Live -- Sun Princess deck pictures

Esprit

We have now sat in three different areas of the deck 6 MDR. Every time I ask for my food to be hot it does indeed come to me very hot. The food and choices have also been better than I remember from our Regal Princess cruise two years ago.

IMG_8241.jpeg

• Like 4

Last night we wanted to ensure we got a seat for the 11 pm comedy show so sat down at 10 pm and watched the Cats String Duo from Ukraine. They were very good.

IMG_8283.jpeg

• Like 4

Then at 11 pm Ken Boyd came on. Unfortunately for us he repeated most of his material from the previous week. Just not so funny the second time around but others really enjoyed his performance.

IMG_8287.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 6:42 AM, Esprit said:

Found this fantastic old bar & restaurant called Storico Gran Caffe Gambrinus (est’ 1860)

Fantastic place!  Naples is one of our favorite Italian cities...

• Like 2

Day 14 of 14 - Sea day

I took these in case anyone was unsure. From the forward staircase to the atrium you have to pass the cabana deck cabins. Be mindful then when booking these. The walkway gets busy!

IMG_8274.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Whilst it’s a great location it seems to get warmer there than any other part of the restaurant. Last night it was particularly warm and the waiters were aware of this fact.

IMG_8281.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Whilst it’s a great location it seems to get warmer there than any other part of the restaurant. Last night it was particularly warm and the waiters were aware of this fact.

IMG_8281.jpeg

Warm and Close quarters, looks like a place I don't want to be.

Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

The International Cafe is on deck 9 too, but it offers I think far less than I remember on Regal Princess two years ago!

IMG_8278.jpeg

That makes me sad as I love a mocha latte and a multitude of breakfast treats in the early mornings in the IC before most people get up.

39 minutes ago, Jilliebean28 said:

That makes me sad as I love a mocha latte and a multitude of breakfast treats in the early mornings in the IC before most people get up.

Sorry. I should have said the coffee bar is right next to it around the corner. Gets very busy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

In case anyone was unsure of how you get the your chosen deck level. This is what you tap into. No buttons once inside!

IMG_8272.jpeg

No buttons inside? Pro-Kids cant push every floor without you seeing before you enter. Con-If I change my mind (or my wife does for me) I cant change my mind?

21 minutes ago, remarcm said:

No buttons inside? Pro-Kids cant push every floor without you seeing before you enter. Con-If I change my mind (or my wife does for me) I cant change my mind?

I personally really liked that system but we didn't change our minds once on board the car! That said, I did notice on a couple of the cars the electronic screen inside had a floor selection display. I don't know if it was a test or what as those screens were blank later in the cruise.

It was very nice that when a car arrived, not everyone rushed the door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remarcm said:

No you can’t 😂 Kids can’t either🙂

On 8/13/2024 at 12:10 PM, reedprincess said:

9, aft, around the outside of the Eatery aka buffet. 

Was a great place to get pizza or the same menu items they have at the big pool. Almost never a line there for food or the bar and was great around sunset times to sit and watch the sunset or sail aways before dinner. As close as you will get to a "sanctuary" type atmosphere with nice furniture and no crowds without paying for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Returned back to the U.K. yesterday without any issues. Disembarkation was swift and within minutes we had our cases loaded onto the airport transfer coach.

So my burning question to those who have been on the Sun or are due to go on it. Please tell me how to stop the night light coming on automatically in the bathroom?

Here’s a picture of the switches with what I thought was the sensor in the middle.

As you can see in the second, I attempted to tape over it, but it didn’t stop the flippin’ light coming on in the middle of every night I got up. 😩

IMG_8310.jpeg