Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

34 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m gotta tell you. If nothing else, RC wins HANDS DOWN in their drinks! I’m never truly drunk at sailaway on any line. Until today. Yup. Check that off the list!

Hmmm sounds like you may need some adult supervision to stay out of trouble! 🙂

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

OK I need input from RC cruisers here. I always sail with the drink package and sample all the cocktails. On every other line, I would say alcohol content is low as I can drink all day and not feel drunk. After 3 on this ship, I was buzzed. I’m now on 5. Definitely drunk. Do they just add more alcohol? Or actually make the drinks as they should be made?

The heavy pours might be the result of those $1 tips. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

OK I need input from RC cruisers here. I always sail with the drink package and sample all the cocktails. On every other line, I would say alcohol content is low as I can drink all day and not feel drunk. After 3 on this ship, I was buzzed. I’m now on 5. Definitely drunk. Do they just add more alcohol? Or actually make the drinks as they should be made?

The last 4 or 5 cruises, we haven’t found any heavy pours, and we usually throw down some $1 every time.  

If I do find a bartender with a decent pour, they usually become my go to place.  

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The last 4 or 5 cruises, we haven’t found any heavy pours, and we usually throw down some $1 every time.  

If I do find a bartender with a decent pour, they usually become my go to place.  

Same. We’ll be cruising on Harmony for the first time in two weeks so I am both excited and encouraged to hear that OP is already having a REALLY good time! Following along to see which bars/bartenders we might want to visit! 

Catch up…

Sailaway- 4/10. C’mon RC. A ship this size needs a sailaway bigger than a postage stamp. I started the Cupid Shuffle and it was interrupted with a long, extended mix version of Wobble. Ugh. Macarena was next, followed by some random song that the cruise crew demonstrated moves for. Then they had some freestyle stuff (the only reason this scored a 4 rather than a 0) and boy, some of our fellow passengers are TALENTED!

RC - where is the Cha Cha Slide (one hop this time) ???

Not overly impressed with this sailaway!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bjlbbk said:

Same. We’ll be cruising on Harmony for the first time in two weeks so I am both excited and encouraged to hear that OP is already having a REALLY good time! Following along to see which bars/bartenders we might want to visit! 

I would say also she had a couple ice teas which have a lot in them and idk but maybe the painkiller did too? It could be the drinks chosen too. Maybe she found her kids and they got some food into her.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would say also she had a couple ice teas which have a lot in them and idk but maybe the painkiller did too? It could be the drinks chosen too. Maybe she found her kids and they got some food into her.

Yes, I had drinks. But on other lines 5 or more “cocktails “ are so watered down that you’re lucky to even get a buzz. I was praising RC for the fact that their drinks actually felt like drinks 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would say also she had a couple ice teas which have a lot in them and idk but maybe the painkiller did too? It could be the drinks chosen too. 

Good point! I’ve never had a Texas Iced Tea but might have to give it a try. 😊

• Like 2

My reservation for my time dining have disappeared. For some reason , they have me down as 8:30 dining according to my cruise card. Nope. I had a confirmation of 6:30 my time for tonight so we headed down. It was nuts down there.

Needless to say, they couldn’t find the reservation but my OCD had me screen shot my reservation, so I showed it to them and they sat us. Not sure how this plays out for the rest of the week?

IMG_4620.jpeg

IMG_4621.jpeg

IMG_4622.jpeg

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Catch up…

Sailaway- 4/10. C’mon RC. A ship this size needs a sailaway bigger than a postage stamp. I started the Cupid Shuffle and it was interrupted with a long, extended mix version of Wobble. Ugh. Macarena was next, followed by some random song that the cruise crew demonstrated moves for. Then they had some freestyle stuff (the only reason this scored a 4 rather than a 0) and boy, some of our fellow passengers are TALENTED!

I haven't attended a sailaway party in a very long time.   Guess I'll have to check it out again on my next cruise in January.  

23 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Catch up…

Clearly old. Cupid Slide?  Wobble??  I wobble if I drink too much.  Does that count? Or 6/7 drinks in, maybe that’s what you meant???

Edited by poocher
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

My reservation for my time dining have disappeared. For some reason , they have me down as 8:30 dining according to my cruise card. Nope. I had a confirmation of 6:30 my time for tonight so we headed down. It was nuts down there.

Needless to say, they couldn’t find the reservation but my OCD had me screen shot my reservation, so I showed it to them and they sat us. Not sure how this plays out for the rest of the week?

IMG_4620.jpeg

IMG_4621.jpeg

IMG_4622.jpeg

Yup night 1 is always chaotic.   We always check our dining reservation right after boarding.   

We prefer traditional dining with the first seating of 5 or 5:30 pm.     This way we can go right to our table without waiting in any line. 

No point of ruining your buzz waiting in a line😉

In the morning you may want to go to dining room and ask about your future reservations.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup night 1 is always chaotic.   We always check our dining reservation right after boarding.   

We prefer traditional dining with the first seating of 5 or 5:30 pm.     This way we can go right to our table without waiting in any line.

We have had great luck doing this with MTD (twice on Harmony).  I reserve the same time each night & head to MDR as soon as we board.  I smile & say well I’m just gonna pick out a table/area & if you can try to seat us there 😉.  So far it’s always worked & we get the same table each night.  After night 2 they just wave us in.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

We have had great luck doing this with MTD (twice on Harmony).  I reserve the same time each night & head to MDR as soon as we board.  I smile & say well I’m just gonna pick out a table/area & if you can try to seat us there 😉.  So far it’s always worked & we get the same table each night.  After night 2 they just wave us in.

But I do not want the same time every night…which is why I chose my time dining

• Like 7

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

But I do not want the same time every night…which is why I chose my time dining

And that’s absolutely valid but there will be more waiting & probably a different table & waitstaff every night.  We use MTD because early seating is too early and late is too late.   I can choose 6:45-7 every night which is when we normally have dinner at home.

34 minutes ago, poocher said:

Clearly old. Cupid Slide?  Wobble??  I wobble if I drink too much.  Does that count? Or 6/7 drinks in, maybe that’s what you meant???

I'm old and I still love the electric slide and all these others, though my wobble baby wobble baby isnt one I'm good at.

OP enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve never heard of the Cupid Slide or the Wobble 🤷‍♀️  Sounds like something my grandkids did at the 5th grade dances I used to chaperone.

Edited by poocher

46 minutes ago, poocher said:

And that’s absolutely valid but there will be more waiting & probably a different table & waitstaff every night.  We use MTD because early seating is too early and late is too late.   I can choose 6:45-7 every night which is when we normally have dinner at home.

So is my time dining not just that you reserve for the times you want? That’s what I did. I had reservations confirmed for each night at the time I wanted. Today those disappeared and my card says 8:30? I’m confused?

• Like 2

After the snafu of actually getting into the dining room, we did get a table around 6:45 (reservation was 6:30). The dining room head poobah came by several times to check in - I asked how to confirm this mix up wouldn’t happen every night and he looked like a deer 🦌 in the headlights! Told us to check in at the front…which was absolutely slammed!

Anyways… service was great and fast! DS and I loved everything. DD struck out. Her ceasar salad had no dressing at all and her steak was so salty it was almost inedible. 

IMG_4623.jpeg

IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4627.jpeg

IMG_4628.jpeg

IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg

IMG_4631.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

So is my time dining not just that you reserve for the times you want? That’s what I did. I had reservations confirmed for each night at the time I wanted. Today those disappeared and my card says 8:30? I’m confused?

Nope, you don’t have to make reservations at all. But you will wait a bit longer.

There are two lines, one for people that have reservations and one for people that don't.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not how it’s supposed to work.  So is it MTD with an 8:30 time selected or Late Traditional Dining?  If you are so inclined, I’d speak to the Maitre’d & see if you can get the times you originally booked back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

After the snafu of actually getting into the dining room, we did get a table around 6:45 (reservation was 6:30). The dining room head poobah came by several times to check in - I asked how to confirm this mix up wouldn’t happen every night and he looked like a deer 🦌 in the headlights! Told us to check in at the front…which was absolutely slammed!

Anyways… service was great and fast! DS and I loved everything. DD struck out. Her ceasar salad had no dressing at all and her steak was so salty it was almost inedible. 

IMG_4623.jpeg

IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4627.jpeg

IMG_4628.jpeg

IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg

IMG_4631.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

We’ve always found the steak to be hit or miss and frankly mostly miss.  If I can make a recommendation for tomorrow night, I absolutely love the beef bourguignon. I mean like lick the plate can I have more good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, poocher said:

We’ve always found the steak to be hit or miss and frankly mostly miss.  If I can make a recommendation for tomorrow night, I absolutely love the beef bourguignon. I mean like lick the plate can I have more good.

No idea! My card says 8:30 deck 3 table 385. Which implies same time and table each night. Except I don’t want that. At all. I selected MTD and then made reservations for different times each night to fit in with our plans.

• Like 2