Itinerary Discrepancy

Hornet441

6 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise, Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral, 9-15 Dec 2024. The Itinerary lists 3 ports, Freeport, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. The map layout shows Freeport, San Juan and Grand Turk. Any way to tell the correct itinerary?

My experience with the online itinerary maps has been much like everyone has said. It's not always accurate, sometimes off by a little, sometimes it's a whole different itinerary.

This irritates me a bit because I like to make a journey spreadsheet with all our info by day with in port times, tour times, historical weather, specialty dining, etc. At the top of the sheet I like to include the map from Princess along with their primary marketing photo for the cruise. I've even written to customer service about the map and believe it or not, I usually don't get a response (no surprise there) but ... to my amazement the map eventually gets corrected.

• Like 2

Definitely, don’t rely on the maps.  Rarely updated.  Just below your map, you should see:

Video Overview & Map illustration may contain port order and/or port substitutions, please review itinerary listing for actual list of ports.Port arrival and departure times are approximate and subject to change without notice. For more information please review the Passage Contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

My experience with the online itinerary maps has been much like everyone has said. It's not always accurate, sometimes off by a little, sometimes it's a whole different itinerary.

This irritates me a bit because I like to make a journey spreadsheet with all our info by day with in port times, tour times, historical weather, specialty dining, etc. At the top of the sheet I like to include the map from Princess along with their primary marketing photo for the cruise. I've even written to customer service about the map and believe it or not, I usually don't get a response (no surprise there) but ... to my amazement the map eventually gets corrected.

You can easily make your own map online with the correct ports. 

We are on the same cruise.  I was hoping for a while that we were going to San Juan instead of Amber Cove but nope, it's just a bad map.  Interesting though that they did manage to correct the map to show Freeport instead of Nassau.  Until a month or so ago we WERE going to Nassau but the old "port congestion" prompted the port switch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Any map will do, then you populate which ports you'll visit. Use photoshop, illustrator, etc.

If you don't have those, just enter text boxes on a saved jpg. 

Before I retired I would have easily gone for something like that. Now I'm older and lazier (and maybe more grumpy too). I'd much rather complain to Princess than go make my own map "the hard way". 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3