Sun Princess taking wine on board

seahorse001

Apologies if this has been asked before

Does anyone know how many bottles of wine (I know it's 1 but some said it's 2)/ cans/bottles of soda/fizzy & water you can take on board sun Princess?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Wine.

1 x 750ml per adult, no charge for use in the cabin. If brought to a public area these bottles are subject to the $20/bottle corkage fee.

Additional bottles , no specific limits, can be carried on board. These bottles are subject to the $20/bottle corkage fee when boarding, are marked, and can be used in public areas such as the DR.

Sodas, juices, other. 12 cans or cartons per person, 12 ozs or less. No bottles. No plastics.

Review para 5 in the contract:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/legal/passage-contract/plc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Wine.

1 x 750ml per adult, no charge for use in the cabin. If brought to a public area these bottles are subject to the $20/bottle corkage fee.

Additional bottles , no specific limits, can be carried on board. These bottles are subject to the $20/bottle corkage fee when boarding, are marked, and can be used in public areas such as the DR.

Sodas, juices, other. 12 cans or cartons per person, 12 ozs or less. No bottles. No plastics.

Review para 5 in the contract:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/legal/passage-contract/plc

The real question is... are these rules enforced? My experience on other Princess ships is that they are not enforced at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

The real question is... are these rules enforced? My experience on other Princess ships is that they are not enforced at all.

the answer is - you should be prepared if they are ...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they are strict on the 1 bottle of wine at Southampton?  We got away with 2 bottles each in Fort Lauderdale back in 2022, but think that was unusual.  We love to have a glass (or two) of wine on the balcony in the evening.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Teechur said:

They are consistent at being inconsistent!  However, they are more likely to enforce the two bottle rule per couple at embarkation.  Not so much when returning from ports. 🍷🍷+ 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

In my experience, even if there is no corkage collection table at the port of departure, the corkage fee is added most of the time at dinner. Obviously if the bottle is consumed in the cabin it would not be assessed the fee. 

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

the answer is - you should be prepared if they are ...

No, when they tell you to hand them in at the desk just ignore the request and walk on by

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

In my experience, even if there is no corkage collection table at the port of departure, the corkage fee is added most of the time at dinner. Obviously if the bottle is consumed in the cabin it would not be assessed the fee. 

That has never happened to us at dinner. We bring a bottle with the cork already pulled, and the waiters serve us without incurring a fee. We always tip them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To the OP,  you probably each can bring 2 bottles on board with your carryon luggage.  Other times no

At ports about half the time was told welcome aboard on returning to the ship with liquor or wine.  Taken from us and stored on the others.

We don't take wine brought on board to the MDRs

No rhyme or reason.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

13 hours ago, Teechur said:

That has never happened to us at dinner. We bring a bottle with the cork already pulled, and the waiters serve us without incurring a fee. We always tip them.

Potato-Potahto. I’d rather pay the corkage fee to Princess so that they don’t change their generous “no limit” wine allowance. Eventually, if enough people skirt the corkage fee, Princess will revert to a wine allowance policy that more closely resembles the other mass market cruise lines. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

To the OP,  you probably each can bring 2 bottles on board with your carryon luggage.  Other times no

At ports about half the time was told welcome aboard on returning to the ship with liquor or wine.  Taken from us and stored on the others.

We don't take wine brought on board to the MDRs

No rhyme or reason.

Wine is - or at least should be - treated differently than spirit alcohol.  Wine is allowed to remain with the guest and either assess corkage fee at boarding point desk or when brought to a DR.

We just returned from a cruise that hit a few stops in Spain and Portugal and we laughed because there was always “the loneliest Princess employee”.  The guy at the folding table responsible for logging confiscated bottles.  I have never had a bottle of wine confiscated when coming back from port. Usually my husband will put one in his backpack and I will put one in mine. Many of the ports had the xray machines in the port terminal (rather than at the ship entrance) in which case Princess has no idea what is in your bags.