Live From the Wonder OTS, Western Caribbean, Sep 22-29

43 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

If you are an oyster fan they only serve them through night 3, after that they are disposed of (no way to keep them alive past day 3)...

That's me! I had 24 oysters last week...Day 7, lunch...I was in heaven. Not to mention the Chocolate Martini(s) :classic_smile:

* JMHO, we think Hooked for lunch is the best value onboard...$24.99.

Yes, Lobster and Filet included in the menu for lunch...incredible.

* Clam Chowder was to die for...but be careful not to eat so much...save room for the entree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's a question for those in the know. As I mentioned in my opening post, we have reserved an early fixed seating table for 2 in the MDR for the entire cruise, just in case we can't dine in the CK when we don't have a specialty restaurant booked. Right now, we have SRs booked on days 4 and 6 and plan to head to the nearest SR once we board the ship to make our Diamond+ BOGO reservations for days 1 and 2 along with a reservation at Hooked on day 3. This leaves days 5 and 7 open to dine in either the MDR or CK (if space is available).

Do we give up our standing early fixed seating table for 2 reservation if we don't check in with the MDR maître d' on the first day?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

On 9/19/2024 at 1:45 PM, Bead Pirate said:

Please don't kill the messenger...

Thumbnail

The weather forecast for this "short" 7-day cruise just seems to get more fascinating at every turn. I just took a closer look at your "Tropical Tidbits" weather map and realized it was for 00z Sep 29, 2024 (Zulu time) or 8 pm EDT (Sep 28).  If the projected path holds true, this storm should start building on Tuesday in the Caribbean just east of Roatan, then spin around the western Gulf of Mexico below Texas on Thursday. Then on Friday it starts to head east. 

Update: While I was typing this post, I noticed Windy made a forecast correction and it now has the projected storm making a more northeasterly move into Alabama Saturday afternoon, hopefully allowing for a calmer disembarkation process once we arrive back at Port Canaveral Sunday morning. 

image.png.222a8993915f72b49b2b3ffa5dcf88b3.png

However, our drive back home to Alabama on Sunday may be a little wet! 😂

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hey Ken...here's a question for you.  I'll be on Wonder in February, and I had wanted to have dinner at "Hooked", but it only shows that "Hooked" is serving lunch, not dinner.  Does your cruise offer it for dinner?

For those of you that just came off of Wonder, was dinner available at "Hooked" for your cruise?

TIA

I have it booked for dinner for next Monday night

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just checked the App and dinner is served at Hooked Seafood from 5-9 pm every evening and for lunch on days 3 and 7.

Thank you, Ken!  I still didn't see it offered on my cruise.  I booked lunch one day at Hooked, but I really was hoping to do Dinner there.  

OK, the household choirs are done, and the bags are packed! All we need to do now is get in the car and head towards Titusville FL, where we will spend the night and board the Wonder at Port Canaveral tomorrow morning! So, I guess without further to do, it's time to get this party started!! 🕺💃

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The weather forecast for this "short" 7-day cruise just seems to get more fascinating at every turn. I just took a closer look at your "Tropical Tidbits" weather map and realized it was for 00z Sep 29, 2024 (Zulu time) or 8 pm EDT (Sep 28).  If the projected path holds true, this storm should start building on Tuesday in the Caribbean just east of Roatan, then spin around the western Gulf of Mexico below Texas on Thursday. Then on Friday it starts to head east. 

Update: While I was typing this post, I noticed Windy made a forecast correction and it now has the projected storm making a more northeasterly move into Alabama Saturday afternoon, hopefully allowing for a calmer disembarkation process once we arrive back at Port Canaveral Sunday morning. 

image.png.222a8993915f72b49b2b3ffa5dcf88b3.png

However, our drive back home to Alabama on Sunday may be a little wet! 😂

Yikes, I'm sailing out of Miami Monday the 30th, looks like I'm gonna have another rainy day in CocoCay. 

Happy sailing day, have a great week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2024 at 9:18 PM, Luckynana said:

Hey Ken...here's a question for you.  I'll be on Wonder in February, and I had wanted to have dinner at "Hooked", but it only shows that "Hooked" is serving lunch, not dinner.  Does your cruise offer it for dinner?

For those of you that just came off of Wonder, was dinner available at "Hooked" for your cruise?

TIA

We’re on Wonder now and I brought this to the officer’s attention when we were there for lunch. He was very surprised when I showed him the app. He promised to look into it. 

• Thanks 1

After having a wonder dinner with family on the coast at the Funky Pelican in Palm Coast FL, we headed south for about an hour to get to our very reasonably priced hotel in Titusville, which is right up the road from Port Canaveral.

image.jpeg.63c671646a74ea37901f8ba5bb6aab6b.jpeg 

Tomorrow morning it will be a short drive from Titusville (top left) to Port Canaveral (bottom right) for our 11:30 am check-in time.

image.png.85b5eacf53e6bdae877b08e525acc5b7.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATG said:

We’re on Wonder now and I brought this to the officer’s attention when we were there for lunch. He was very surprised when I showed him the app. He promised to look into it. 

Wow!  Thank you!😊   We're on Wonder on February 2nd.  Thank you again!

There appears to be three MDRs, one each on Decks 3, 4 and 5, all in the aft. If you have an early fixed seating table for 2 reservation, how do you know which MDR to initially check in at?

Also, can we order a glass of wine at dinner in the MDR using one of the 5 drink coupons we get daily for being Diamond+, or do we have to get our glasses of wine from a bar before going to the MDR?

I know we will probably find out the answers to these questions tomorrow once we visit a MDR to let them know what days we have made SD reservations on. But just thought I’d be proactive just in case someone might know.

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

There appears to be three MDRs, one each on Decks 3, 4 and 5, all in the aft. If you have an early fixed seating table for 2 reservation, how do you know which MDR to initially check in at?

It will be printed on your cabin key - the dining room and the table number.

I would go before dinner and make sure the table you got assigned is what you asked for. On our cruise on Independence last week we got assigned to a large shared table instead of private table for 2. Restaurant managers should be there (probably on deck 3) all day helping people fix issues like that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TripsYouMustDo said:

It will be printed on your cabin key - the dining room and the table number.

I would go before dinner and make sure the table you got assigned is what you asked for. On our cruise on Independence last week we got assigned to a large shared table instead of private table for 2. Restaurant managers should be there (probably on deck 3) all day helping people fix issues like that.

Thanks! We will definitely ask that specific question about our table size! 😁

We’re leaving her in great shape for you to enjoy. We both love Wonder. We’ll be back for a B2B in January/February and then again in march. The beds were the most comfortable we’ve had on any ship. Food was great and service friendly. The only thing we didn’t love was the Crown Lounge- kind of dark and no windows. But lots of other places to go.

You can order your wine and alcoholic beverages in the MDR, and if you select wine as your C&A amenity, you can bring it to the dining table. Mo would bring hers, they would swap it out for one that is chilled. No corkage fee. I think we got 3 bottles per 7 day cruise.

• Thanks 1