P&O Iona Fjords Cruise Port Times?

Hey everyone,

I’m heading on the P&O Iona cruise to the fjords in a few weeks, and I’m having a tough time getting any info about the port times (Stavanger, Olden, Hellesylt, Haugesund). I’ve tried searching and even asking P&O directly, but no luck so far! Seems weird that nobody knows and it's making it hard to plan my own excursions.

Has anyone done this cruise recently or know the schedule?

Thanks in advance!

We have our first P & O cruise booked next year and the secrecy surrounding this by the line I find disconcerting.

We have other cruises booked in 2025 and 2026 with the line we usually travel with and we knew the arrival/departure times when we booked on the website.

I guess you regular guys here who sail P & O are used to it and it all works out ok for you.

23 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We have our first P & O cruise booked next year and the secrecy surrounding this by the line I find disconcerting.

We have other cruises booked in 2025 and 2026 with the line we usually travel with and we knew the arrival/departure times when we booked on the website.

I guess you regular guys here who sail P & O are used to it and it all works out ok for you.

It can be annoying for new cruisers, however all private excursion operators know the port times from the port authority, so they tailor their excursions to them, and will know if there is a planned change.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tin can said:

They used to give port arrival/departure times but then suddenly changed to the now early/late offering. The cynical P&O cruisers, myself included, think it is because P&O changed it so it made it difficult, but not impossible, to arrange you own excursions so therefore book P&Os instead and boosting their profits.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

They used to give port arrival/departure times but then suddenly changed to the now early/late offering. The cynical P&O cruisers, myself included, think it is because P&O changed it so it made it difficult, but not impossible, to arrange you own excursions so therefore book P&Os instead and boosting their profits.

Go on Cruise Mapper or The Cruise Guide to 1200 Ports of Call. They both give arrival/departure times for all ports.

21 hours ago, majortom10 said:

The cynical P&O cruisers, myself included, think it is because P&O changed it so it made it difficult, but not impossible, to arrange you own excursions so therefore book P&Os instead and boosting their profits.

You might be right, especially with the line aimed at a slightly older demographic (I include myself in that) as this adds a bit of uncertainty to things.

It can't be for any operational reasons as Carnivals sailings in Europe display arrival/departure time on their booking website.

2 hours ago, Tin can said:

You might be right, especially with the line aimed at a slightly older demographic (I include myself in that) as this adds a bit of uncertainty to things.

It can't be for any operational reasons as Carnivals sailings in Europe display arrival/departure time on their booking website.

It is a Carnival UK decision as Cunard adopt the same policy.

15 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It is a Carnival UK decision as Cunard adopt the same policy.

Yes I noticed that, but oddly actual Carnival sailings from the UK don't, you are provided arrival and departure times.

It is what it is I guess, I've just got to accept that I'm spending almost £4k and I'm not entirely sure what I am getting with regards to time in port.

Thanks for all the replies – sounds like it's a deliberate (and very cynical) choice by P&O to me. I've not been on a cruise before so wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

I did check Cruise Mapper too and Iona is the only ship that doesn't have times listed! 🙄

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 11.59.02.png

2 minutes ago, SuddenSandwich said:

Thanks for all the replies – sounds like it's a deliberate (and very cynical) choice by P&O to me. I've not been on a cruise before so wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

I did check Cruise Mapper too and Iona is the only ship that doesn't have times listed! 🙄

The sites I posted earlier have all the cruise port timings for 1200 ports of call for all lines.

7 hours ago, SuddenSandwich said:

Non of my P&O cruises show times for P&O ships.