The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 12th, 2024

Good morning. It will be a little warmer here, up past eighty later with some increase in the humidity. The days are all to be celebrated and encouraged.The third soup recipe looks great, thank you Debbie. I have not been to the port.

I hope Roy and Vanessa both were able to sleep last night while in their respective facilities. Sending prayers for you both that things improve.

Last night I told DB that he was considered a “gem” (Carolyn) and a “keeper”(Brenda) and I think I embarrassed him. We decided he could be our diamond. At this point he has a lot more energy than I do and is very helpful. He will stay until Sunday.

Enjoy the day everyone and I hope the storms are not as bad as predicted.

• Like 32

Good afternoon.

We have got home after a 14 night's holiday.

We had 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise.

We were on P&O Ventura for 10 nights.

We visited 

Santander Spain.

Vigo Spain.

Lisbon Portugal 2 Nights.

Porto Portugal.

A Corunna.

We were due to go to St Peter port Guernsey but this was changed due to bad sea conditions.

I will post a few photos next.

• Like 29

Good Thursday Morning Daiyites!  I was back on the sofa last night, and DH needs more bed space.   We tried elevating his head, and turned off the fan, with no air blowing on him.  He said his right eye (the one that he cant see out of, but had surgery to lift the lid, and they botched it, and he cant close the eye fully) gets dried out, and causes pain.  Yesterday was not a good day, and I left work an hour early and took him out for ice cream.  He loves ice cream. So with the fan off last night, I am hoping that he slept better. 

I have not fed the cats yet.  I am waiting until I am awake enough to either spoon feed Quiff, or anger DH by taking off that collar.  My friend Debbie did order a collar for Jersey, which Jersey took off in two minutes, and she was supposed to bring it to me last week, and forgot. I will call her later this morning and see if she kept it.  I have to go out today to buy ink for the printer.

My vet recommended a tube sock.  I think I can cut one of my furry socks for her.  

Today is walk the dog, work, a break in the middle of the day, and back to work.  And wait for the rain.  Which I thought would have started by now.

25f112cde511b5f4c5ac0ec09476bf54.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Good warm and sunny morning. It’s going to be a beautiful day .

Tomatoe basil soup sounds good but it’s too warm today for it 

There is a regional casual dining chain in Pennsylvania called Isaacs that has a pepper jack tomato soup that is really good on a cold winter day.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for our Daily, Sandi & thanks to our F & B tam and Vanessa

Posting later than normal but it’s a new routine and hopefully Ivan and I will adapt.  it’s been a busy, hectic week.

Ivan’t routine takes longer since I can’t just open the door and let him out & he wants a lot of fetch and I am accommodating him with all the adjustments he is gong through.  LOL

Vascular surgeon was a bust.  I don’t know why he told me to come back for the “plan”.  He thinks the pain is nerve pain emanating from my bank so an MRi was ordered (ugh) and if nothing comes of that, then I am to call and go back to see him.  So, the pain continues. ‘Sigh’

Next day was the cataract surgeo.  I knew they were getting worse fast as I have such a hard time seeing and wouldn’t even drive my SUV here.  I arranged for one of the movers to drive it so I didn’t have to risk myself or others.  Cataract surgeon said my cataracts were very mature.  Too mature.  I can’t wait the normal amount of time or I will be blind.  So I have been moved up for the surgery with a call coming any time and promised it will happen in the next few months.  I am having a hard time seeing now and typing anything that cant be expanded is tricky.

The problem is - if the call doesn’t come before cruise time, I do’t dare go.  Very depressing.

Tomorrow is the signing of documents for the house closing on Monday.  

Poor Ivan - so many appointments in the first week.  Not much choice in the matter though.

Today I will be tackling more boxes so that I can hopefully make some sense out of this place and then get my pictures hung.

I am way behind on  my spread sheets and the FCL so. I need to get with the programme but first, I want to get settled before I tackle reading and typing.

I ams so sorry to read about the challenges so many are facing.  My prayers for your all 🙏

Hope everyone has a great day.  The gin on our door with paw print announcing Ivan was a dog.  LOL

IMG_3163.thumb.jpeg.f30c5dcf3af98e072e44007e73055faa.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Three great days to celebrate with positivity for all.  The quote is true, but for some it seems like they should always carry an umbrella.

Speaking of rain, it's cloudy and misty out there for us this morning.  According to the radio we had a couple of storms blow through overnight with lightning and thunder, of which I heard zero.  When DH gets up I'll ask if he heard anything.  I didn't know about the rain until I looked outside first thing this morning and saw the street was wet.  Apparently this weather is going to hang around for a day or two, so I'd better get my rain jacket out and at the ready.

@JazzyVwhat a champion you are, in hospital, yet being poster #3 on today's FR&D!  I sincerely hope the antibiotics kick the cellulitis out of your system quickly!

@puppycanducruiseplease wish your DM a very Happy Birthday for me; you're so lucky to still have her in your life.

@Vict0riannsending good vibes for your radiation therapy and also that DH's TAVI procedure will happen soon.  If you'd like, email me at ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com and we can talk about the procedure.

@kazuI'm so glad you were able to check in to let us know how you and Ivan are doing.  I'm sorry the vascular surgeon was so unhelpful - it could have been a tele-health call, rather than having you even go to the office.  How frustrating for you!  I hope you get a call quickly about your cataract surgery.

Even though it's raining and kind of blustery out there, I'm heading out for lunch with a friend from high school.  We reconnected a couple of months ago (after more than 40 years apart) and she's back in town with her daughter who has meetings, so we're going to get together again.  Should be fun.

I'm going to pass on the drink, would like the wine, and I've had Panera's tomato-basil soup and really like it, so will take down the recipe to use for later in the season when it gets cooler.  I've got a couple of hamburger patties thawing in the fridge that will go into the air fryer and we'll be having them and Greek salad on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who need them, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Graham @grapau27 your photos are very nice of the ports, and the food looks great.  I would love to see some of your ports that I haven't visited before, like Santander, Vigo and A Coruna (alternatively La Coruna).  Someday I hope.  Glad to hear you are home safely from your lovely cruise.

Jacqui @kazu prayers your surgery is soon and you can get your eyesight back on track.  Unfortunate about the vascular surgeon appointment.  Sending hugs your way!🤗

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham @grapau27 your photos are very nice of the ports, and the food looks great.  I would love to see some of your ports that I haven't visited before, like Santander, Vigo and A Coruna (alternatively La Coruna).  Someday I hope.  Glad to hear you are home safely from your lovely cruise.

Jacqui @kazu prayers your surgery is soon and you can get your eyesight back on track.  Unfortunate about the vascular surgeon appointment.  Sending hugs your way!🤗

Thank you Sandi.

All 3 ports are short walks into town.

I hope you have a wonderful time at your granddaughters wedding this weekend and good reports from your tests when you get back home.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Fleet Report , Sandi  and Today's Care List , Vanessa , very much appreciated . 

We were in Noumea , New Caledonia on a transition cruise from Auckland to Vancouver in April of 2013 on the Oosterdam and we had formed a nice small group tour with a local guide.

We made a few stops in the town and than went to a large park and a had some nice refreshing coconuts at the guides home .

Don't know why Martha was frowning , it was a nice little treat on a warm day .

Very nice day was had by all and it was also really nice to learn about a different culture on these French South Pacific Islands. New Caledonian soils contain about 25 % of the worlds nickel . 

Next stop Suva, Fiji 

Tony 😄

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the FleetReport , Sandi today and Today's Care List , Vanessa , very much appreciated . 

We were in Noumea , New Caledonia on a transition cruise from Auckland to Vancouver in April of 2013 on the Oosterdam and we had formed a nice small group tour with a local guide.

We made a few stops in the town and than went to a large park and a had some nice refreshing coconuts at the guides home .

image.jpeg.092fc96f235f88347ba8eecc8ceae6f1.jpeg

image.jpeg.807a30fe10f3034c10bc202b2c874d72.jpeg

image.jpeg.ce3fa818425f068bbfdc0e786ba72bf7.jpeg

image.jpeg.48d12ec78d15f833de7b6717d4dc2291.jpeg

image.jpeg.bf319b4d060dbeebe4f2dc5c0157467f.jpeg

image.jpeg.d004de67b9845d1c758f45f7f1c5dcc0.jpeg

image.jpeg.89efbedfb100c8db025487528391a1c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.d638e5ff6d4ace690285a22c7e015dc2.jpeg

image.jpeg.cbea41b1a0eaeea07366c70aef3184fa.jpeg

Don't know why Martha was frowning , it was a nice little treat on a warm day .

image.jpeg.189be3f23659799aa3904204b376a3a3.jpeg

image.jpeg.40ea84993011df94800b3cf723025c26.jpeg

Very nice day was had by all and it was also really nice to learn about a different culture on these French South Pacific Islands. New Caledonian soils contain about 25 % of the worlds nickel . 

Next stop Suva, Fiji 

Tony 😄

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7