Can we bring a coffee maker?

We are in the Haven on Joy on a 15 night Panama Canal cruise Feb 2025

Simple yes or no but everyone will need to tell us we have a butler and a nespresso maker in the room so you will need an explanation 😁

our previous week in the Haven resulted in bad coffee.  We asked our butler to have coffee pot in the room by 6am.  We did. But. It was either cold, too strong or watered down.  Never got a decent mornings coffee til we got into the Haven restaurant and that might take an hour or longer. 

So the plan would be to bring an old Mr coffee (since we’re driving from Arizona to the port of LA) and just tossing it at the back end. It ls not like we don’t have several old coffee makers in the basement.  

back to the question:  will they let us bring a coffee maker on board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

Simple yes or no but everyone will need to tell us we have a butler and a nespresso maker in the room so you will need an explanation 😁

our previous week in the Haven resulted in bad coffee.  We asked our butler to have coffee pot in the room by 6am.  We did. But. It was either cold, too strong or watered down.  Never got a decent mornings coffee til we got into the Haven restaurant and that might take an hour or longer. 

So the plan would be to bring an old Mr coffee (since we’re driving from Arizona to the port of LA) and just tossing it at the back end. It ls not like we don’t have several old coffee makers in the basement.  

Why not simply ask NCL to obtain the simple yes or no response

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

There you are, if you insist ... this portable French Press (via Amazon) one will breeze thru security just fine.  You'll just need to provide hot water to pour over yourself.   Condensed milk is preferred but half & half will suffice.   You'll have your own Ca Phe Sua Da (hot or cold, by pouring it over ice cubes) 

Have your butler provide the hot water and/or possibly obtain a hot water kettle from housekeeping, enjoy 😉  You will have to bring your own custom blend.  

https://www.amazon.com/Vietnamese-Coffee-Filter-French-Portable/dp/B07YZ4HL7X/ref=asc_df_B07YZ4HL7X/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=692875362841&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15665329386227255196&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004382&hvtargid=pla-2281435178058&psc=1&mcid=c2d870bf55a339ea88cf3ff34d28646d&hvocijid=15665329386227255196-B07YZ4HL7X-&hvexpln=73&gad_source=1

Otherwise, short answer is no, NCL safety regulations prohibit from bring your own onboard.  Haven residency or otherwise.  Sorry.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

And to expand a little. Prohibited items list, number 22.

Skärmbild (93).png

Thanks!!  And here I thought it was because they wanted sell me coffee in the Starbucks!  Maybe I should ask the butler to bring us a Starbucks box every morning with our FAS+ !!

38 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

You'll just need to provide hot water to pour over yourself.

Please also bring some sandwich bags to put the grounds in, otherwise the cabin steward would have to hand sort through the coffee grounds to separate the garbage.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Unfortunately no.  I tried once and security confiscated my coffee pot, my George Foreman grill and my waffle maker!   😉

But what about your microwave?

3 hours ago, erisajd said:

According to others, the answer is probably No.

That said, it's been reported multiple times on multiple threads that passengers in non-Haven cabins can get a coffee maker in their room by asking their room steward.  Perhaps you might wish to ask for one of those coffee makers given to the non-Haven cabins.  You want to discuss this with the shore-based concierge.

I know I intend to do the same on my next cruise.  I would much prefer to have a Keurig than a Nespresso coffee maker. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I know I intend to do the same on my next cruise.  I would much prefer to have a Keurig than a Nespresso coffee maker. 

From what I have seen here there are no Keurigs, but rather pad machines.

6 hours ago, erisajd said:

Thanks!!  And here I thought it was because they wanted sell me coffee in the Starbucks!  Maybe I should ask the butler to bring us a Starbucks box every morning with our FAS+ !!

Hardly anyone pays cruise ship prices for Starbucks. 

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No K-cups. Hamilton Beach single serve. Pretty worthless. 

Coffee discs? - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

Coffee discs? - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

Thanks.  Better than nothing.   We can easily bring coffee and filters and make it work.  

On 8/3/2024 at 2:21 AM, BirdTravels said:

Hardly anyone pays cruise ship prices for Starbucks. 

Enough people do to make the barista busy and people waiting pretty much every time I pass the café. Not sure why they do (I wouldn't), but they do... 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

A very very very very few actually buy into the NCL money grab and upgrade their FAS or drinks package. 

Maybe (I don't know), but OP has stated they have it so it's irrelevant how many other have it. Actually, it's completely irrelevant to this topic either way come to think of it.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Maybe I missed it, but what's the reason for not using the Nespresso in the room?

They don't say but I'm guessing they don't like (or think they don't like) Nespresso coffee for some reason. Me? I love Nespresso! If you don't like espresso coffee you don't have to make espresso! You have lots of options! I don't know what capsules NCL provides, but I would probably bring a pack of my own choosing. (I frequently stay in Airbnbs that have Nespresso machines).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asawi said:

They don't say but I'm guessing they don't like (or think they don't like) Nespresso coffee for some reason. Me? I love Nespresso! If you don't like espresso coffee you don't have to make espresso! You have lots of options! I don't know what capsules NCL provides, but I would probably bring a pack of my own choosing. (I frequently stay in Airbnbs that have Nespresso machines).

I find Nespresso quite good, too.

• Like 2