The World is coming to Sydney 7th October 2024 until 10th October 2024

Just checking the Sydney Harbour Cruise Schedule and noticed that The World- Residences at Sea will be visiting Sydney Australia arriving 10am on  7th October 2024 departing at 11pm on the  10th October 2024.

Perhaps you might be interested in buying a residence on board? There are 165 apartments on board 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 1 and 2 bedroom ocean studios 

Launched in 2002. The World is said to be the planet's largest private residential yacht- the only ship of it's kind currently in operation.

C

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Just checking the Sydney Harbour Cruise Schedule and noticed that The World- Residences at Sea will be visiting Sydney Australia arriving 10am on  7th October 2024 departing at 11pm on the  10th October 2024.

Perhaps you might be interested in buying a residence on board? There are 165 apartments on board 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 1 and 2 bedroom ocean studios 

Launched in 2002. The World is said to be the planet's largest private residential yacht- the only ship of it's kind currently in operation.

C

It was here at the beginning of 2018 (or maybe 2017). We had been invited onboard Crystal Symphony for the afternoon and The World was docked right behind. 

Who came up with such a clever idea?  Imagine having the World as your base and flying off wherever you wished.Then return to cruise your favourite parts of the world.  

Has anyone on here cruised on it or live on it?

She tends to spend time in Sydney every 3 years or so. I had a close look (from the outside) same time back somewhere on the other side of 2010.

Cruise every day for the next 20 years in balcony cabins on any contemporary cruise ship(s) of your choosing, and it will still be cheaper than buying a cabin on The World. Once aboard, you have significant service and management fees, so a bit out of my league. Actually, quite a lot out of my league.

• Like 1

We were docked next to The World in Victoria Canada when we were on the old Golden Princess in June 2017. It was the perfect opportunity to have a good sticky beak! I don’t know how many residents were onboard, but the majority of the people we saw seemed to be crew.

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Who came up with such a clever idea?  Imagine having the World as your base and flying off wherever you wished.Then return to cruise your favourite parts of the world.  

Has anyone on here cruised on it or live on it?

There were a couple of guys who we're loaned an apartment by a friend and who posted about their experiences.

Actually we met someone at a friend's Xmas party last year who done that - not sure if it was one of those guys though. I didn't think to ask him until too late. 

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think you'd need more than a good lotto win to be accepted as a resident on The World. I don't think they have big enough Lottos here.

And that, Ladies and Gents, was the moment her dreams were crushed.  

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If such arsy luck was bestowed upon me, I think I would like to cruise on every ship (of choice) and try and tick-off as many ports as possible.

We could wave at each other as our ships passed in the night, so to speak. 

• Like 1

How’s this for timing?  Today’s The Australian has a supplement on luxe living, and includes this page.  I shudder to think what the annual ownership fees are, on top of the stratospheric purchase prices.  I think I could manage the lifestyle, if forced.

IMG_6320.jpeg

• Like 2