No more Simply More

Jancruz

2 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

As for the price reduction, you still did not say when it occurred

The sale price was in effect the same week as my final. It was close and why I called O to clarify their policy before I paid final. When the savings was not refunded as stated by O- I figured it was the TA.

Our last 2 Oceania cruises were 38-days. Portsmouth to Miami on Sirena and BA to Miami on Marina. At Gold level Oceania Club amenities we received gratuities … 38 x $36 = $1,368 USD.

If this perk is eliminated, the SBC should be $36 x number of cruise days … not a blanket $250.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I would agree if it had been a real drink package. But it wasn't. It was the wine and beer and meals package, which you then had to upgrade if you wanted a piña colada or other cocktail while you were at the pool or before (or with) dinner. Not a big difference i you drink wine, but I don't.

Thing is, it worked for us because we do drink wine, mainly with meals, and as it turned out, I wasn’t very keen on O's cocktails.  Luckily for us, when I have a drink separately from a meal, I tend to drink tonic water.  My OH would just buy an extra glass of wine if he wanted one outside mealtimes.  It was still a great saving.  I can see that if you drink neither beer nor wine, it just wouldn't work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

But apparently, they're not rolling back the prices, they will remain the same.  So, it isn't the "old ways". The prices went up with Simply More since it included more than O Life and that will apparently remain the "base price".

Price increases are a reality right now.

If we accept that to be profitable, Oceania had to either reduce amenities or increase the price, which would you prefer?

I know my choice because I realize that free amenities aren’t free. As someone said, by 2026 these prices will seem cheap and a cruise line must price for the reality of the economy ahead.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, durberville said:

Agreed. As a first time Oceania cruiser (October) the Simply More amenities attracted me.  I was planning to book another cruise onboard or at the very least research another based on how I enjoyed this one.  (Have several cruises bookmarked). 

Now, with this new offering they are taking away my included drink package, my shore excursion credit, and offering nothing more than gratuities (which are a fraction of value) for what seems to be confirmed - the same price. Without a reduction in fare to reflect the missing amenities I have no intent of booking a new cruise. 

Taking benefits away, in any environment is always a negative move and difficult to sell. 

You're not going to lose your SM. You might still be able to book another cruise with SM If you find a future cruise that interests you.

2 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Asking for a friend. Can we blame this on the NoNos.? If you don’t like spices, probably more likely to not drink for tummy reasons or spend money for excursions, probably can cause uneasiness spending on those overpriced excursions……which leads to tummy issues.  That is my theory!!😁

Please do not start with the NoNos again,.  We have had enough of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

You're not going to lose your SM. You might still be able to book another cruise with SM If you find a future cruise that interests you.

Yes, I guess I wasn’t clear. I am taking my first Oceania cruise next month with the Simply More amenities. That’s great and I’m very happy about it…but now that I see what they are taking away (compared to this cruise) I seriously doubt I’ll be booking another. Never say never though, maybe we’ll find a good sale. 😉

• Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, clo said:

I haven't read all SIX pages 😉 of this but has anyone mentioned that their TA gives them gratuities and/or OBC?

Today my DH and I booked a 12 Night cruise from London to London on the Vista - leaving June 3rd.  We booked through our travel agent. In addition to the included SM perks from Oceania (House Beverage package, Internet, Specialty dining, and $600 per cabin for shore excursions.) our TA is giving us $975 in onboard credit.  Booking directly with Oceania was going to get us $50 - $100 OBC for the same fare we are paying for a B2.

20 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

I got $400 pp credit on a 10-day cruise (Lisbon-Southampton on the Vista)

Agency threw in gratuities + another $1,000 onboard credit.

WOW, and I thought I was doing well. 

11 hours ago, Harters said:

We were already looking at a land based option to cruising before this. After a lot of research, we've found an all-inclusive 5 * resort which seems closest to the Oceania "hotel experience" - nice accommodation, good service, speciality restaurants, entertainment, allocated sunbeds (so no hogging needed), etc. We're going to try it in a few weeks. And the big thing here is that it's 50% of the Simply More price of our similar length cruise next year. And that includes air fare (no air fare needed for the cruise as a UK to UK one). So, even if it proves to be not quite as good as O, I suspect we'd rather opt for two holidays in Cyprus, rather than one cruise.  

Could you share the all-inclusive resort name.  We have heard good things about Cyprus and have seen it on TV movies/shows.

11 hours ago, ak1004 said:

I guess it depends on your preferences and parameters like Region, duration, cabin category etc.

I just looked at 10-12 nights sailings in Europe for Amy-June 2025.

Oceania FV on Vista is around $500/night. SB entry level cabin (OV or veranda) around $700. I think last year the difference was less, but there is no way I'm going to pay $700/night for SB (or any other line), unless the itinerary is really unique (and I don't see this happening).

Is the above $500 a night per person or a stateroom?  

9 hours ago, Harters said:

(EDIT: I think I've realised what OCAPP must be - it's O's preferred travel agent companies. All of which are, I understand, North American.)

👍👍https://www.oceaniacruises.com/assetlibrary/email/_emails/sales/ocapp_program_details.pdf

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Please do not start with the NoNos again,.  We have had enough of that.

I've liked the entire concept of the NoNos.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Today my DH and I booked a 12 Night cruise from London to London on the Vista - leaving June 3rd.  We booked through our travel agent. In addition to the included SM perks from Oceania (House Beverage package, Internet, Specialty dining, and $600 per cabin for shore excursions.) our TA is giving us $975 in onboard credit.  Booking directly with Oceania was going to get us $50 - $100 OBC for the same fare we are paying for a B2.

we are on the same cruise. Booked FV a year ago when they just came out. We are getting $900 USD rebate from our TA. That’s like getting 11% discount, in addition to the early bird 5% discount and FCC.

To answer your question, $500 is per person per night.

image.png.6d3f092682b22166977d428df29aa977.png

Edited by ak1004

@durberville

Here is a little tid bit for an O Newby. IMHO you will love your cruise and have a wonderful time. sM has value with the Wine and Beer and Excursions included and probably more value than waiting until after October 1 for the Free Gratuities Program. Here is a plan, you are eligible to book a future cruise on any O ship up to 30 days prior to sailing and it is considered an On Board booking and you are within that window right now. Your Deposit is only $250 pp. You would receive at least $100 in SBC to use on your upcoming October 4 cruise or on your future cruise. You will also be able to get a Discount of at least $100 pp when booking a Veranda level stateroom, more the higher up the room chain you go. You will also be able to change your mind one time and use that On Board Booking discount on a totally different cruise. 

If you have seen a cruise that interests you and you want to take advantage of the SM value and it works for you, this is how you do it. 
Good luck and enjoy your cruise and know that Oceania newby’s rarely ever walk away from O because it is quite superior to any mass market line and is also superior to others in the Premium and Ultra Premium categories. Again, JMHO and I say this with 15+ years of experience sailing on Oceania. 
Mauibabes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Who or what are NoNos?  Need a re-education 

Mauibabes

Please don't ask.  It's denigrates many passengers on no factual baises.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, durberville said:

Right - but not booking a second cruise until I experience the first! I don’t sail until Oct 3rd. 😉

I'm in the same situation. We're taking our first Oceania cruise in November, and I wouldn't have booked it without the Simply More inclusions. Now it looks like it will also be our last Oceania cruise, unless they change their minds again!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ICT lineman said:

Our last 2 Oceania cruises were 38-days. Portsmouth to Miami on Sirena and BA to Miami on Marina. At Gold level Oceania Club amenities we received gratuities … 38 x $36 = $1,368 USD.

If this perk is eliminated, the SBC should be $36 x number of cruise days … not a blanket $250.

Historically if you had turned Silver prior to Nov of 2013 you would get that amount. I don’t know how they will deal with those in that situation now. 

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

our TA is giving us $975 in onboard credit.

We are on that cruise as well (booked it when we were on Vista earlier in the year). Seeyou on the Roll Call. Your comment indicates the difference that can apply between North American and European customers. Whilst I would expect our UK TA to offer a small discount on the fare (although a number we've talked to havent even offered that), I cannot recall any TA offering onboard credit as well. 

Here's the place in Cyprus -

https://kanikahotels.com/olympic-lagoon-resorts-paphos/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=business&utm_campaign=GBP-OlympicLagoonResortsPaphos

• Thanks 2

New “Included Perks” list Vero sparkling or flat water. Looks like no longer offering Pellegrino or Perrier? Another cut back….albeit small.

SM for 16 days last April was $1,000 excursion credit. SM for 17 days 7/2025 and for 18 days 1/2026 now $800. A $200 loss…albeit small.
Amount of SM excursion credit was reduced $200 on all cruises a few months after initial SM roll out. SM increased costs $800+ per cabin and no a la carte  pricing.

We’re Platinum level and TA also paid grats, so O would give $250 SBC. We gain nothing with O’s new $250 SBC perk for loyalty level.

Therefore, this new policy has us paying SM prices and losing excursion credit and drink package. Equivalent of $1,000 cost increase.

And our favorite B3 cabins were recently raised to an A2 at a cost of approx. $100 per day.

We have 6 more booked, but will compare SB and SS for future.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@durberville

Here is a little tid bit for an O Newby. IMHO you will love your cruise and have a wonderful time. sM has value with the Wine and Beer and Excursions included and probably more value than waiting until after October 1 for the Free Gratuities Program. Here is a plan, you are eligible to book a future cruise on any O ship up to 30 days prior to sailing and it is considered an On Board booking and you are within that window right now. Your Deposit is only $250 pp. You would receive at least $100 in SBC to use on your upcoming October 4 cruise or on your future cruise. You will also be able to get a Discount of at least $100 pp when booking a Veranda level stateroom, more the higher up the room chain you go. You will also be able to change your mind one time and use that On Board Booking discount on a totally different cruise. 

If you have seen a cruise that interests you and you want to take advantage of the SM value and it works for you, this is how you do it. 
Good luck and enjoy your cruise and know that Oceania newby’s rarely ever walk away from O because it is quite superior to any mass market line and is also superior to others in the Premium and Ultra Premium categories. Again, JMHO and I say this with 15+ years of experience sailing on Oceania. 
Mauibabes

Excellent suggestion Maui! Just to clarify— the booking needs to be made within 30 days of the sail date. Also, if you make that booking directly with Oceania, you have 14 days to assign the cruise to an outside travel agent to get those additional perks that others have mentioned. If booking on board, you hav 14 days from the end of f your cruise to assign it. 

I booked my first Oceania Cruise when Simply More did not exist.  It did become available even for the cruise I was on, a few months before.  However, we did NOT have simply more.  Add to this, we booked our next cruise with Simply More while onboard, before they reduced the OBC for excursions which happened a few months after the SM program began.

When Simply More happened, many previous guest were upset.  Especially about the inclusion of the Beer/Wine at lunch and dinner with Simply More.  For different reasons, each of these guest would have rather had the price reduction then the basic drink package.  Many were really uncomfortable with this change.  It became clear, that many previous guests considered the "choose what you want and don't pay for what you don't want" concept to be the way to go, now it was gone with SM.  This is what made Oceania a Premium-Plus/Luxury and not a Luxury/Ultra-Luxury brand. 

Other guest wanted these items included for their own reasons.  "Can't please everyone every time".  This NEW change which I am not sure yet if it is good or bad for the masses, seems to be coming from listening to the guest.  Or at least that what it is billed as on a recent article I read. The real test will come when the cruises are priced out and comparing them against the same cruise with Simply More.  That will be the next topic to be discussed over and over again. 

I personally believe that a guest can make anything work with a little due diligence.  I also think cruise brand loyalty does not allow for willingness to try different brands for different reasons.  We the consumer need to judge each cruise, each brand, each offering against the majority of likes/dislikes we have in the way we want to cruise.  Be open, be flexible and be fair with the only one that matters, you and your family. The fact is, over time, our taste, wants and needs change.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I booked my first Oceania Cruise when Simply More did not exist.  It did become available even for the cruise I was on, a few months before.  However, we did NOT have simply more.  Add to this, we booked our next cruise with Simply More while onboard, before they reduced the OBC for excursions which happened a few months after the SM program began.

When Simply More happened, many previous guest were upset.  Especially about the inclusion of the Beer/Wine at lunch and dinner with Simply More.  For different reasons, each of these guest would have rather had the price reduction then the basic drink package.  Many were really uncomfortable with this change.  It became clear, that many previous guests considered the "choose what you want and don't pay for what you don't want" concept to be the way to go, now it was gone with SM.  This is what made Oceania a Premium-Plus/Luxury and not a Luxury/Ultra-Luxury brand. 

Other guest wanted these items included for their own reasons.  "Can't please everyone every time".  This NEW change which I am not sure yet if it is good or bad for the masses, seems to be coming from listening to the guest.  Or at least that what it is billed as on a recent article I read. The real test will come when the cruises are priced out and comparing them against the same cruise with Simply More.  That will be the next topic to be discussed over and over again. 

I personally believe that a guest can make anything work with a little due diligence.  I also think cruise brand loyalty does not allow for willingness to try different brands for different reasons.  We the consumer need to judge each cruise, each brand, each offering against the majority of likes/dislikes we have in the way we want to cruise.  Be open, be flexible and be fair with the only one that matters, you and your family. The fact is, over time, our taste, wants and needs change.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

I think you're missing the main reason that long time loyal Oceania cruisers are upset.  Everyone will get gratuities.  An Oceania Club perk was that If you have 10 or more Oceania cruises, they're gratis. A $250 per stateroom instead of these gratuities will be a loss of anywhere from $100 up to over $1000 depending on the length of the cruise. A 14 day cruise @ $18 × 2 × 10 = $360. Those of us who go on longer cruises will be losing even more $$.      The drinks, excursions and air credits are now defunct. I can accept those changes and move forward. The bottom line is that prices will go up dramatically 

• Like 3