YC drop off tent Miami port?

lahlah57

We will be dropped off by our hotel shuttle in miami. 

How far away is the YC tent and is it tricky to find from drop off points?

This whole thing is new to us and hoping the shuttle will get an early start or should we just Uber it?

We're sailing on Saturday the 28th of this month Seascape.

When you loop around to Terminal C, the tent is IMMEDIATELY on your right, forward of the ship.

There is a lot of traffic, so have them stay to the right when you come around. It's right after the stop sign.

If you miss it by a bit, though - it's not really a far walk.  I had to go park and  the garage was even past aft of the ship.  The walk all the way back was at least 400 yards...which wasn't an amazing thing to do, since I didn't want to sweat through my clothes before getting on the ship! ....but the point is, that is the longest walk possible there, so even if you overshoot the tent a little bit, it shouldn't be a big deal...

Our first YC in Miami we took an airport shuttle and they knew what they were doing.  This one, I drove, didn't know what I was doing - and it worked out fine. 🙂

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Our Lyft driver stopped at the the curve where the dividers starts and dropped us about 10 feet from the crosswalk that leads to the YC Tent.  

Just gotta keep away from the sheep or we'll end up in the never ending steerage line! 😬😵‍💫

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

Oh good.....sounds simple enough!

Looks can be deceiving. First, the white tent is blue. Second, the YC porter does not arrive until 9:15 am. Third the traffic guard does not always allow a non commercial car to drive up to the blue tent, hence the need for us to laminate a couple of PRIORITY signs to wave in the guards face. By leaving ones luggage with an ordinary, steerage porter one should tip to make sure it gets to the YC porter. Then one should have to tip( yes the mistake of not unloading at the blue tent will cost a double tip) the YC porter to get the gold tag attached to checked luggage as anything over 26" must be checked (Will not fit through screening machine).The traffic guard is stationed100 feet in front of the blue tent on the corner of the NCL parking garage and Terminal C.

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Looks can be deceiving. First, the white tent is blue. Second, the YC porter does not arrive until 9:15 am. Third the traffic guard does not always allow a non commercial car to drive up to the blue tent, hence the need for us to laminate a couple of PRIORITY signs to wave in the guards face. By leaving ones luggage with an ordinary, steerage porter one should tip to make sure it gets to the YC porter. Then one should have to tip( yes the mistake of not unloading at the blue tent will cost a double tip) the YC porter to get the gold tag attached to checked luggage as anything over 26" must be checked (Will not fit through screening machine).The traffic guard is stationed100 feet in front of the blue tent on the corner of the NCL parking garage and Terminal C.

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

Just when I thought I was home clear......I hate babysitting people! 😵‍💫🤯

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

First, the white tent is blue

Has the YC tent ever been not blue?  For our Divina cruise the YC was blue and the regular tent was white. I thought it was always that way. 

That Priority sign seems like a great idea and I would definitely make my own if I were driving.  

9 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes. Here it was just a short time ago.

IMG_2135.jpg

How does this look like or even identify as Yacht Club?

Its as though they didn't want yacht club area to be found and you in confusion just join the masses! 

It's hidden in a corner....(shhhhh...don't make eye contact, maybe they'll go away!)

Edited by lahlah57
Added
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 11:27 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Might be good to have on the dash of your Uber driver as well.

You're kidding right?  If I am going to go to the trouble of making signs to put into my  vehicle I am going to use 'EXALTED'. Then again I better make sure to get a stretch limo to make sure my status is acknowledged properly.

• Haha 3

On 9/14/2024 at 9:53 AM, chisoxfan said:

You're kidding right?  If I am going to go to the trouble of making signs to put into my  vehicle I am going to use 'EXALTED'. Then again I better make sure to get a stretch limo to make sure my status is acknowledged properly.

I'm cracking up at the fact that they're making signs to flash around, like backstage passes at a concert! lol... OH NO... I might have to pass the poors and deal with their baggage handlers! 

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I'm cracking up at the fact that they're making signs to flash around, like backstage passes at a concert! lol... OH NO... I might have to pass the poors and deal with their baggage handlers! 

Laugh all you want. But without the sign we were denied entry and had to pull up with the "Poors and deal with their baggage handlers" back in February. For us with 10-12 suitcases and to ensure our luggage is handled properly (and doesn't end up accidently in the water or left behind in the terminal) we tipped the porter $50 to get it delivered to the proper place. A hand trolley was insufficient to handle our luggage so he had to get a cart trolley. And where do you think he brought this cart/trolley...right over to the YC drop off tent where it had to be tagged with special YC gold tags by the YC porter. This entailed another $50 tip to the YC porter to also ensure we get our luggage. So by NOT allowing us to drop off at the proper drop off point cost us double. 

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Laugh all you want. But without the sign we were denied entry and had to pull up with the "Poors and deal with their baggage handlers" back in February. For us with 10-12 suitcases and to ensure our luggage is handled properly (and doesn't end up accidently in the water or left behind in the terminal) we tipped the porter $50 to get it delivered to the proper place. A hand trolley was insufficient to handle our luggage so he had to get a cart trolley. And where do you think he brought this cart/trolley...right over to the YC drop off tent where it had to be tagged with special YC gold tags by the YC porter. This entailed another $50 tip to the YC porter to also ensure we get our luggage. So by NOT allowing us to drop off at the proper drop off point cost us double. 

Sometimes life sure is tough. 

• Like 1

@Scottdalfonso and @chisoxfan once you have hung around here for a bit you will soon grow to love and appreciate @morpheusofthesea for his whit, charm, unique observations and yes, even his eccentricities. I have learned much from Morph and can only be so lucky as to meet him and his DW in person some day!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

@Scottdalfonso and @chisoxfan once you have hung around here for a bit you will soon grow to love and appreciate @morpheusofthesea for his whit, charm, unique observations and yes, even his eccentricities. I have learned much from Morph and can only be so lucky as to meet him and his DW in person some day!

yeah, I figured out that he's actually a pretty funny and sarcastic poster (and the 10-12 bags was probably a joke).  I do find it kind of strange how some posters act as if they are on a completely different ship because they are confined to their little area, but maybe that's just because I know I'll never be in that area, myself! lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottdalfonso said:

yeah, I figured out that he's actually a pretty funny and sarcastic poster (and the 10-12 bags was probably a joke).  I do find it kind of strange how some posters act as if they are on a completely different ship because they are confined to their little area, but maybe that's just because I know I'll never be in that area, myself! lol 

The 10-12 bags is not a joke…I believe his DW is a germophobe and there are a lot of cleaning supplies in those bags…so, happy wife…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

Sometimes life sure is tough. 

Life can also be what you make it. Attitude is everything.

P.S. Let us pretend, for the moment, that our lives are predetermined. That our actions have very little to do with any amelioration of future events and the only free will we have is how we allow this course of events to affect us.  (Viktor Frankl's "Man Search for Meaning.")

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Life can also be what you make it. Attitude is everything.

Appreciate the life coaching platitudes but too late for me (I concluded that any saying on numerous coffee mugs, cheap office art, or bumper stickers probably doesn't offer deep wisdom

or a life path).

To reciprocate and offer my humble suggestion I would suggest you put this sticker on your 12 pieces of luggage:

2" wide helmet hard hat KEEP IT SIMPLE. Printed funny saying bumper sticker decal for any smooth surface such as windows b...

4 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Appreciate the life coaching platitudes but too late for me (I concluded that any saying on numerous coffee mugs, cheap office art, or bumper stickers probably doesn't offer deep wisdom

or a life path).

To reciprocate and offer my humble suggestion I would suggest you put this sticker on your 12 pieces of luggage:

2" wide helmet hard hat KEEP IT SIMPLE. Printed funny saying bumper sticker decal for any smooth surface such as windows b...

I understand. You are still too young and inexperienced to understand. That is why the P.S. reference to this epiphany (not platitude) of Viktor Frankl. A psychiatrist caught up in a concentration camp during the war.

Below are the luggage tags suggesting our attitude.

IMG_4159.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

and the 10-12 bags was probably a joke)

You are correct about the sarcasm. Here is our trolley at the port. Only my DW's bags on this trolley. I took this picture because I know it is unbelievable. I told her a few years ago that my car cannot fit all her suitcases. Her reply "Buy a bigger car." I take a photo every trip just incase one is lost and they don't believe I had as many as I say.

IMG_3358.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1