Got the new Premier package- how to get rid of the $10 medallion shipping charge?

ccheng6401

Is there any trick to remove the $10 medallion shipping charge from the Princess app? I read that we need to pay it first and then get the OBC onboard. This seems cumbersome and so much hassle. I wonder if there is a way to avoid paying it at all when ordering?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Is there any trick to remove the $10 medallion shipping charge from the Princess app? I read that we need to pay it first and then get the OBC onboard. This seems cumbersome and so much hassle. I wonder if there is a way to avoid paying it at all when ordering?  Thanks.

Try chat?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Maybe they're hoping you'll forget about it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Is the app trying to charge you the $10 after you purchased Premier package, or did you order the medallions before upgrading to Premier?

If it’s the first one, try signing out of the app, turn off your device and sign back in.  I’ve never paid for the medallions if I’ve already had a package before ordering them.  It has always shown a $0 charge.
If you paid for medallions, then upgraded you should be able to get OBC refund onboard.

• Like 2

FWIW - I was not charged the $10 shipping when I ordered through the app after purchasing the new Premier (not have I ever been charged in the past with Plus, or the "old" Premier).   It shows the $10 and when I get to check-out, it's zero.

For this next sailing, with the new Premier, I had not previously ordered the medallions for pickup or delivery as I wasn't going to buy a package til aboard - but with the new package, I bought in advance and 2 days later did my medallion order and voila - zero $$$.  App correctly displayed that I had Premier and shipping, zero. Restaurant reservations, done with no charges.. 

Easy peasy 

If it isn't zeroing out for you at checkout, you'll be refunded aboard.  Make sure app is properly registering your package (doesn't matter whether new, old Premier or Plus, they all included medallion shipping)

Or try via website version.

Good luck.

• Like 1

It sounds like the OP ordered the medallion and then added a package that includes free shipping. If that is the case I don’t see anyway around it until you board. We always order medallions after ordering the package and making payment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

It sounds like the OP ordered the medallion and then added a package that includes free shipping. If that is the case I don’t see anyway around it until you board. We always order medallions after ordering the package and making payment 

You can cancel your medallion order.

Then reorder..

I bought the old Princess Premier 2 months ago and just upgraded to the new Premier yesterday. I think either one comes with the free medallion shipping. I also booked my specialty dining long time ago free of charge so the app shows my package correctly. However, when I tried to order the medallion on the app yesterday it wanted to charge me $10 at the check out page.