Icon Reservations and timing

Hi all,

We are going ton Icon later this year and have some friends going in mid-October.  A few questions regarding reservations:

-Do reservations go live at 12am midnight on the 1st of the month for the next month?  For example, will reservations go live at 9/1 12am for an October cruise?

-What can we make reservations for?  Which shoes besides Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland and the comedy show?

-Is there a way to see what nights the other activities are scheduled for so we can plan accordingly for the shows?

-Is this when check in timeslots also open?

Do reservations go very quickly?  Do you recommend being on at midnight / the day the go live?

Also, are we able to make My Time dining reservations on Icon?  If so, do those also go live then, or are those dining times open earlier?

Thank you very much.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Is there a way to see what nights the other activities are scheduled for so we can plan accordingly for the shows?

Yes, set the app to the current sailing (not yours). 
Availability of shows varies. 

Edited by Biker19

If your friend is cruising in October his reservations might already be live. All 4 of my oct bookings I could book shows for a week or so ago. There is not a set time for show reservations. I join a roll call and when they go live people will be posting they are live and I see and run and book too. Had I waited until sept 1st the shows will mostly be sold out.

1 or 2 months before, just gotta watch. Or icon I think was even closer to sailing.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Does anyone have any additional info as to when entertainment reservations generally go live and what shows on the icon we are able to make reservations for?

Sometime inside final payment those shows should become bookable, Setting the app to the current sailing should list all the shows.

Edited by Biker19

Does my time dining and show reservations ever open prior to 30 days?

Someone mentioned the 1st of each month prior to the month before sailing, and someone else mentioned the option opens after final payment is due which is 75-90 days out. 

7 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

MTD could be available at anytime after you book, even one year + out. Shows are sometime inside final payment. 

8 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Someone mentioned the 1st of each month prior to the month before sailing, and someone else mentioned the option opens after final payment is due which is 75-90 days out. 

Royal has been playing with when reservations are available for what.  I would be watching for entertainment now.  As for My Time, I have had reservations for a Feb cruise booked for a while but again each ship can vary.