Introducing Norwegian Luna!

romalley99

Such a bummer she is sailing in the Caribbean in the summer time.  That means both Aqua and Luna are doing summer sailings in the Caribbean in 2026, and with Prima sailing to Bermuda in the summer, that only leaves 1 Prima-class ship, the Viva, sailing in Europe.  I've been to those same Caribbean islands so many times, was really hoping they would have 2 Prima-class ships in Europe like they did this year (I sailed Viva in Med and it was awesome!)

Edited by Phamer55
  • Like 1

I can understand why she`s sailing in the Caribbean. The competition there is hard and many cruise lines(especially the US ones) are sailing with their newest and best ships there. The Caribbean is most likely the part of the world where the percentage of guests not leaving the ship while in port is the highest. So when deciding which cruise line to book the ship is a much more important reason  then e.g. in Europe where most people leave the ship in every port for 9-12 hours.

• Like 6

since we've sailed to many of the ports listed for the luna, im not rushing to book her, and as long as it's only caribbean sailings, probably not at all (to each his own)

just remember before you rush to book, june through nov is usually hurricane season In the Caribbean.

so, while it might feel/sound exciting to sail on a brand new ship, Caveat Emptor !

Love the colours!!! I feel like trying to choose between Luna and Aqua is like trying to choose which Pokemon game I prefer each generation - red or blue, Sun or Moon, Aqua or Luna!!! 🤣 

i was always more of a blue/purple chick over red/orange so here we are! 🥰😍

22 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

That means both Aqua and Luna are doing summer sailings in the Caribbean in 2026, and with Prima sailing to Bermuda in the summer, that only leaves 1 Prima-class ship, the Viva, sailing in Europe.

Dat be where da money is, bro.

Hope to book the Luna….but am interested in either November or early December. Wonder if she will be repositioned to Galveston or San Juan for the winter like Viva has been moved around. Hope it’s San Juan.😉

Edited by RMS Olympic
  • Like 1

We are booked on Aqua for a March 22, 2026 sailing. I didn't even know there was going to be a Luna.

I think we will stick with Aqua as it will be a year older by then and hopefully have kinks worked out. Although we could switch to Luna and do a late April sailing.

Anyone have thoughts on which would be better? They will pretty much be identical ships right? Does March vs April make a difference? Same itinerary.

We are new to cruising (relatively) so not sure if one will be better than the other.