Orlando Airport Transfer from Ship Questions

DLKC

Hi - We will be sailing on Adventure next spring and have been looking at the RCCL airport transfer/transportation following the cruise.  We have cruised often but never at Port Canaveral, and we have never used the RCCL transportation.  There will be a group of 6 adults.
If you have used it, how did it work?  Were you pleased with it?

Edited by DLKC
Forgot an important detail.

4 minutes ago, DLKC said:

Hi - We will be sailing on Adventure next spring and have been looking at the RCCL airport transfer/transportation following the cruise.  We have cruised often but never at Port Canaveral, and we have never used the RCCL transportation.  
If you have used it, how did it work?  Were you pleased with it?

We had no problem getting an Uber when we got off the ship.  Depending on the size of your group, it may be cheaper.  We paid around $100 with tip, but that was from the port to one of Disney’s resorts, which was a longer trip than to the airport. 

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had no problem getting an Uber when we got off the ship.  Depending on the size of your group, it may be cheaper.  We paid around $100 with tip, but that was from the port to one of Disney’s resorts, which was a longer trip than to the airport. 

Was that $100 for 2 people?  The RCCL airport transfer is less than $30 per person.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We've used Cruise Control (roundtrip) for our extended family of 6. Booked a private shuttle with them and it couldn't have worked out better. OP give them a call.

888 416-8830

@AshlandThank You! We used them based on your advice.

Used Cruise Control roundtrip and they were outstanding. They were prompt and the drivers texted us when approaching our hotel and the cruise terminal. $25/person each way.

Curious as to how much they charged you for 6...was it still $25/person each way? Thanks again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

@AshlandThank You! We used them based on your advice.

Used Cruise Control roundtrip and they were outstanding. They were prompt and the drivers texted us when approaching our hotel and the cruise terminal. $25/person each way.

Curious as to how much they charged you for 6...was it still $25/person each way? Thanks again.

Glad it worked out for you. I got a great price from Cory at Cruise Control since his company was fairly new at the time and when I talked with him he knew I was a CC contributor. I've recommended them so many times and feel very comfortable doing so.

Again, very happy you too had a great experience.

• Like 2

We have used the Royal provided bus transportation with no problems. They have several waiting when you get off the ship. You sign up ahead of time. You take your luggage to the check in point which isn’t far from where you exit the building. The driver will load your bags. From what I recall the bus will leave when it is full. The travel time is about an hour to the airport. They will drop you off on the lower level.
We had a late departure, after 6PM so they assigned us to one of the last embarkation times. We still got there around noon. RC may have started the bag check system again where you leave you bags outside your door and they are checked through to your airline. That way you don’t have to deal with your luggage at all.

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral for the first time last week for the wonder of the seas. We used Airport Canaveral to take us from the airport to our hotel. (Hampton Inn and suites at Port Canaveral.) The next morning we used the hotel shuttle (which happened to be provided by Airport Canaveral) to get to the ship. On the return, we used Royal Caribbeans shuttle to take us from the ship to the airport. Since we had a later flight, we were on their last shuttle that got us off the ship at 8:30. Everything was extremely convenient and smooth.

3 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral for the first time last week for the wonder of the seas. We used Airport Canaveral to take us from the airport to our hotel. (Hampton Inn and suites at Port Canaveral.) The next morning we used the hotel shuttle (which happened to be provided by Airport Canaveral) to get to the ship. On the return, we used Royal Caribbeans shuttle to take us from the ship to the airport. Since we had a later flight, we were on their last shuttle that got us off the ship at 8:30. Everything was extremely convenient and smooth.

@RCCLNYMETS41we were also on the Wonder last week.

Question: Where there any restaurants nearby (walking distance) from your hotel? Thanks.

5 hours ago, teaysvalley said:

We have used the Royal provided bus transportation with no problems. They have several waiting when you get off the ship. You sign up ahead of time. You take your luggage to the check in point which isn’t far from where you exit the building. The driver will load your bags. From what I recall the bus will leave when it is full. The travel time is about an hour to the airport. They will drop you off on the lower level.
We had a late departure, after 6PM so they assigned us to one of the last embarkation times. We still got there around noon. RC may have started the bag check system again where you leave you bags outside your door and they are checked through to your airline. That way you don’t have to deal with your luggage at all.

Thanks -- the luggage handling is one of our questions - I recall reading (some time ago) that RCCL did the airport luggage check-in so passengers didn't have to find the luggage at port and drag it anywhere.  But, I can't find any details on RCCL about the process now.  Hubby did some digging and it looks like Seattle might be the only port where that is done now.  Guess I should call them to find out.

6 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Thanks. Did you go through customs as usual and pick up your luggage and take it to the shuttle?

2 hours ago, DLKC said:

Thanks. Did you go through customs as usual and pick up your luggage and take it to the shuttle?

Yes, we pushed our wheeled luggage outside then to the left to a kiosk where the rep checked their list to make sure we signed up. We were directed us to a bus and the driver showed us where to leave our bags next to the bus. Very easy and a short distance from the exit. There was signage directing you to the RC buses.

One note of caution: we were watching the prior cruise passengers being dropped off at the airport as we were waiting for the bus to take us to the port. They corral the luggage outside then let the passengers off the bus. Apparently someone that got off up front was in a hurry grabbed the wrong bag and took off for their gate. We could see the RC attendant trying to help the affected group contact the person who left their bag behind. Just keep an eye on your bags as you’re waiting to get off the bus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DLKC said:

Thanks -- the luggage handling is one of our questions - I recall reading (some time ago) that RCCL did the airport luggage check-in so passengers didn't have to find the luggage at port and drag it anywhere.  But, I can't find any details on RCCL about the process now.  Hubby did some digging and it looks like Seattle might be the only port where that is done now.  Guess I should call them to find out.

We got to use it a couple of times before they stopped it. It was so convenient. You never saw your luggage again until you arrived at your home airport. And, they checked you in to your flight and left the boarding passes in your room the last evening. I’m hoping they start it back up.