About to book 3-day Allure. Questions/comparison to Disney/Princess

Howdy!

Tonight we’re going to book a 3-day Bahamas on the Allure for October. 4 adults, connecting staterooms. 

I’ve sailed RCCL but not since 2014.

Questions:

Is there anything fancy a travel agent can get me? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth finding one when I think I can handle the booking on my own. 

Current deal is $600 off and second passenger 60% off. Last week I know it was $500 off. The cruise is less than 60 days out. Is Labor Day a big sale day? Or not enough to merit risking losing staterooms of my choice?

We had a great time in 2014. Any reason to believe the quality has decreased since? Not sure how it faired after Covid. 

We cruised on Disney and Princess in the last year and ordering dinner was so flexible. Wanted two entrees? Great! Wanted one of each appetizer for the whole table (or yourself)? Fine! Kiddo wanted to order things that weren’t even on the menu but had been the night before? You bet. Would the Allure be like this too or is it “thou shall not deviate from thy menu!”

Do you even have dedicated servers anymore in MDR? And if so, is there anyone on the Allure you’d suggest for a table of 4 40-year old, drunk, nerdy, women that we could request?

and any other Allure tips!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aurianna said:

Current deal is $600 off and second passenger 60% off. Last week I know it was $500 off.

Realize that no one pays the price before discounts, even if they wanted. Those starting prices are simply made up. Buy when you see value, don’t pay attention to $/% off. Look at a site like cruiseplum to see the pricing trend. Also, the GGG flier comes out mid week for sales that Thu/Fri - some Allure sailings may be on it. 

There’s some flexibility in the MDR though you may not get two entrees delivered at once. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Book it now to lock in your cabin choice. If you see a price drop in your category before final payment a quick call to Royal will get you repriced. You get the same servers and same table ever night with Traditional late or early seating. Good chance you you can keep your servers and table with MTD, which now starts at 6:45. You have thirty days to roll your reservation over to a TA and pick up their perks. Allure is still awesome.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Realize that no one pays the price before discounts, even if they wanted. Those starting prices are simply made up. Buy when you see value, don’t pay attention to $/% off. Look at a site like cruiseplum to see the pricing trend. Also, the GGG flier comes out mid week for sales that Thu/Fri - some Allure sailings may be on it. 

There’s some flexibility in the MDR though you may not get two entrees delivered at once. 

Plus those promotions don't always apply to all cruises or even cabin types. You really just need to add stuff to your watchlist and use that as a baseline.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Book it now to lock in your cabin choice. If you see a price drop in your category before final payment a quick call to Royal will get you repriced. [snip]. You have thirty days to roll your reservation over to a TA and pick up their perks. 

Any 3 night cruise booked today for October will be within final payment (75 days prior to sailing).  So, no price adjustments and no transferring to a TA.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Any 3 night cruise booked today for October will be within final payment (75 days prior to sailing).  So, no price adjustments and no transferring to a TA.

I was thinking that too. I booked a ov inside final payment and the balconys and suites were sold out. Nothing to upgrade to and prices dropped like a rock within 3 days. Booking within final payment you are stuck once you book. Few cabins may be left. 

Cant even pick the earliest boarding time for first week in oct, past the 45 day check in now too.

55 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was thinking that too. I booked a ov inside final payment and the balconys and suites were sold out. Nothing to upgrade to and prices dropped like a rock within 3 days. Booking within final payment you are stuck once you book. Few cabins may be left. 

Cant even pick the earliest boarding time for first week in oct, past the 45 day check in now too.

They give you 24 hours to cancel and 48 hours to re-price if booked within final payment. At least that was the rule in July when I booked a last minute allure sailing. 

8 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

They give you 24 hours to cancel and 48 hours to re-price if booked within final payment. At least that was the rule in July when I booked a last minute allure sailing. 

As I posted above mine dropped like a rock 3 days later.

There was a period when Royal wanted passengers to finish one entry before ordering another, but not anymore. You can order only one lobster tail for free. Second will cost you $16.99.

However Allure offers so much more with water show and other entertainment. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

As I posted above mine dropped like a rock 3 days later.

I know you couldn't do it because it was over the 48 hours, but I was commenting on the part where you made the statement that no price drops can be gotten, which isn't entirely accurate. You can get a price drop within 48 hours.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I know you couldn't do it because it was over the 48 hours, but I was commenting on the part where you made the statement that no price drops can be gotten, which isn't entirely accurate. You can get a price drop within 48 hours.

And what I meant is if you book last minute go in with the idea the price is the price. Dont beat yourself up if you missed the best price. 

• Like 1