Pre-Cruise comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

58 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Booked Aug. 14/24 for Nov. '25....final payment due on Aug. 25/25  (on my booking confirmation).  Perhaps a TA requires 120 days?  This is with Celebrity CVP.

That's great for you.   I booked onboard Millennium and was given a 120 day final payment date.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

That's great for you.   I booked onboard Millennium and was given a 120 day final payment date.  

Yikes.  Do you think it's because you booked onboard?  Maybe call Celebrity and ask why it should be different from other bookings?

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Yikes.  Do you think it's because you booked onboard?  Maybe call Celebrity and ask why it should be different from other bookings?

No need. It's Celebrity's official policy now . 

"As of January 30, 2024, Celebrity Cruises has revised the final payment dates for two categories of sailings. For cruises lasting 15 nights or more, excluding those to the Galapagos, the final payment will now be due 120 days before sailing, the former deadline was 90 days before sailing. "

Ours is a 16 (actually 17 because of the International Date Line) cruise. 

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No need. It's Celebrity's official policy now . 

"As of January 30, 2024, Celebrity Cruises has revised the final payment dates for two categories of sailings. For cruises lasting 15 nights or more, excluding those to the Galapagos, the final payment will now be due 120 days before sailing, the former deadline was 90 days before sailing. "

Ours is a 16 (actually 17 because of the International Date Line) cruise. 

I thought when you posted "All bookings on Celebrity made after 2/8/24 now have final payment at 120 days"...ALL meant ALL...including our B2B in Nov.

I did know that the longer cruises would be 120 days...not too many outside of crossings with 15 or longer.  Shouldn't have taken it for granted that yours would be.

Edited by Oceangoer2

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

All bookings on Celebrity made after 2/8/24 now have final payment at 120 days.  

Not sure how you received a 90 day final payment date if you just booked your cruise.

I just booked Celebrity with a 90 day final payment deadline and start of penalty phase. The cruise departs in 2025 from Boston and is 11 nights..

Edited by billc23

11 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I thought when you posted "All bookings on Celebrity made after 2/8/24 now have final payment at 120 days"...ALL meant ALL...including our B2B in Nov.

I did know that the longer cruises would be 120 days...not too many outside of crossings with 15 or longer.  Shouldn't have taken it for granted that yours would be.

Sorry for the confusion. I apologize.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, DaKahuna said:

All bookings on Celebrity made after 2/8/24 now have final payment at 120 days.  

Not sure how you received a 90 day final payment date if you just booked your cruise.

I booked a Silo 10-day cruise on 8/17 and FP is at 90 days. I think the 120 day FP is for cruises 15+ days . ????

Edit: I probably should have read the complete thread before responding. Seems issue has been clarified. Carry on !! 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2024 at 8:59 PM, bjahil47 said:

Wow!  I’m late to the party!  Just caught up and you have not even sailed yet!  Looking forward to you and Iians new adventure!  
Bonnie

Good seeing you Bonnie,

Not really active.   I was initially starting this thread to organize all I learn as I plan my first Oceania Cruise.   Should be fun.   I'll probably be firing up a Live post for the cruise itself. 

• Like 6

I was so happy to see this thread and follow along. @Jim_Iain Jim, I have loved reading your reviews in the past (on X boards). Your writing style and photos are awesome and I especially love how inclusive and positive you are with other posters. Eagerly awaiting reading about your onboard (and other) experiences!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MMG3 said:

I was so happy to see this thread and follow along. @Jim_Iain Jim, I have loved reading your reviews in the past (on X boards). Your writing style and photos are awesome and I especially love how inclusive and positive you are with other posters. Eagerly awaiting reading about your onboard (and other) experiences!!!

Thanks --- the count down is on.    We depart in 13 days.   Time is starting to fly by.  I have to run down an get a replacement suitcase early next week.    The wheel broke off our large suitcase on our last cruise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@JazzyV i should have said that i was happy to see you here.  Poor choice of words.

Terri

Terri, I've been following Jim and Iain's interesting travels for a few years. Also we were on a TA together last year.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 1

Cheated and went straight to the end 🤣.  I'll have to rewind a bunch of pages later and get caught up!  Looking fwd to reading details of your upcoming cruise.  Have no clue where/when you're going, other than it being with Oceana.

~Bernadette

• Like 1

Sorry haven't posted in awhile but things have been a bit crazy.   It is 1 1/2 weeks away from departure so we are kicking into gear.    I had to pick up a new suite case today as we had lost a wheel on it last cruise. 

Time is going to start to fly by quickly.

• Like 3

One difference between the two lines popped up this week.   This is something that is probably more apparent to cruisers that sail in upper suites.

Celebrity has a Shore side Concierge that reaches out to upper suite guest prior to the cruise and setup arrival time, pillow selection, specialty dining reservations, requests and special Celebration.  Not a great perk but it does make you feel pampered.

Celebrity reached out to me last week for our November 15 cruise.  

Iain asked how we specify the pillow selection and the six bottles of liquor choice.   I assume you just let the Butler know upon arrival.  

Not really a biggie and have to admit that often the requests from ShoreSide Concierge never make it to the staff.  

We really don't have many special requests and they do keep them on file in our profile but we usually ask for the following:

1.  Two ergonomic pillows

2.  Swap out the bubbly for Chardonnay

3.  2 bottles of Grey Goose

4.  Extension Cord

5.  Tea Kettle in addition to the Coffee Machine

6.   5-6 Dinner reservations at Specialty Restaurant

On 9/3/2024 at 1:34 PM, Ciaranaman said:

Cheated and went straight to the end 🤣.  I'll have to rewind a bunch of pages later and get caught up!  Looking fwd to reading details of your upcoming cruise.  Have no clue where/when you're going, other than it being with Oceania.

~Bernadette

No real rush.    I will probably start a different thread for a Live Post here and have a separate post on Celebrity Thread comparing the two lines.  

• Like 4

On 9/2/2024 at 8:26 PM, JazzyV said:

Just found this thread and got caught up. I'll happily follow along on your adventure, Jim.

Vanessa

Vanessa -   Really good to see you here.   I'm getting more excited every day to experience Oceania.   The members on this board have bee so helpful in answering all my "dumb" questions.

It is a little intimidating shifting a to a new line after 24 years of exclusively sailing Celebrity.   

Iain was kidding me today and asking what if we hate Oceania.    I said well I guess we will cancel our Vista Cruise in 2025...   He retorted -- no way.... I may never leave the Owner's Suite...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One difference between the two lines popped up this week.   This is something that is probably more apparent to cruisers that sail in upper suites.

Celebrity has a Shore side Concierge that reaches out to upper suite guest prior to the cruise and setup arrival time, pillow selection, specialty dining reservations, requests and special Celebration.  Not a great perk but it does make you feel pampered.

Celebrity reached out to me last week for our November 15 cruise.  

Iain asked how we specify the pillow selection and the six bottles of liquor choice.   I assume you just let the Butler know upon arrival.  

Not really a biggie and have to admit that often the requests from ShoreSide Concierge never make it to the staff.  

We really don't have many special requests and they do keep them on file in our profile but we usually ask for the following:

1.  Two ergonomic pillows

2.  Swap out the bubbly for Chardonnay

3.  2 bottles of Grey Goose

4.  Extension Cord

5.  Tea Kettle in addition to the Coffee Machine

6.   5-6 Dinner reservations at Specialty Restaurant

You can have your TA contact O and give them the above request and they will put them in your file so, hopefully, they will be in your suite upon arrival.  I know you can pre specify your 6 bottles, ask to have the bubbly replaced, etc easily.  We have excellent results on pre-cruise request....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, basor said:

You can have your TA contact O and give them the above request and they will put them in your file so, hopefully, they will be in your suite upon arrival.  I know you can pre specify your 6 bottles, ask to have the bubbly replaced, etc easily.  We have excellent results on pre-cruise request....

Good to hear.   Not really complaining but just pointing out the difference of a guest having to go to the effort as oppose to having a concierge reaching out to make sure all your wishes are in place.

Right or wrong,   I would just expect that  a more premium line should be reaching out to their top Suite guests.   I personally put Oceania in the more premium category while I fell Celebrity has fallen into the Mainline Category.

Where do you find the list of drink and wine offerings, or do you also have to request that.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to hear.   Not really complaining but just pointing out the difference of a guest having to go to the effort as oppose to having a concierge reaching out to make sure all your wishes are in place.

Right or wrong,   I would just expect that  a more premium line should be reaching out to their top Suite guests.   I personally put Oceania in the more premium category while I fell Celebrity has fallen into the Mainline Category.

Where do you find the list of drink and wine offerings, or do you also have to request that.

I have heard from others that have stayed in a suite, were contacted by concierge prior to embarkation.  You might check with @Sthrngary who sailed in a suite for the first time on O a few months ago.  He gave a comprehensive review of his experience.   I found this list for you 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1002906&key=3f93a9757c12fd02f46cb49ffe5db185. Hope this helps....I would think your TA would be happy to assist you with all of this.