Recommendation for Hotel with shuttle to Princess Cruise Docks?

Smokeyham

Hello,

Looking for recommendations for a hotel that provides a shuttle service to the docks where Princess cruises depart from.  This will be for a Princess Panama Canal cruise in January, 2025.

Thanks for any ideas.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

What port?  What city?  Miami?  Fort Lauderdale?

Does Princess sail from Miami? We've only ever sailed from PE with Princess.

To the OP, the best hotel area for Port Everglades is 17th Street, easily found on Google Maps. Most, though not all, Princess ships sail from Terminal 2 off Eisenhower Blvd. Hotels include the Hyatt Place, Renaissance and Hilton Marina, the Embassy Suites is not well regarded here on CC though is apparently undergoing renovations. The HP and Renaissance have shuttles at modest cost, can't speak to the Hilton as we've never stayed there. Uber or taxi would be easier than a hotel shuttle though.

Port Everglades has a large number of terminals (see www.porteverglades.net for a map) some dedicated to specific cruise lines and others used by multiple lines.  The main Princess terminal is #2 but if there is more than one Princess ship in port on the same day, the newest ship is generally assigned to terminal #2 and the other ship(s) to terminal 21 or 29.  The ship schedule is posted on the website a week in advance.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

Port Everglades has a large number of terminals (see www.porteverglades.net for a map) some dedicated to specific cruise lines and others used by multiple lines.  The main Princess terminal is #2 but if there is more than one Princess ship in port on the same day, the newest ship is generally assigned to terminal #2 and the other ship(s) to terminal 21 or 29.  The ship schedule is posted on the website a week in advance.

The PE schedule on the website actually goes out a lot farther out than a week. The default view is about 7 days, but using the admittedly pretty obtuse Query function, you can search out months in advance. Our next sailing is on the Sun in October and that one is shown as being at the expected Terminal 2 on October 19

Notice the OP hasn't come back and clarified the port? Its possible they could only be asking about PE (and there are tons of threads about hotels and transport in Ft Lauderdale, and PE), but not coming back and clarifying?

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

The default view is about 7 days, but using the admittedly pretty obtuse Query function, you can search out months in advance. 

OP - I just went on line to query my January Princess cruise departure and here are the steps:

• www.porteverglades.net or https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/
  • click 'query' in the top right corner of the schedule
  • insert vessel name
  • chose query option ("show all" if far in advance)
  • chose date range

It returned no information for my cruise so January is too far out. Changing the date parameters it returned information for October but not November so it looks like it goes about 2 months out.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, capriccio said:

OP - I just went on line to query my January Princess cruise departure and here are the steps:

• www.porteverglades.net or https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/
  • click 'query' in the top right corner of the schedule
  • insert vessel name
  • chose query option ("show all" if far in advance)
  • chose date range

It returned no information for my cruise so January is too far out. Changing the date parameters it returned information for October but not November so it looks like it goes about 2 months out.  

I am trying to find the terminal for Enchanted princess on Jan 19, 2025 PE. All I get is a blank, nothing found.

56 minutes ago, phantomII said:

I am trying to find the terminal for Enchanted princess on Jan 19, 2025 PE. All I get is a blank, nothing found.

As I noted, I think the date is available about 2 months in advance. If the Sun Princess is in port on the 19th it will be at terminal 2 and Enchanted will probably be at terminal 21. If not, the Enchanted will be at terminal 2.  Since terminal 2 is dedicated to Princess the newest ship in port that day docks there.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

As I noted, I think the date is available about 2 months in advance. If the Sun Princess is in port on the 19th it will be at terminal 2 and Enchanted will probably be at terminal 21. If not, the Enchanted will be at terminal 2.  Since terminal 2 is dedicated to Princess the newest ship in port that day docks there.

The Sky is the other ship. So who gets terminal 2?

15 minutes ago, phantomII said:

The Sky is the other ship. So who gets terminal 2?

Don’t know.  Are they both doing 7 day cruises? Or is one doing a longer?  Sometimes that can make a difference because they would schedule the 7 day cruise to return and depart from the same terminal. Is there a reason you can’t wait until November to find out?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantomII said:

As near as I can tell, there's an issue right now with the PE search engine, as it only wants to show past sailings when I use the query function, and that usually shows sailings months into the future. Looking at the Princess site, there are two ships leaving PE on Jan 19, the Enchanted and the Sky. The general rule is that the newer/bigger ship gets Terminal 2 while the other one gets the other pier (Pier 21 possibly?). Problem is, the Sky and the Enchanted are sister ships and very similar in size, so it's hard to know which one will get which pier. The Enchanted is a bit younger than the Sky, so on that basis alone, it would get T2. Best to wait until the PE port query engine comes back on line, as it should properly show which ship is scheduled into which terminal on that date.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OP Here......

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks to everyone who provided input!

We decided on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (1881 SE 17th Street Fort Lauderdale) which seems close to the likely terminal for our cruise.  As has also been noted, just taking an Uber might be the simplest way to do the transfer.

We especially liked that this hotel had some rooms overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway.

8 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

OP Here......

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks to everyone who provided input!

We decided on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (1881 SE 17th Street Fort Lauderdale) which seems close to the likely terminal for our cruise.  As has also been noted, just taking an Uber might be the simplest way to do the transfer.

We especially liked that this hotel had some rooms overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway.

If you are spending more than one night pre-cruise or arriving early the day before the cruise, the water taxi has a stop at the Hilton Marina.  You can use it for transportation to downtown (Las Olas Blvd) Fort Lauderdale and/or as a sightseeing excursion since the captains narrate the ride.  See www.watertaxi.com.