Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama!! Ninjacat123 is LIVE on the Pride Sept 1 - 8 2024!!​🏖️​

On 9/4/2024 at 9:01 AM, ninjacat123 said:

On the shuttle to Horseshoe Bay! Super easy to find, we got the last two jump seats👍IMG_8165.thumb.jpeg.2ace5d7be8bad3e090150c029df542af.jpeg

Horseshoe Bay is top of my wife's list.  How did you get this shuttle?  Is it a Carnival excursion or a shuttle that you happened to find at the dockyard?  I'm thinking of taking the local bus, but could go for something quicker.

We sail on the Pride on the 22nd.  Looking at your pictures is really amping up the anticipation!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PC 462 said:

Horseshoe Bay is top of my wife's list.  How did you get this shuttle?  Is it a Carnival excursion or a shuttle that you happened to find at the dockyard?  I'm thinking of taking the local bus, but could go for something quicker.

We sail on the Pride on the 22nd.  Looking at your pictures is really amping up the anticipation!

Easy peasy! Walked off the Pride, walked to where people with T shirts saying “ask me” were milling. I asked where the shuttles for Horseshoe Bay, $7per person,  not Carnival excursion and walked to where they pointed (like 25 feet away), we sat on jump seats (last seats on shuttle) and we were off. I paid $14 for the two of us at the end.  FYI, the seats coming back were damp so I sat on my towel. Time to the beach about 25 minutes. 👍😁

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So we didn’t make it to The Blue Hole Park. The weather was still drizzly after our lunch and the bus pulled up making our decision even easier. Still had a great day and I’m proud of us getting out there when it was quite rainy.👍😻

• Like 13

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Nice person told us how to get to bus terminal, nice bus driver told me correct bus number, nice passenger waiting for bus told me $5 would cover it. IMG_8253.thumb.jpeg.58cbf2433da7273bdfa7cd577f2c3743.jpeg

Love the pic, brings back memories, we stood right there waiting for our ride to the caves also, I remember having to sanitize hands as we walked up the couple steps to put our ticket in box, if you missed the hand sanitizer you were told to do it, many still in masks but not mandatory. Oh for the good old days, not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One visit to Bermuda I took the local bus all the way from Dockyard to St. George’s.  I was supposed to change in Hamilton, but the bus just changed numbers.  Then I took the ferry back.  EM

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

So we didn’t make it to The Blue Hole Park. The weather was still drizzly after our lunch and the bus pulled up making our decision even easier. Still had a great day and I’m proud of us getting out there when it was quite rainy.👍😻

My first trip to Bermuda was 44 years ago this week.  Stayed at Elbow Beach Club(nice, but boring then)..  

It poured every single day for 10 days and we got out there too! Had a good time despite the weather.

First day of sun was on the plane coming home. Beautiful, sunny skies at takeoff..LOL

• Like 5

On 9/4/2024 at 12:30 PM, Jamman54 said:

It was great to finally meet you and Craig! Have a great time in Bermuda and enjoy the rest of your cruise! 😃

I am looking forward to the day i run into you and patti!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgttami said:

My first trip to Bermuda was 44 years ago this week.  Stayed at Elbow Beach Club(nice, but boring then)..  

It poured every single day for 10 days and we got out there too! Had a good time despite the weather.

First day of sun was on the plane coming home. Beautiful, sunny skies at takeoff..LOL

I went for the first time also about 44 years ago and stayed at the Bermudian Hotel which is no longer there. I do remember making out with some guy at the bottom of the outdoor stairs who was stationed at the Naval base. Talk about a long time ago! I love Bermuda and the people are so friendly and helpful. When cruising restarted 3 years ago our first cruise at the beginning of October was from NYC to Bermuda.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I am looking forward to the day i run into you and patti!!

I'm sure that one day the stars and planets will align and it will happen! Looking forward to it! 😎

• Like 2

Good morning guys! Enjoy your last day in Bermuda! It's a sunny warm last sea day as we head back to New York. Though the ride last night was a bit bumpy, (we liked it!), it's a lot smoother this morning. The Captain deviated from his normal course to keep our sailing as smooth and dry as possible. 😎

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Good morning guys! Enjoy your last day in Bermuda! It's a sunny warm last sea day as we head back to New York. Though the ride last night was a bit bumpy, (we liked it!), it's a lot smoother this morning. The Captain deviated from his normal course to keep our sailing as smooth and dry as possible. 😎

How does she ride the weather, like a Vista class ship?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Lido is pretty quiet. Overhearing chat about getting to Horseshoe Bay. Might be kinda tight time wise. We are shopping for souvenirs 👍IMG_8330.thumb.jpeg.6ef1e773503dbd34a4d000e960334a5e.jpegIMG_8329.thumb.jpeg.822584bd61a331a1f1b2f5e8c3289234.jpegIMG_8328.thumb.jpeg.d6d43172b4f848d8f5fe0b7c8d5df22a.jpeg

Quiet might be an understatement

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Walked around the Dockyard and found a couple (more than a couple😹) souvenir shops. I can’t imagine living here in this humid heat, having to wear colonial clothing. I’m very toasty in my ninja wear 🥵IMG_8331.thumb.jpeg.25ee64793104277d275896d85e6f82e1.jpeg

IMG_8340.thumb.jpeg.3a65c45447b55ca6e69340dd83a5ac7a.jpeg

IMG_8341.thumb.jpeg.89ac99540347a89d31c667055e648576.jpeg

IMG_8338.thumb.jpeg.978fcbfc1de301361d9142615933882a.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 10