Live-ish Standard Cruiser on Sun Princess Trans-Atlantic 9/23/24 - 10/9/24

Ombud

7 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

Only hiccup so far has been evening meal for @19.40,reserved meal for 2 (Booked months ago) on Deck 7 horizon. We got there at 19.30 and saw the biggest queue we have ever seen on a Princess ship (13 cruises).

This is one of the biggest things about Deck 7 dining.

Tons of people showing up at around 19:00 or so, even if they have no reservation.

Remember, it is walk-in as well.

One kind of has to weave thru, forward, and tell staff you are there for your reservation.

They might have had a table for you, even if you did wait for a few minutes.

Maybe that is what was going on, and you didn't realize that you should go ahead and go up thru the queue?

Many times, the first night or two seem to be like this.  And things kind of settle in.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, timeforme said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13884981/Passengers-slam-Princess-Cruises-freeloading-influencers.htm

Hopefully you won’t suffer the same problems as the previous cruise

The passengers apparently don't know the "freeloading influencers" are invited guests of Princess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offtopic said:

For anyone currently on board with a package, how many bottles of water in 1 order can you order from room service for complementary delivery to the stateroom?

We don't order from room service but I've read that people get 4 at once.

That's what we get at the bar & about as much as you can comfortably carry in 2 hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Tons of people showing up at around 19:00 or so, even if they have no reservation.

One kind of has to weave thru, forward, and tell staff you are there for your reservation.

Maybe that is what was going on, and you didn't realize that you should go ahead and go up thru the queue?

Many times, the first night or two seem to be like this.  And things kind of settle in.

Exactly!

We would walk along deck 7 then down the stairs to the deck 6 MDR passing the hoards of people at the entrance to the deck 7 MDR. It looked a nightmare even at 7.30 pm  

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Why don't they have two lines. Reserve and walk-in? Very simple to fix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why don't they have two lines. Reserve and walk-in? Very simple to fix.

They do have two lines, with a sign, but the line is so long that you might be waiting for a while before to reach the sign to find out you've been waiting in the wrong line. 

I should have said, on other Princess ships.

Edited by 555
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 555 said:

They do have two lines, with a sign, but the line is so long that you might be waiting for a while before to reach the sign to find out you've been waiting in the wrong line. 

I should have said, on other Princess ships.

Why can't they move the sign to the entry way or even in the hall way if the lines are that big? Why not have someone standing at the end of the line telling others there is another reserve line?

Too easy to solve???????

What is happening to todays society? It is like we are in a fog! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why can't they move the sign to the entry way or even in the hall way if the lines are that big? Why not have someone standing at the end of the line telling others there is another reserve line?

Too easy to solve???????

Easy to say but unless you see the deck 7 MDR mess for yourself you can't appreciate the chaos as the lifts are right by the entrance. The queues back up to the staircase too! 

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Too easy to solve???????

You already know the answer. 😄

The crew doesn't do anything unless instructed by their boss.

• Haha 1

Just now, Esprit said:

Easy to say but unless you see the deck 7 MDR mess for yourself you can't appreciate the chaos as the lifts are right by the entrance too. The queues back up to the staircase too! 

Well we identified the easy part - the problem. Now, lets resolve the hard part - solution! 

Doesn't sound very good for a new ship with all the concerns. 

1 minute ago, 555 said:

You already know the answer. 😄

The crew doesn't do anything unless instructed by their boss.

So, we have a voice. They want us to complete surveys. Present the problem to them while on-board. If enough of us approach it correctly, we can be heard. If we only post on here, forget it. 

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Easy to say but unless you see the deck 7 MDR mess for yourself you can't appreciate the chaos as the lifts are right by the entrance. The queues back up to the staircase too! 

Don't they have comment cards on the ship, similar to the other Princess ships? Anytime I've filled one out I usually get a response from the manager of the dept. within a day or so.

Just now, 555 said:

Don't they have comment cards on the ship, similar to the other Princess ships? Anytime I've filled one out I usually get a response from the manager of the dept. within a day or so.

They do, but if you want to take it direct to Guest Services you will be greeted with another queue and more chaos 😂

They have a dedicate Elite desk but no roped off access to it. You get filthy looks if you jump the queue to get to the Elite desk 🙄 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

So, we have a voice. They want us to complete surveys. Present the problem to them while on-board. If enough of us approach it correctly, we can be heard. If we only post on here, forget it. 

I've been complaining (not on the survey) about a serious problem with the Medallions even since their introduction and to this day it remains the same. 

Sometime I wonder if their survey means anything at all. It's gotten so long and complicated I can't be bothered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 555 said:

I've been complaining (not on the survey) about a serious problem with the Medallions even since their introduction and to this day it remains the same. 

Sometime I wonder if their survey means anything at all. It's gotten so long and complicated I can't be bothered. 

I agree with you on the surveys. Some still give the 'I need 10s, anything less is bad.'

What is the problem you find with the Medallions other than spelling it? LOL

I think they are OK, except when people have used them in the PE Lounge thinking drinks were free and being charged the $x for the drink. Or the batteries run out to quick. 

1 minute ago, Esprit said:

They do, but if you want to take it direct to Guest Services you will be greeted with another queue and more chaos 😂

They have a dedicate Elite desk but no roped off access to it. You get filthy looks if you jump the queue to get to the Elite desk 🙄 

Ah, yes. Just line all the other ships. No one can figure out to setup a simple elite line without causing a ruckus. 

I no longer bother them during the day & since I'm up before 5 AM I eliminate the problem of waiting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

What is the problem you find with the Medallions other than spelling it?

Oh, they work OK but if you should lose it, anyone can gain access to your room given by the display boards throughout the ship.

That is until you either report it lost or have it replaced.

They just don't see this as a problem. 

8 minutes ago, 555 said:

Oh, they work OK but if you should lose it, anyone can gain access to your room given by the display boards throughout the ship.

That is until you either report it lost or have it replaced.

They just don't see this as a problem. 

How would they know which room was yours? Surely the same issue as with the old cruise cards?

7 hours ago, timeforme said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13884981/Passengers-slam-Princess-Cruises-freeloading-influencers.htm

Hopefully you won’t suffer the same problems as the previous cruise

Not sure why this link - I’ve also tried it from another thread - will only take me to a flattering article about the Sun Princess 🥴

I want the details!! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

How would it be any different if it were an actual key, or a card?

Don't lose your medallion, folks!!

8 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

How would they know which room was yours? Surely the same issue as with the old cruise cards?

The cruise cards don't have you cabin number printed on them.

The kiosks will present you room location & even a route to get you there from that location. 

When I mentioned to security about having a cabin number printed on the cards they just said it wouldn't be a good idea in case you lost the card. 

Go figure. 

1 minute ago, 555 said:

The cruise cards don't have you cabin number printed on them.

The kiosks will present you room location & even a route to get you there from that location. 

When I mentioned to security about having a cabin number printed on the cards they just said it wouldn't be a good idea in case you lost the card. 

Go figure. 

Amazing how things change. Years ago they had cabins on cards. People complained. 

OMG what's the answer?

10 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Not sure why this link - I’ve also tried it from another thread - will only take me to a flattering article about the Sun Princess 🥴

I want the details!! 

Original article was very different and if you read the comments following the article then you can see just how bad the publicity was but then it was deleted and replaced by a flattering one but they left the original comments! There were lots of social media posts and quotes from passengers who were very upset. Also many photos of the vloggers and VIPs and just what a circus the paying passengers had to endure. Link below is to one of the TikTokers who had been on since Barcelona. There are many more of her TikTok videos showing her time spent on board. https://www.tiktok.com/@beckijones4/video/7418240376395402528?q=becki jones cruise&t=1727199165625