🚢 LIVE🚢 NV Aug 5 - 9, 2024 ❤️ Suite Getaway Cruise🥂🚢🥂

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from HBCcruiser! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

HBCcruiser was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Welcome to a short LIVE 4-night getaway cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. This cruise was planned as a celebration of my recent retirement, my DD’s birthday celebration, and a way for us to enjoy some time together. Both daughters live out of state now, so spending time with them is precious. My mom recently passed away, so I prioritize spending as much time as possible with family, especially my daughters. Mom introduced me to the love of cruising and we shared many fun cruises together. I want to do the same with my daughters. Making memories is priceless! My DH is not really into cruising (he does it to make me happy) so he encourages me to enjoy my favorite past time with my daughters. Such a great man. 🥰 

Now don’t feel bad for my other DD who couldn’t get away from work to go on this cruise. She was able to join us on our most recent Harmony cruise in April. The DD going on this short cruise couldn’t go on that one so I decided to book this one for her and her friend. We were able to get a good price on the 2-bedroom aft grand suite too. I’m going to enjoy that large balcony. 😎 I had originally booked a sea day cabana ($300 for the day🙄) but cancelled when I was able to upgrade to this cabin. 

We have both sailed on the Navigator before, and really enjoy her. The convenience of the port being only 25 minutes from where I live is really a plus. We all have the beverage and dining package. As Diamond level I was able to score 45% off the drink package! Score on that one. It was down to $54 a day when I purchased it. 🥳🥂.

So I just finished checking us all in - the health check part opened at noon. 

• Like 6

Our plan is to grab those yummy espresso martinis from Schooners, book shows and such, go to Playmakers for lunch, check into the cabin then head to Lime and Coconut for sail away. Oh, rainbow shots with Raj (if he is onboard) will be happening as well!

IMG_3888.thumb.jpeg.6352d16983ccd39bdeffd7c77c5157ae.jpeg

Raj and his famous Rainbow Shots!

IMG_4231.thumb.jpeg.827857e499ce753688821e5be55f74c4.jpeg

• Like 12

Our excursions:

In Catalina we are heading to Descanso’s Beach Club. It is an easy 10-15 minute walk from the pier. They have lounge chairs with umbrellas and cabanas on the beach for rent. Food and beverages are extra. 

In Ensenada we booked a private driver who we have used in the past to take us wine and tequila tasting. We have reservations at Casa Frida and Descubre Monte Xanic right now. We have been to Frida before - love it! The other is new to us. After those places we will see where else we have time to stop. It is always a fun time. 🥂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Following. 

Have a safe fun time. 

Take care. 

Oooh love the diamonds and your fur baby pic! My DD has an adorable fur baby too. 

IMG_2290.thumb.jpeg.5dae15421a9debbf533b5eb38fdf322a.jpeg

• Like 8

The concierge email arrived 10 days prior to our cruise. Normally we get it the week prior. This one was early. 👍 Our concierge, Denzil Fernandez, seems very on top of things. He responded quickly to our requests. I foresee a great tip for him!

IMG_5582.jpeg

• Like 3

Theme nights are as follows:

Night 1 - Disco/70’s

Night 2 - Formal Dress to Impress

Night 3 - Tropical 

RED night club too 11 pm

Night 4 - 80’s

Shows onboard:

iSkate - 7pm and 9pm night 1

8pm night 3

Ballroom Fever - 7pm and 9pm night 2

Headliner Gary Caouette - 7pm and 9pm night 3

Showgirl - 7pm and 9pm night 4

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Looks-like-such-a-fun-cruise!

Loved-Navigator-too.

Enjoy-and-safe-travels.

I-am-here-in-Florida-waiting-the-arrival-of-TS-Debby!

Thanks for the well wishes. Stay safe! 🙏

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Welcome to a short LIVE 4-night getaway cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. This cruise was planned as a celebration of my recent retirement, my DD’s birthday celebration, and a way for us to enjoy some time together. Both daughters live out of state now, so spending time with them is precious. My mom recently passed away, so I prioritize spending as much time as possible with family, especially my daughters. Mom introduced me to the love of cruising and we shared many fun cruises together. I want to do the same with my daughters. Making memories is priceless! My DH is not really into cruising (he does it to make me happy) so he encourages me to enjoy my favorite past time with my daughters. Such a great man. 🥰 

Now don’t feel bad for my other DD who couldn’t get away from work to go on this cruise. She was able to join us on our most recent Harmony cruise in April. The DD going on this short cruise couldn’t go on that one so I decided to book this one for her and her friend. We were able to get a good price on the 2-bedroom aft grand suite too. I’m going to enjoy that large balcony. 😎 I had originally booked a sea day cabana ($300 for the day🙄) but cancelled when I was able to upgrade to this cabin. 

We have both sailed on the Navigator before, and really enjoy her. The convenience of the port being only 25 minutes from where I live is really a plus. We all have the beverage and dining package. As Diamond level I was able to score 45% off the drink package! Score on that one. It was down to $54 a day when I purchased it. 🥳🥂.

I never heard of s 45 % off drink package and we are diamond plus . Our first ever grand suite was navigator liked that so much did it a total of 3 times always in grand suite. 

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Did you like him? So far he seems wonderful!

It was our first family vacation with a then-3 yr old. And we're still booking suites for family vacations today.  So yes, definitely liked him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George C said:

I never heard of s 45 % off drink package and we are diamond plus . Our first ever grand suite was navigator liked that so much did it a total of 3 times always in grand suite. 

Oops, my mistake.  It was 40% off not 45%. They offered it for one day as I remember and only for Diamond and up members. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cherful59 said:

I haven’t been on Navigator in years, but have been thinking of booking as I have not cruised that area.  I remember liking the ship a lot.  Enjoy your cruise!

Let me know if there is anything you want to see/know while we are onboard. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

I never heard of s 45 % off drink package and we are diamond plus .

For a limited time, RCI offered only to D and up a sale in the planner on a limited number of ships/sailings. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I'll be following along... I've got two Navigator's coming up.  One 7 day in Sept. but then this exact 4 day over the Halloween week at the end of October.  I'm envious of DBP price... I've got my diamond drinks as well and I'll pay cash for the rest but at $54 a day I'd be tempted to go back to purchasing the package for myself.  

We're not 25 minutes away but it is a pretty easy drive in for us too.  Enjoy you trip, I'll enjoy following along. 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4