One or two laundry bags on 14-day cruise?

Asawi

I'm currently on Star on a 14 day cruise. I have read numerous posts here saying it's 2 free bags (Platinum) on a 2-week cruise. To be sure I asked the Cruise Next person and she was very adamant: One bag per cruise. No matter how long!

I don't really need two, so no big deal, but a little bit interested in your thoughts on this. I have another two week cruise coming up later where there migh be a bigger need.

That's a question I would enjoy hearing the answer to as well. We are both Platinum and are currently set to board the Pearl in November on a 23-day B2B, where the second leg is 14 days.

Back in Oct 2022 when we were on a Jade B2B where each leg was 19 days, each Platinum member got 2 free bags of laundry per leg. Unfortunately, we didn't make Platinum until after that cruise was over. However, that was then.

We are also booked on a 22-day "single itinerary" cruise in Apr 2026 and are curious how many free bags of laundry we will each get on that 3-week cruise as well.

• Like 1

go into your account, click latitude rewards, tier benefits. you get 1 free bag, regardless of cruise length. only time this changes is you take a b2b which is actually 2 separate cruises. but still only 1 free per cruise. most of the time there is a sale price reduction.

by the way, my wife has an uncanny knack for stuffing as much laundry into the bag as humanly possible

We've always had one free bag each (husband and I are both Platinum) for each week, so a total of 4 free bags on a two week cruise.  Never a problem.  We travel very light and usually for about a month.  We like to schedule a cruise with a week on land at either end.  By the time we board we are already running out of clean clothes so we send laundry out right away and then again near the end of the cruise so we have enough clothes for the remainder of our trip. 

• Like 1

I asked the CN manager on a 12-day cruise what the policy was. They said 1 bag/full week. Meaning 2 bags for 14 days or more. Past CN folks have basically said that it's up to each CN manager to determine which is why the answers probably vary.

I guess worst case would be if you sent in a 2nd bag with your latitudes # on it they would either charge you nothing or give it to you for half-price (another latitudes benefit).

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BVILady said:

I have not seen any bookable laundry bags (I am not Platinum), usually prebooked laundry bags are cheaper then sending clothing to the laundry. Any insight to that?

Never seen any such prebook for laundry bags.....

• Thanks 1

We were on a 19 day cruise earlier this year and the Cruise Next desk told us we were only allowed 1 bag per person for the whole cruise.  This was different from all the other times we've cruised, but, they were adamant that we could only have 1 bag each.  This was on the Viva so I don't know if they have different rules for different ships....? Or different rules dependent on who you ask.....

• Like 1

I have always done one bag a week for free since becoming Platinum and above. You don’t need another coupon. Just write Platinum Latitudes on the bag.

I was on the Star (with you!) last summer for 23 days and submitted laundry three times. This was a B2B so I had two coupons and just asked the room steward for another bag.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 2

If it is any consolation, this summer on the Escape, the bag seemed to be about 30% larger than previous bags.  Maybe just on Escape, who knows?

For longer cruises, there seems to be a discount around day 3 or 4, you can use that, then the freebie later.

From the free behind the scenes, daily laundry loading is bedding, towels, crew uniforms, then customer items. Early in the cruise customer items are easier to handle than later in the cruise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

If it is any consolation, this summer on the Escape, the bag seemed to be about 30% larger than previous bags.  Maybe just on Escape, who knows?

For longer cruises, there seems to be a discount around day 3 or 4, you can use that, then the freebie later.

From the free behind the scenes, daily laundry loading is bedding, towels, crew uniforms, then customer items. Early in the cruise customer items are easier to handle than later in the cruise. 

Yes, they went back to the larger bags, probably at the same time they upped the price to $34.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 3:37 AM, Panhandle Couple said:

On the Escape right now and submitted a bag of laundry today. I can verify that the bag was bigger than in the past.

We still haven’t received a consistent answer to whether EACH of us can get a bag (Platinum). As usual, it’s confusing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We still haven’t received a consistent answer to whether EACH of us can get a bag (Platinum). As usual, it’s confusing.

This part there shouldn't be any confusion about: it's per person! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Laundry benefit is, always has been, 1 bag per person, regardless of how often it repeats/cruise.

A few years ago the latitudes desk on the Getaway told me the official policy is indeed one bag per cruise regardless of lenght for the Platinum+ benefit but they do not really keep track of it so he told me to just write "Platinum free laundry bag" on the slip the second week and it shouldn't be a problem.  

I've done that on many 2 week cruises on various ships without any problems.