Pinnacle Grill - new menu

Haljo1935

These Pinnacle Grill menus were very recently posted by someone currently on the Westerdam.

We leave later this month on the Eurodam and are hoping to learn if these have been rolled out fleetwide or if they're being tested. So, would be appreciative if someone currently on or very recently off other ships (especially the Eurodam) can confirm they have/had these menus or the "usual" PG menus.

pinnaclelunch-1.thumb.png.432d0db53d254da7f5c505b09c48cf36.png.3bbad549a265a87674d93d667b2f5d28.png

pinnacledinner-1.thumb.png.b49baa298e3964e5e8317cf9229b10b7.png.aee0f3bb7f08b5dcd0f6b410d4922730.png

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TryinCruisin said:

It doesn't make sense that a steak house that charges a specialty fee would not have a single steak without an additional fee. I am skeptical this is a true thing. 

Look closer. For most of the steaks, those are ounces listed, not price.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

This was not the menu on the Rotterdam last week.  There were some new entrees, horrible crab legs with a $25 upcharge and asparagus and mushroom risotto which I had a half order of and it made an excellent side.  The one thing that I would truly miss on the menu posted on this thread is the chocolate soufflé.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it is a valid menu, test or otherwise, it looks like they have removed the Culinary Council Chefs contributions which would be unfortunate. We don't sail till next March but hope this isn't a new menu. 

• Thanks 1

If this is the actual menu, I'm not impressed. We've only eaten at Pinnacle Grill once and the menu was different than this.  I would have difficulty choosing something from this menu.  I really enjoyed the scallops last time and they are gone. Way too many items with an upcharge, especially considering it is already an upcharge.  Would never consider going if I actually had to pay.

Edited by Grandmaanne7
clarification
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

In all honesty I think this is just a test and they wanted to try something different for this Legendary Japan Voyage.. Just Saturday night we dined in Pinnacle Grill on the Westerdam.

I know many years ago the Westerdam and Oosterdam were often called Testerdam because they tested different food items and menus many I can think of were never implemented across the fleet. I guess we will just have to wait and see but I think before there is this new menu there will be a Press Release announcement.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

The braised short ribs sounds delightful.

CHIANTI-BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
shallots, onion, roasted butternut squash, vincotto in the Canaletto are one of my husband’s favorite and the restaurant cover is only $25 as opposed to $46 in the Pinnacle.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

In all honesty I think this is just a test and they wanted to try something different for this Legendary Japan Voyage.. Just Saturday night we dined in Pinnacle Grill on the Westerdam.

I know many years ago the Westerdam and Oosterdam were often called Testerdam because they tested different food items and menus many I can think of were never implemented across the fleet. I guess we will just have to wait and see but I think before there is this new menu there will be a Press Release announcement.

Thank you for the post. I hope the new test menu doesn't get implemented.  They removed the pork chops and the chicken.  We do not like the new steak, so we no longer order it. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I totally agree that and the Chilean Sea Bass

The Chilean Sea Bass is a type of cod, Halibut is a better fish.   That was my go to.  We will be on Koningsdam in three weeks or so, I will check it out and try the Sea Bass. 

12 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

The Chilean Sea Bass is a type of cod, Halibut is a better fish.   That was my go to.  We will be on Koningsdam in three weeks or so, I will check it out and try the Sea Bass. 

I seriously doubt it will be there, Koningsdam will have the same menu it has had for several years including the Pork Chop and Chicken. As for the Chilean Sea Bass yes it is a type of cod fish it real name is Patagonian Toothfish. But I prefer it's buttery flavor over the halibut that tends to be much dryer. Unless the Halibut is really fresh I actually cannot even eat it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

We’re eating there Thursday night on Koningsdam I’ll report back

Please and thank you.

Maybe some intel on status of the test menu and potential rollout date, if applicable, if you're comfortable asking questions. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Remove duplicate
  • Like 1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 

I so loved their veal chop so long ago! They suggested I try the pork chops then. Really good, but not even close to their good veal chop!  Now the pork chops gone!! So now we do what POA-1 does, We go just for Caviar now and dine elsewhere. 
I do see the Caviar is at $50.00 again from a long time ago! We were paying $75.00 a piece on our last cruise, so that’s a plus. Too much nickel and dime stuff. One of our cruise critic members said they were serving 1/2 baked potatoes now too. Time moves on. We still cruise for the destinations with HAL.

PG is excellent for their lunches at sea!

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Denise😌

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I agree! Also, it seemed really strange to me that they'd be going back to table side preparation of certain items again, given the trend of cutting back on all of that. Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see that come back, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3

Oh no. No more jumbo shrimp cocktail. That’s a deal breaker! Just kidding. I’m sure I can find something else since for the past years I can only eat a salad, 8 oz filet and a baked potato. No dessert please.