Sun Princess Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suites

CRLess

When reservations first opened for the Sun Princess in its inaugural Caribbean season, I booked a category C2 Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite (with Premier package), with the goal of having access to the Cabana Deck as well as the Reserve Restaurant.  With all of the changes coming to the categories in October, it appears as though this description no longer exists.  When I try to book a similar C2 room on the website, its called a Cabana Deck Mini Suite, but makes no reference whatsoever in the description if it includes dining in the Reserve dining room, or whatever it will be called by the time we sail.  Has something I paid for been removed from my booking?  I have read through many of the Sun Princess threads and cannot find an answer to this question as it relates to the C2 category.

17 minutes ago, CRLess said:

When reservations first opened for the Sun Princess in its inaugural Caribbean season, I booked a category C2 Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite (with Premier package), with the goal of having access to the Cabana Deck as well as the Reserve Restaurant.  With all of the changes coming to the categories in October, it appears as though this description no longer exists.  When I try to book a similar C2 room on the website, its called a Cabana Deck Mini Suite, but makes no reference whatsoever in the description if it includes dining in the Reserve dining room, or whatever it will be called by the time we sail.  Has something I paid for been removed from my booking?  I have read through many of the Sun Princess threads and cannot find an answer to this question as it relates to the C2 category.

When Princess reclassified cabins in April, they changed Reserve Cabana minis also. (C1/C2)

Anyone booking after April 23, would be booking Cabana Deck Mini or Cabana Mini. 

Cabana Deck Minis include.cabana deck access, but no more separate dining.. 

Anyone who booked PRIOR to the April 23 rollout is supposed to be grandfathered in with the same perks they booked - so, you're supposed to still have the separate dining, although it'll be in wherever they hold the Sanctuary Collection dining and not in the Reserve dining room ....(Assuming you're sailing after October 14).  If sailing prior to Oct 14, you'll have all the perks, etc as usual, dining in Reserve dining room, etc. 

They've made it way more complicated and convoluted than it needed to be, but there you go...

Edited by reedprincess

7 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

When Princess reclassified cabins in April, they changed Reserve Cabana minis also. (C1/C2)

Anyone booking after April 23, would be booking Cabana Deck Mini or Cabana Mini. 

Cabana Deck Minis include.cabana deck access, but no more separate dining.. 

Anyone who booked PRIOR to the April 23 rollout is supposed to be grandfathered in with the same perks they booked - so, you're supposed to still have the separate dining, although it'll be in wherever they hold the Sanctuary Collection dining and not in the Reserve dining room ....(Assuming you're sailing after October 14).  If sailing prior to Oct 14, you'll have all the perks, etc as usual, dining in Reserve dining room, etc. 

They've made it way more complicated and convoluted than it needed to be, but there you go...

I assume the Sanctuary Collection refers to the dining aspect only and not access to the Sanctuary?

1 hour ago, CRLess said:

I assume the Sanctuary Collection refers to the dining aspect only and not access to the Sanctuary?

Nope.

All Sanctuary Collection cabins have access to the Sanctuary, whether suite, mini-suite or deluxe balcony.. 

The Reserve Cabana Mini Suites did not convert to Sanctuary Collection cabins..They have changed names to Cabana Deck Mini. They will not have any access to the Sanctuary. They have their own Cabana Deck space with seating, hot tub, etc  on 9 that no one else has access to..

Assuming you booked prior to April 23, 2024 and are sailing after October 14 - you're reserve dining is still intact, but it'll be wherever the Sanctuary Collection Dining location is.

There are rampant rumors on dining changes coming to accommodate the Sanctuary Collection cabins in one dining room, which would include changing the current Reserve and Signature Restaurants to specialty dining, moving the American Diner portion of Horizons MDR deck 8  to aft of buffet and moving Sanctuary Collection dining to deck 8 Horizons space. However, this hasn't been confirmed or put out by Princess directly, so it's a wait and see.  

You will have your "Reserve dining" but where that will be, if sailing after October, remains to be seen ..  

1 hour ago, CRLess said:

I booked in Feb 2024, so I assume what you say is valid.  Thanks!

Yup, you're grandfathered in, so to speak, to the perks you had at time of booking. Hopefully, you have a travel summary or booking confirmation that shows Reserve, etc. 

It shows way, somewhere on your Travel summary: "Grandfathered Cabana Indicator"...

Here's a thread about the changes, back when they first happened. Lots of good info in there also:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3006978-is-reserve-cabins-gone-sun-princess/

4 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Any room designated Sanctuary has access to the Sanctuary

True, but the Cabana cabins were never designated as “Sanctuary”. They were designated as “Reserve” which entitled the guest to access to the Cabana Deck and the Reserve Restaurant. But starting in October there won’t be a Reserve Restaurant anymore. So people with Reserve Class cabins will dine in the Sanctuary Dining Room (because that will be the only separate option) but will not have access to the Sanctuary. 

To OP- when you log in to the personalizer on the princess website scroll down and you should see what you get to use: mine says Sanctuary and private dining.

My Travel Summary only says Sanctuary Collection.

On 9/6/2024 at 12:40 AM, dog said:

To OP- when you log in to the personalizer on the princess website scroll down and you should see what you get to use: mine says Sanctuary and private dining.

My Travel Summary only says Sanctuary Collection.

I do not see that anywhere in my Personalizer.

I have a C2 Cabana for June 7 2025 that I reserved while on the Sky this July.  In the Princess app under dining it says "Reserve Collection".  I hope they fix this so I can make reservations for my preferred time or select the fixed seating dining.  We are elite level so should be able to pick even though we are 271 long days away from the trip.  Anyone know what's going on?

37 minutes ago, FamilyGuy1010 said:

I have a C2 Cabana for June 7 2025 that I reserved while on the Sky this July.  In the Princess app under dining it says "Reserve Collection".  I hope they fix this so I can make reservations for my preferred time or select the fixed seating dining.  We are elite level so should be able to pick even though we are 271 long days away from the trip.  Anyone know what's going on?

@FamilyGuy1010  you will probably need to wait until after Oct 15th when the C2 cabana is no longer reserve.