Celebrity Drinks and WiFi Costs

Tomrio

Can anyone let me know the current cost for classic and premium drink packages and WIFI on Celebrity for a 6 night cruise?  I'm trying to decide if it's better for us to buy cruise only and pay for drinks and WIFI on the ship.  We're not big drinkers and we don't intend to be using WIFI much on a daily basis.  It seems to me that the cruise only option would be a better choice.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)

The current cost of these bundles are always a moving target. There are often sales and other promotions.  You can try doing a couple of Mock bookings with and without the package to see what today’s price is. What cruise are you looking at?

Edited by cruisestitch

Since booking our cruise we have seen discounts between 15% and 40%, 35% on drinks has been almost permanent.  It is offered for a few days, then is withdrawn for maybe a day before being offered again.

However even at 40% discount you are paying up front for a minimum of about 4 drinks a day if you buy the most expensive drinks available.  If you only intend buying a few drinks at $4-10 (including coffees and sodas) it probably isn't good value,

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Tomrio said:

We're not big drinkers and we don't intend to be using WIFI much on a daily basis.  It seems to me that the cruise only option would be a better choice. 

Regarding the beverage packages, this is not an exact reference but the general guideline for their breakeven is 6-7 drinks per person per day, including port days.  Base your anticipated consumption around that to determine the package value.  Depending on that a la carte purchases can be a better value.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I've seen the WiFi price vary from $13.99 per device per day (pdpd) to $29.99 pdpd.

I've seen the Premium Beverage Package priced at $49.99 per person per day to $105 pppd.

You have to keep an eye out for a good flash sale for your particular cruise.  The price is constantly changing.  If you find a good price book it.  If a better price comes along you can always cancel and rebook at the better price.

15 hours ago, Tomrio said:

Can anyone let me know the current cost for classic and premium drink packages and WIFI on Celebrity for a 6 night cruise?  I'm trying to decide if it's better for us to buy cruise only and pay for drinks and WIFI on the ship.  We're not big drinkers and we don't intend to be using WIFI much on a daily basis.  It seems to me that the cruise only option would be a better choice.  Thanks.

Right now my 4 night cruise on Reflection is showing

$75.99 for the Classic which has been as low as $57.99 during a sale

$21.99 for basic WiFi per guest per day. I don't recall the sale price.

When I subtracted the basic price from the AI price and divided by 4 it came to $51 per person per day for both the Classic drink package and the wifi. I booked the AI and later upgraded to the premium drink package for $8.99 a per person per day with the OBC I have.

Just a side note, it is very important to ignore the percentage off any package and only look at what the package would actually cost.  Sometimes, they will change the base price so a "X%" off sale will not actually be a lower cost.  

Just remember, you can always buy it.  Take note of what you paid and if it goes on sell for a lower price, cancel your original for a rebate and buy at the lower price.