MILITARY DISC PROCEDURE

shakeNbake

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I had my travel agent send a copy of my dd214

Thanks for your reply, the info my TA sent looks like only active or retired.                                      Does my DD-214 apply then?

1 minute ago, shakeNbake said:

Thanks for your reply, the info my TA sent looks like only active or retired.                                      Does my DD-214 apply then?

Yes, active duty or retired. I send photo's of my retired ID card. 

2 minutes ago, shakeNbake said:

I just served for 2 years over 50 years ago and I had no problem and they keep that info , I didn’t need to send it again when I booked my current reservation.

Posted (edited)

Send email with a copy of your DD214 to: mscpromoverification@msccruisesusa.com

Included your confirmation number in your e-mail.  You have up to 48 hours after initial booking to submit proof of military service.  Active, retired, and honorably discharged are all eligible.

This must be done every time you book in order to get the 10% discount and it cannot be stacked with other discounts.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just a note when and if one decides to book on board a future cruise. The military/civil servant discount of 10% is not combinable with any promotions. The promotion right now for everyone on board is 5% +5% off which is just as good as the 10% mil/civ discount. (difference is $2.50 per $1000). So the mil/civ 10% is good for first timers not yet having sailed MSC. The real draw is the additional OBC and the one year option to move no penalty.

Additionally ,I 'heard' a rumor that MSC is extending this 10% discount to any senior over 65? on every cruise offered on European MSC sites ?

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, George C said:

I didn’t need to send it again when I booked my current reservation

Interesting. We’ve had to send it in every time. MSC sure can be Consistently inconsistent!  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

Just email them the DD214 and include your booking number.  It is 5% for interior and OV and 10% above.  It is not combinable so the 5% they give everyone with the Voyages Club will be a wash on the lower category cabins.

For Canadians a NDI 75 card works. I used mine and get the reduction every cruise.  If you cruise NCL as well they just opened a portal for Canadian servicemen/vets to register for a 10% discount as well.

• Like 1

The 10% isn't stackable, you may loose other promotions and when you email the address they don't contact you or tell you that you may end up paying more or lose any OBC you had from a promotion when claiming the discount.  

I am taking my DIL on a cruise and her husband (my son) is active duty Coast Guard and we will be sharing the same cabin.  Since I am paying (MIL) does anyone know if I can book using Military Discount.

Many thanks!

Karen