Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from A&L_Ont! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

A&L_Ont was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Lisa and I will be taking a bite out of the Big Apple tomorrow night, before we board Symphony on Sunday morning at Cape Liberty. 

One of my favourite groups, the Beastie Boys, called NYC home and I’m going to live vicariously through their lyrics for the next 8 nights.  I’ll be…

Waking up before I get to sleep 

'Cause I'll be rockin' this party eight days a week.  

Any references I make to their musical work through my review I will note in bold text.  Now at my age, I highly doubt I’ll survive a 7 night cruise by waking before I get to sleep.  But, to quote the B-Boys - No sleep 'til Brooklyn.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 29

• A&L_Ont changed the title to Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

This July 24th, Lisa and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  We originally planned a week at an AI in Dominican Republic, but unfortunately we had to cancel a month prior because work totally got in the way. You could call it Sabotage.

We got a full refund and tried to figure out a plan, maybe for September. A couple weeks later and some texts back and forth with previous cruise companions - a plan was hatched with @Yorkvillain. Lisa suggested that we book and join them and you know it, She’s crafty

We reached out to our usual TA and he asked us, So what’cha want? We gave him a cabin number and asked him to Hold it now.  

With that, we had a plan.  A few final pieces needed to fall into place and I left it to Lisa and She’s on it.  Flights were booked on points and a pre cruise hotel the same way.  

• Like 28

All these lives!  Mark has one on Vision, Sue has one on Freedom, now you have one on Symphony.  They will all give me a Heart Attack Man!

Have a great cruise.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

All these lives!  Mark has one on Vision, Sue has one on Freedom, now you have one on Symphony.  They will all give me a Heart Attack Man!

Have a great cruise.

I'm late to the party. Adventure to Bermuda 8 days doesnt leave until sept 13. I feel left behind so many cruising. 

Happy anniversary. Enjoy. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have a great cruise.

It’s kinda crazy around here right now with the live reviews.

People following them are going to have slap their own face too Get it together.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Below you will see our itinerary with distant and exotic ports of call.  Well, distant and exotic if the Shores of Jersey are your home.  

Check it out

IMG_3754.thumb.jpeg.ee1c4ea2b7d7c28a400075057edda74f.jpeg

• Like 3

Considering we booked 6 weeks ago, it was an omen that our regular home on deck 17 was still available.  Our cabin for the week to come. 

IMG_3755.thumb.jpeg.c6bf3da3de3ac307258bb90ce3212e70.jpeg

• Like 11

For anyone worried about Lucy, she’s good. She had no desire to jump into any suitcase, so long as Owen and Grandma Sharon disperse the nightly snacks.

That also answers who is staying with Owen while we are gone. 

IMG_6237.thumb.jpeg.cc445cb4f18489f4c768505737b3b80e.jpeg

• Like 21

Posted (edited)

Always love your reviews!

Cannot wait to see how many wristbands Owen's ends up with.

Maybe you will get lucky with another private concert in your cabin for your anniversary celebrations 😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Just noticed your on FOS March 9th! I’m doing an 8 night on FOS in November and I’ll be back on her again February 23, 2025 ☺️

We really liked her last time we were on her. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@A&L_Ont  happy anniversary cruise!   Have you cruised on symphony before? We cruised on her from Barcelona to Miami and had a phenomenal time. The aqua theatre show (hiro) is amazing to me.  Close to aqua 80 on oasis. Thanks for doing a live.  Wishing you a terrific cruise. 😊 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always love your reviews!

Cannot wait to see how many wristbands Owen's ends up with.

Owen, like you, was sad to find out that he isn’t coming with us. He back to grade 12 in high school next Wednesday, so unless his teachers are handing them out he’s outta luck. 

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe you will get lucky with another private concert in your cabin for your anniversary celebrations 😊

I really think that was once in a lifetime event. That said, you never know when one might be serenaded on the Symphony.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, maggieq said:

@A&L_Ont  happy anniversary cruise!   Have you cruised on symphony before? We cruised on her from Barcelona to Miami and had a phenomenal time. The aqua theatre show (hiro) is amazing to me.  Close to aqua 80 on oasis. Thanks for doing a live.  Wishing you a terrific cruise. 😊 

We have been on her 2 times, but it’s been a while.  Last time was 2019.  Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Can’t wait to get get back on her. 

• Like 2

Already packed - my Boom Box and cardboard for break dancing on the pool deck.  Also packed are t shirts and shorts for the MDR.  Some of you will get that joke from a recent thread on the RC board.   

My flow board is at the ready, plus all the important stuff like cruise ducks and towels clips. Kidding about the ducks.  That said some  folks on my roll call are bringing hundreds of them, magnets and other items to hide around the ship.  All the power to them, just not my thing.

Wait until you see photos from the first sea day.  We have an eclectic group this sailing. 

We depart for Toronto tomorrow morning at 9, and fly to Newark after lunch. Have a great night everyone.

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Enjoy! You will be so close to us on Staten Island 😳

We will wave as we sail past. 

4 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Happy anniversary. Thanks for sharing your vacation. Have a wonderful and memorable cruise.

Thank-you and glad to bring you along. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm late to the party. Adventure to Bermuda 8 days doesnt leave until sept 13. I feel left behind so many cruising. 

Happy anniversary. Enjoy. 

Thanks Jane. It will be here before you know it. 

• Like 1