Website shows no cabins available 30 days before sailing

CruisinShips

Is it a pretty safe bet that there won't be any MoveUp upgrades coming?  Or do they hold back some suites so they can maneuver some upgrades around?  Does anyone have any insight into this? 

Edited by CruisinShips

• CruisinShips changed the title to Website shows no cabins available 30 days before sailing

That program is handled by a third party and not directly by Celebrity.  If the program was initiated for your sailing they may very well have certain inventory held to address corresponding bids, or apply them to potential cancelations. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you havent got an email about moving up yet  

you probably wouldn’t get one 

we just got our email and our sailing is Nov 21 IMG_7631.thumb.png.1d0825a74fb70723a3c5a5846ef6b911.png

I have had a couple of bids in place for a while.  Just wondering if there is still a chance for one to be accepted if the ship shows no cabins available.

Yes there is a chance.  There are generally quite a few cancellations right up to sailing which is why they say you will get notified up to 2 days prior to sailing.

In once case I was informed that my bid was transferred to the ship.  I didn't get the MoveUp but assumed I was first in line if there was a cancellation.

• Thanks 1

If it helps, we are sailing Beyond in two weeks on 9/21. Our sailing has been “sold out” since the beginning of August. It was available end of July, and when I went to book the following week, it was sold out. I checked daily and noticed a single Aqua room became available about 2 weeks ago, so I immediately booked it. Since, there has been varying availability as people cancel and others are granted upgrades

This morning, there was a single Sunset Sky Suite available. I called to upgrade, and in that 20 minutes, it was gone.

All this to say…we sail in 2 weeks, and I JUST received the MoveUp email about 15 minutes ago, allowing me to bid on suites. I’m going to put in bids hoping someone cancels.

Even since it’s been “sold out,” people in our group on another social media site have been having their offers accepted in the past weeks, so it’s worth it to wait for the email or put in offers. You never know, and worse case, you keep your current room. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

You need to keep in mind that they can offer move up's whether cabins are available or not.  if it turns out no cabins become available in that class, then there will just be no successful move ups. 

42 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

I have had a couple of bids in place for a while.  Just wondering if there is still a chance for one to be accepted if the ship shows no cabins available.

Sorry , didn’t realized you already put a bid in  

50 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

If it helps, we are sailing Beyond in two weeks on 9/21. Our sailing has been “sold out” since the beginning of August. It was available end of July, and when I went to book the following week, it was sold out. I checked daily and noticed a single Aqua room became available about 2 weeks ago, so I immediately booked it. Since, there has been varying availability as people cancel and others are granted upgrades

This morning, there was a single Sunset Sky Suite available. I called to upgrade, and in that 20 minutes, it was gone.

All this to say…we sail in 2 weeks, and I JUST received the MoveUp email about 15 minutes ago, allowing me to bid on suites. I’m going to put in bids hoping someone cancels.

Even since it’s been “sold out,” people in our group on another social media site have been having their offers accepted in the past weeks, so it’s worth it to wait for the email or put in offers. You never know, and worse case, you keep your current room. Good luck!

My Wife and I are on this sailing…good luck in your upgrade quest. 

• Thanks 1

We did the MoveUp for our cruise more than 60 days in advance.  Many have commented that MoveUp bids for some are now canceled except for one category of their bids. However, now those bids are pending and cannot be canceled or changed.  Some say that means those people won their MoveUp bids🤷‍♀️  MoveUp might be closed; I really do not know...but I do know that your credit card is charged before you get any other notification.

Celebrity usually has a few cancelations even 24 hours before the sailing. Anyway, good luck to you as the time draws closer.  I am not sure about what kind of inventory, if any, Celebrity keeps onboard.  I do know that sometimes cabins/suites are used for gifts, enticing others to book cruises for a drawing etc.  Beyond had this in Europe, as I wanted to upgrade from an SV to a suite.  The price was extremely high, but the suite was used for someone who purchased a cruise onboard.  Anyway, maybe someone with personal expertise can share more information, but anything can happen up to sailing.

Good Luck to you!

Edited by Lastdance

6 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

I got my bid offer for upgrade 2 days before sailing.  Previous couple couldn't go due to illness

Do you register with Moveup somehow? I log into my account but I can't see Move up anywhere on the page...Do I just randomly get an email without registering anywhere? Also we have an interior cabin and realistically how much would you want to bid to upgrade even just to Oceanview on Silhouette? Thanks!