Help Wine Menu ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We purchased the deluxe/premium drink package for our upcoming trip but due to health issues and taking beta blockers and blood thinner medications I decided I must not drink hard alcohol.  Question, does anybody have any of the wine lists?  There are wines I do not like such as castle rock, Woodbridge, bringer and others that actually "get to my head".  If anybody can tell me what roses, pinot Grigio and sauvignon blanc brands Royal offers, this will enable for me to decide if its worth keeping the deluxe/premium drink package.  If you can show menu's that be even greater so I know what brands can be found where, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

If you can show menu's that be even greater so I know what brands can be found where, thank you.

Set the app to the current sailing of the ship you will sail and look in the various bars/MDR for a list of wines. Those may or may not be actually available on your sailing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kdmansfield said:

I think I've had Danzante Pinot Grigio on every ship the past 5 years included in the drink package. 

Make that 10 years!

There is a delicious Bon Jovi Hampton Water rose wine.  Or Whispering Angel rose ( but that price varies by ship any may not be within your allowance) 

• Like 2

On our last couple of cruises they usually had Whispering Angel, Kim Crawford SB, Danzante Pinot Grigio, and various Kendall Jackson. (Depending on bar, as some bars were consistently out of one or the other.) It seems like the Kendall Jackson brand is their default when supplies are 'low'. They also always had some type of moscato available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Make that 10 years!

There is a delicious Bon Jovi Hampton Water rose wine.  Or Whispering Angel rose ( but that price varies by ship any may not be within your allowance) 

Hello, I truly appreciate you giving me the brands, although I do not care for danzante I do love whispering angel and the Bon Jovi I definately will give it a try.  As long as I have whispering angel I am keeping the package, thank you.

53 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

As long as I have whispering angel I am keeping the package, thank you.

This is not guaranteed. On one cruise in the last year, they never had it. On another cruise, certain bars had it. 

• Like 1

I’m currently on Wonder. For rose by the glass they have Chateau Ste. Michelle and Whispering Angel. Some bars and restaurants will have both and some will only have one. 

Note that some ships only sell Whispering Angel by the bottle and sometimes they are out of stock. But if they only sell by the bottle your drink package will give you 40% off the bottle price ($55). Out 

• Like 1

Rock wine list are different at different restaurants, I really like some of the wines by the bottle, you do get a 40 percent discount I believe since you bought the package on all wine bottles under a hundred. What ship, the more specialty restaurants the more choices. You should be able to find something you like by the glass, we are picky .

• Like 1

Decoy Cabernet is normally available, sometimes you may need to exceed the package value, if they say any package includes anything up to 17 dollars and you order a 19 dollar glass, you just pay difference and tip so it would cost you 2.40.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We purchased the deluxe/premium drink package for our upcoming trip but due to health issues and taking beta blockers and blood thinner medications I decided I must not drink hard alcohol.  Question, does anybody have any of the wine lists?  There are wines I do not like such as castle rock, Woodbridge, bringer and others that actually "get to my head".  If anybody can tell me what roses, pinot Grigio and sauvignon blanc brands Royal offers, this will enable for me to decide if its worth keeping the deluxe/premium drink package.  If you can show menu's that be even greater so I know what brands can be found where, thank you.

If you plan on drinking wine only, is the deluxe pkg worth it?  How many glasses per day will you drink?

Remember each adult can bring one bottle of wine onboard on day 1.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1