Private car service between Athens & Pireaus port

LinInDel

We are staying in a hotel in Athens before and after our cruise, round trip out of Pireaus. Any suggestions for a reliable car service we can hire to take us from the hotel to the pier and back again? Normally I'd ask the hotel to organize this, but I've contacted the hotel twice and gotten no reply. We are seniors with heavy luggage so we want to use private transportation directly to/from our hotel. There will be 4 of us. Thanks!

57 minutes ago, LinInDel said:

We are staying in a hotel in Athens before and after our cruise, round trip out of Pireaus. Any suggestions for a reliable car service we can hire to take us from the hotel to the pier and back again? Normally I'd ask the hotel to organize this, but I've contacted the hotel twice and gotten no reply. We are seniors with heavy luggage so we want to use private transportation directly to/from our hotel. There will be 4 of us

https://www.georgestaxi.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinInDel said:

Any suggestions for a reliable car service we can hire to take us from the hotel to the pier and back again? Normally I'd ask the hotel to organize this, but I've contacted the hotel twice and gotten no reply.

We use an app called Blacklane extensively through Italy and Greece and have always had great experiences. They work with the top private companies in town-- all payment is done through the app and things like gratuity is included. You also don't pay the high commissions booking it through your hotel would involve. 

You can select Mercedes E Class, S Class, or a larger Merc van. The E Class option was only 68 Euro from central Athens to the port which I thought was very reasonable especially since it included taxes and gratuity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinInDel said:

Thank you both! Georges only does transfers from Pireaus to downtown Athens, not the other way. I've asked PK for a quote.

I think if you do more than one transfer they will. Just not a single transfer. Send them a message online.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I used a service called "Welcome Pickups" to schedule transits from airport to hotel, to port and then back again afterwards. Everything went smoothly even with the Athens taxi strike last Monday. Though they are an international company it was easy to contact the local drivers via their app or directly by phone. They sent frequent updates on the day of the transfer and were prompt with clean cars (or vans). The drivers were friendly and spoke good English. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 9:08 AM, LinInDel said:

Thank you both! Georges only does transfers from Pireaus to downtown Athens, not the other way. I've asked PK for a quote.

They will do both.  They just will not do the one way alone.  

Per the website:

• We do NOT accept stand-alone bookings from your accommodation TO the Athens airport/port but only as a package with airport/port pick up.
  • Like 1

You can always get two taxis... or get your hotel to set it up.  The concierges are happy to do things like that. 

Would be cheaper than getting a car service I think.

Edited by Hambagahle

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Not sure what is wrong with getting a normal taxi at the hotel or at the dock ?  We have certainly taken nothing but normal taxis in Athens for the last 55 years or so.   

While normally this would be fine, it would have been problematic last Monday (the 9th). All of the Athens taxi drivers went on strike for the day. 

Edited by EtaC