Port of Miami to FLL

No way, no how, would I try. Remember you have a 45 or so minute drive...maybe traffic depending on what day of the week, and you will be arriving at FLL in the middle of the rush from Port Everglades.

That is not likely to work well for you. Travel time is a minimum of 25 minutes once you are in a vehicle. Realistically, you should allocate 45 minutes. You need a minimum of 10 minutes to get through security with TSAPre or Clear on a really light day. 25 minutes is more likely. Bags need to be checked 45 minutes before your flight. The line to check bags can be 20 minutes.

You need to be at the gate 30 minutes before the departure time.

You basically have about 2:30 minutes at a realistic minimum committed time. There is no guarantee you will be able to get ashore at any particular time, but you would need to be ashore by 7:10 to stand a hair of a chance.

Could you? Maybe

Will you? Maybe not. What's your contingency plan, and what does it cost you to adapt at the last minute?

You will want to see how many ships are in Fort Lauderdale. On a busy day during cruise season, there can be upwards of 20,000 or more people  transiting through FLL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzypickles said:

It’s Alaska so if we don’t make it we can move it to the next day and stay overnight. We do have tsaprecheck and it’s on a Sunday so just maybe! Thanks for the replies!

Sunday is one of the busiest, if not the busiest, days at FLL, and Port Everglades.

Take the early flight the next day.

• Like 1

My daughter is a flight attendant and has flown the Miami and FLL routes. Her recommendation is book a hotel day in Miami or FLL and relax and fly out the next day if you want the non-stop cross country.  Why end your relaxed vacay with a stressful trip home?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:19 PM, Fuzzypickles said:

Alaska has a great nonstop flight out of FLL and not MIA. the flight options aren’t great 

I would be a nervous wreck trying that. Were it me I would take a later flight or plan on spending the night and flying out the next day.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:06 PM, Fuzzypickles said:

It’s Alaska so if we don’t make it we can move it to the next day and stay overnight. We do have tsaprecheck and it’s on a Sunday so just maybe! Thanks for the replies!

If you ever saw the TSA Precheck line at MCO on a Sunday, you would know why staying the night and flying out Monday is a wise choice. 😉 

Well actually we got off the Wonder in February and made a 10:00am flight with no problem at all. We self disembarked as early as we could and grabbed an Uber. We also have tsa precheck.  We don’t have to get back on Sunday so if we can’t make the flight we can move it to Monday and get a hotel. I will definitely report back the results but it’s not until March.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzypickles said:

Well actually we got off the Wonder in February and made a 10:00am flight with no problem at all. We self disembarked as early as we could and grabbed an Uber. We also have tsa precheck.  We don’t have to get back on Sunday so if we can’t make the flight we can move it to Monday and get a hotel. I will definitely report back the results but it’s not until March.

Lots of missing facts here. Airports and ports involved?

You just assume there will be available seats on every flight for you to easily grab?

12 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

You just assume there will be available seats on every flight for you to easily grab?

Sorry. They quoted MCO which is Orlando. It was Wonder out of Port Canaveral

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Did you not read the title and first post? You have port, and airport right there. 

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Did you not read the title and first post? You have port, and airport right there. 

The post I quoted was a sudden diversion to MCO. I totally know the original airports and ports were, but if you look at posts 12 and 13, there is a wrong turn.