Fun question..... :)

Do you ever do any "special" fingernail colors or designs you do when you cruise to cold places like Alaska? I always do bright summer colors for the tropics obviously, but have never cruised somewhere cold before, so I have been trying to think of what color I want my nails to be in 2 weeks when we cruise to Alaska.  I keep trying to play off "Icy Strait." HA!  Would love to see any photos if you have them of your nails to cold weather ports! 🙂

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'd go with white so the polar bears won't see you coming.

HA! Actually, that is my boyfriend's color of choice year 'round, but I was wanting something different.  Plus, I always go with dark colors in the Fall months anyway (much to his chagrin) but wanted to do something different and fun other than White. 🙂

1 minute ago, keesar said:

When we were there in late August, the temperatures were in the mid to upper 70's.  I don't consider that cold.

No, that is perfect weather.  However, the temps there are already in the 50's and 40's and we are going the second week of September.

Two polar bears ganged up on a worker at a remote radar site up in N Canada about a week ago.

If you're not going with white, at least avoid any shore excursions to radar sites where you have to leave the bus.

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I personally would if going for a solid colour do like a light blue (so I guess icy) could even get some glitter on for sparkle

Yes, I thought about that too - maybe a light blue with a chrome overlay.  However, I hadn't thought about glitter for sparkle! I like that idea too! 🙂

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Two polar bears ganged up on a worker at a remote radar site up in N Canada about a week ago.

If you're not going with white, at least avoid any shore excursions to radar sites where you have to leave the bus.

🫣

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I rarely color my nails, and when I do, it’s something exotic. 🙂

Unfortunately, I have to for both my job as well as keeping them from breaking down to the quick. I only do dip powder or acrylics in order to keep them strong. Exotic sounds fun for sure! 🙂

55 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I rarely color my nails, and when I do, it’s something exotic. 🙂

I did do mine with Cabot Australian Timber Oil recently.  Pick your color carefully.  It's hard to get off.

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

I did do mine with Cabot Australian Timber Oil recently.  Pick your color carefully.  It's hard to get off.

Have you tried some WD-40?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Maybe do an overall ice blue (possibly with shimmer), with a silver accent nail? 

I LOVE that idea too!! I knew I could get some great ideas on this board! Thank you!! 🙂