a day - haven't made it through today's full postings yet, but wanted to jump in while I have a break and before l head out ro PT, which I rescheduled from this AM.

Boss scheduled a 1:1 when he saw I had moved my PT appt from this morning to EOD. He scheduled it for 30 min, we were on about 15. Takeaways: keep a log of my daily doings to justify my FT status. Dr appts cannot be classified as lunch for timekeeping purposes, and sitting in front of the computer ready to take a call is not working.🤔

I am salary, workday is 7am-5pm (unless something comes up before or after, which it usually does since I work across 5 time zones) 5 days/wk = 50hr standard workweek. 

Being salary (as I have been for 15+ years w/this company) I don't watch a clock, don't record time, and don't ignore a call or email "after hours" because I'm "off the clock." I guess that changes today.🤷‍♀️

Heading to lunch/PT in 20 min then done for the day. Phew...is it the weekend yet?

So sorry you are having to deal with this.

This is exactly what pushed me to retired at 64 ILO waiting until 66 and so glad I did.  Yes financially it was an adjustment the first couple of years but smooth sailing now.

Hang in there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

So sorry you are having to deal with this.

This is exactly what pushed me to retired at 64 ILO waiting until 66 and so glad I did.  Yes financially it was an adjustment the first couple of years but smooth sailing now.

Hang in there!

My DH always said you don’t quit your job, you quit your boss! 

• Like 5

• LauraS locked this topic