Silversea cancels more cruises!

Port Power

I’ve just been informed that my 14 day March 2026 Caribbean cruise on Silver Ray has been cancelled due to “adjustment” of the ship’s itineraries.  This was the first part of back-to-back cruises, the send half a transatlantic to Portugal.  I have been offered a10% discount on another cruise if booked by October 31st, or a full refund.  Other connecting cruises on Silver Ray have not yet been announced.

I booked these cruises while on board Silver Dawn last year.  So there was a on board booking discount.  It was also during a suite upgrade promotion, so I had an aft facing Premier suit for the price of a classic veranda.  If I can booking another connecting cruise, my TA is demanding the same premier suite at the price of a classic veranda suite.  

If Silver Ray’s itinerary has been “adjusted”, why aren’t the new segments already known?  I am not flying to the USA for just a 14 day cruise.

These changes are not due to unforeseen global circumstances.  I am NOT happy!

At least it is too early to book flights, so I don’t have to make changes at a loss there.  But I have declined some other great cruises because of these ones.

Rather than just one ship’s changed, I hope guests from any ship can vent here.

By the way, I am not an “esteemed” guest any longer.  The email just started “Dear guest”.  ☹️

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I’ve just been informed that my 14 day March 2026 Caribbean cruise on Silver Ray has been cancelled due to “adjustment” of the ship’s itineraries.  This was the first part of back-to-back cruises, the send half a transatlantic to Portugal.  I have been offered a10% discount on another cruise if booked by October 31st, or a full refund.  Other connecting cruises on Silver Ray have not yet been announced.

I booked these cruises while on board Silver Dawn last year.  So there was a on board booking discount.  It was also during a suite upgrade promotion, so I had an aft facing Premier suit for the price of a classic veranda.  If I can booking another connecting cruise, my TA is demanding the same premier suite at the price of a classic veranda suite.  

If Silver Ray’s itinerary has been “adjusted”, why aren’t the new segments already known?  I am not flying to the USA for just a 14 day cruise.

These changes are not due to unforeseen global circumstances.  I am NOT happy!

At least it is too early to book flights, so I don’t have to make changes at a loss there.  But I have declined some other great cruises because of these ones.

Rather than just one ship’s changed, I hope guests from any ship can vent here.

By the way, I am not an “esteemed” guest any longer.  The email just started “Dear guest”.  ☹️

So sorry to hear this!  I sincerely hope that something awesome gets offered!  🥰

• Like 1

More “adjustments”!  The March 20th 2026 transatlantic cruise has now been changed to March 10th.  Still just a “guest” and not longer esteemed. ☹️. I can rebook with a 10% discount or cancel with a full refund.  However, still no attachment of new routes the ship is doing.

I am sorely tempted to cancel entirely and wipe my hands of Silversea!  Once again, I am just so glad that I have not yet booked my flights.

Anyone who wants to chime in with their frustration and changes and cancellations by SS, go ahead.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Port Power said:

I can rebook with a 10% discount or cancel with a full refund.  However, still no attachment of new routes the ship is doing.

This seems to be the new trend with SS; yet, how can one rebook when the new routes are not provided.  In June they cancelled my 2026 Whisper cruise simple bc they decided to adjust the schedules.  About 5 weeks later when they finally revealed the new plans, even with the 15% off offer I couldn't find anything I liked, so I booked the cruise elsewhere.  

• Like 2

So this morning we got the dear guest letter for our August 2026 cruises. this is the offer.

Option 1: Move to the below roundtrip Papeete, 14-day voyage aboard Silver Whisper -or- rebook on any other 2024/2025/2026 Silversea voyage:

Silver Whisper’s April 20, 2026, 14-day roundtrip Papeete voyage sails the exact itinerary as your initially booked voyage:

• Explores French Polynesia visiting Bora Bora, an overnight in Raiatea, Fakarava, Nuku Hiva, Fatu Hiva, Atuona-Hiva Oa, Tahuata, Rangiroa, and Moorea Island before arriving back to Papeete.

What you’ll receive:

• A 10% saving, limited to one new booking per cancelled booking made on or before October 31, 2024 (Full World Cruise/Grand Voyage excluded).
  • This offer will be applied after any other promotion or discount and is not offered to Net Deals (fare code NT and NX).
  • The promotions, discounts, or concessions made available on the original booking may not be available on the new booking and will be forfeited in case of future cancellations or voyage changes.

So we had booked the cruise in January this year. The total price was $A26200.

So looked at the April 20th 2026 and exactly the same cruise is now $A33200. Up 26.7%, So after the measly 10% off we are out of pocket $A3680.

What an Insult. The final nail in Silversea's coffin.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

If you cancel in these circumstances, how long are refunds taking?

When I canceled in July the refund showed on my credit card within hours (despite my SS rep saying it would take 2 weeks.)

• Like 1

Was alerted to the cancellation by drron.  I called my TA.  He knew nothing about it,but said he would check.  15 minutes later, he emails back, with yes, the cruise is cancelled.  How long would they had waited to tell me had I not been warned?  Then an hour later (convenient) I get an official cancellation email from Silversea with pretty much the same offer as drron.  We are looking at doing the April 2026 cruise, but I am wondering, what is going on with Whisper?  All cruises after April 2026 cancelled?  And not in a dangerous part of the world.  Are they selling the ship?

p

• Like 2

I'm being an optimist and hope they may be keeping the Whisper in the Southern Hemisphere.

year round so completely avoiding the Suez canal.

It seems they might keep the Spirit in the Southern hemisphere as there are no voyages after April 2025.

The Nova will spend a long time in the south through 2025/26. The Dawn sails through on world cruises but misses a lot of the ports that were on our cancelled cruises. Interestingly they are planning a Perth to Haifa segment in 2026 which surely will be cancelled.

We spent 70 days in the Med post covid on the Dawn and Moon so it holds little draw for us. We really wanted to cruise the Indian Ocean with India and Sri Lanka. They had better pull their finger out with such itineraries if they do plan not to drop those places as they are only giving the guests that have had those cruises cancelled until October 31st to book a replacement.

• Like 2

Cancelled cruise: Received late yesterday (25th) an email from Silversea advising that our cruise in Feb/Mar 2026 to Africa on the Silver Muse is cancelled due to geopolitical situation in neighboring countries, not sure if they have a crystal ball for 2026 but so far it suggests alternate cruises in the same region and same/similar itinerary for 2025!!! A smokescreen perhaps as I looked further into their 2026 offerings to far flung and exotic places and many others show 'wait list' which could mean that they too are withdrawn or about to be. I have requested via our TA to find out more about this and when will Silversea launch their full 2026 offerings of cruises so that we can make an informed decision on whether to book a new cruise or take back our deposit.

Also can they extend the deadline of October 31st if necessary to make more choices. Maybe a couple of months back when we increased our post cruise stay and they did not ask for a further deposit it was a clue of what lay ahead.If anyone else has further news or thoughts we would be interested to hear.

If it’s any consolation, it’s not just Silversea.

We had 2024 arrangements involving a Seabourn 14n Greece cruise. It got changed to a 7 day cruise - obviously the first week was given instead to a charter. To fit in with dates with an Azamara cruise, we booked Silver Dawn Norway and had a great cruise. so now we’re doing Silver Ray med next April.

We were lucky that at least Seabourn cancelled our cruise before we were committed to booked flights but we had started looking and could easily have been screwed. Like you, we were most certainly not happy. It has us a bit more gunshy about booking too early in future.

However, having seen cancellations occur across various cruise lines, we ill still book with these lines in future. They are as bad as each other but we do enjoy their cruise experiences.

Edited by AJCM
oversight
  • Like 1

Giving us only around five weeks to rebook when their schedules aren’t even published is ridiculous!  My poor TA will have a fight on his hands, I fear.  Especially as I will be demanding like-for-like value in a replacement cruise! 🥊

19 hours ago, Port Power said:

More “adjustments”!  The March 20th 2026 transatlantic cruise has now been changed to March 10th.  Still just a “guest” and not longer esteemed. ☹️. I can rebook with a 10% discount or cancel with a full refund.  However, still no attachment of new routes the ship is doing.

I am sorely tempted to cancel entirely and wipe my hands of Silversea!  Once again, I am just so glad that I have not yet booked my flights.

Anyone who wants to chime in with their frustration and changes and cancellations by SS, go ahead.

I will clarify that I can keep this cruise as booked, no extra charges, just an earlier departure date.  That might have been your query, @Syd58?

It is only if I choose to cancel (perhaps of the earlier departure doesn’t suit, for instance), then the other prisons to change or cancel will apply.

We were also booked on the March 14, 2026 Silver Ray cruise. To replace that, we booked our first cruise on Explora Journeys' Explora II. Less expensive and by all accounts the food is better. They also have a buffet option at dinner. Suites look beautiful. The 10-night EJ cruise has two overnights, the first in New Orleans, the second in Merida (Progreso). We like the itinerary. Fingers crossed.  

We had this a few weeks ago with a 27 night cruise/crossing, consisting of 2 x 7 plus 1 x 13 nights. Dates and itineraries changed and the best they could offer was 7 nights in the Caribbean (different ports) and the 13 night crossing but a month earlier!

We cancelled as it didn’t fit in with our plans or meet our original objectives. Still no sign of the refund yet - due to “…a system error…” at their end, apparently.

Very disappointed, but I guess these things happen - but it’s not much consolation tbh. (This was on Silver Spirit.)

Edited by Pies4u
Amendment - added info.

8 hours ago, AJCM said:

If it’s any consolation, it’s not just Silversea.

We had 2024 arrangements involving a Seabourn 14n Greece cruise. It got changed to a 7 day cruise - obviously the first week was given instead to a charter. To fit in with dates with an Azamara cruise, we booked Silver Dawn Norway and had a great cruise. so now we’re doing Silver Ray med next April.

We were lucky that at least Seabourn cancelled our cruise before we were committed to booked flights but we had started looking and could easily have been screwed. Like you, we were most certainly not happy. It has us a bit more gunshy about booking too early in future.

However, having seen cancellations occur across various cruise lines, we ill still book with these lines in future. They are as bad as each other but we do enjoy their cruise experiences.

We also recently had the experience of a cancelled Greece cruise on Crystal.  This and other cancellations and changed ports across cruise lines has made us tired of the unreliability.  So for the foreseeable future we have decided to focus more on land-based trips.

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We were also booked on the March 14, 2026 Silver Ray cruise. To replace that, we booked our first cruise on Explora Journeys' Explora II. Less expensive and by all accounts the food is better. They also have a buffet option at dinner. Suites look beautiful. The 10-night EJ cruise has two overnights, the first in New Orleans, the second in Merida (Progreso). We like the itinerary. Fingers crossed.  

We are long time Silversea clients and we tried Explora earlier this year: the food is not better, the service is not better, and the suites are not better.  The Explora One was a very nice ship (gorgeous interior though so many design flaws) but Explora is a very different product: we had a nice time and would do cruise with Explora again (its all about itinerary and price) but Explora has a lot to learn in order to be considered a true luxury line.  For now, we will continue to cruise primarily with Silversea.

The itinerary changes that are  going on INDUSTRY WIDE are Mid-East related:  moving ships EMPTY from Europe to Asia/Africa/India is expensive and time consuming.  Silversea (and other lines) are doing this for 2024 and 2025 seasons because there was little choice (no one thought that the Mid-East situation would continue for so long), but moving empty ships for 40+ days is not going to happen in 2026 and thus itineraries are subject to change (Silversea is feeling the pain here as its vessels travel the world, where Explora for example does not get beyond Europe and the Caribbean).  It stinks - there is nothing smart to say - but until the Suez Canal and Red Sea are again safe for travel (meaning safety for a multi million dollar vessel loaded with ""rich"" Americans and Europeans....think "Target"), cruising choices will be lijmited and impacted.  I just read that the insurance costs of sending a vessel WITHOUT passengers though the subject area are astronomical even if a line was willing to take such a chance. This Board has evolved into a Silversea ""***** & Moan"" forum, but the itinerary crisis that is being discussed is not on Silversea.  

By the way, our December 2024 cruise (Dawn, 18 nights, Mumbai to Singapore) was cancelled and we had to rework our trip: Silversea was very cooperative in every respect.  I have no complaints.

Last, my partner and I have a home in Fort Lauderdale: we are there primarily over the winter, maybe we an say hello to each other in real life.  Lets hope Hurricane Helene does not create many issues for Fort Lauderdale.

One more point, the cancellations are affecting cruises that do not involve the middle east (I see that certain Pacific cruises are now subject to cancellation, for example) because fleet wide deployment is being studied.

Certain ships may stay in the Pacific (Alaska, Polynesia, Japan, Australia) while others will focus on Europe, the Americas and Caribbean.  SO much for exotic world cruises and itineraries which include India, certain parts of Asia, the Indian Ocean and Africa.  So disappointing.