Celebrity sunset sails in Aruba?

workinmom3

Anyone know the difference between the two excursions offered in Aruba for sunset sails?  One is $50.99 and one is $55.99 and both seem to be on catamarans. Was also wondering if anyone had done the schooner sail which I see is on the Monteforte. 
We usually don’t book excursions through the ship but considering one of these for our day in Aruba. Thanks

15 minutes ago, workinmom3 said:

Anyone know the difference between the two excursions offered in Aruba for sunset sails?  One is $50.99 and one is $55.99 and both seem to be on catamarans. Was also wondering if anyone had done the schooner sail which I see is on the Monteforte. 
We usually don’t book excursions through the ship but considering one of these for our day in Aruba. Thanks

Have done both.  Not really a sunset cruise depending on the time of year.  They were ok but wouldn't do them again.  November cruise was quite chilly.  They both serve cocktails and they do have music.

A bit off topic but just to offer a different spin.  As Aruba typically is a late night port departure, we usually choose to watch the sunset over dinner from one of several very good beach front restaurants that are within 15 minutes or so of the ship.  Excellent food and atmosphere on one of our favorite ports of call.  Typically less expensive than any ship based experience.  Here is a picture of the sunset captured at dinner on the island from our most recent cruise visit there last NYE.

Aurba sunset.jpg

• Like 1

We go to Aruba every year for our land vacay. We really like the Pelican sunset cruise and then dinner right there at Pelican Pier afterwards. So reasonable, delicious, and a great time. We have done this a few times and will likely do it again when we are there in January. If you want to see a sunset from a restaurant, I highly recommend Barefoot. It’s close to the cruise port. One of the few places you can see a cruise ship leave, a plane land, and the sunset at the same time. It’s beautiful and the food and drinks are wonderful. You can make a reservation on their website for a table on the beach at sunset. Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

If you want to see a sunset from a restaurant, I highly recommend Barefoot. It’s close to the cruise port. One of the few places you can see a cruise ship leave, a plane land, and the sunset at the same time. It’s beautiful and the food and drinks are wonderful. You can make a reservation on their website for a table on the beach at sunset. Enjoy!

The picture I posted was from Pinchos, about a block up from Barefoot.  Also very good and has over the water seating, from which that picture was taken.

We will be back there in November and plan to have dinner at Barefoot this time.

59 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The picture I posted was from Pinchos, about a block up from Barefoot.  Also very good and has over the water seating, from which that picture was taken.

We will be back there in November and plan to have dinner at Barefoot this time.

I know it was from Pinchos. I don’t care for that place, especially since the last time we were there, there were bugs in my leftover bag. It was disgusting 😂

I know it was from Pinchos. I don’t care for that place, especially since the last time we were there, there were bugs in my leftover bag. It was disgusting 😂

That's a shame as our experience was quite good.  But then again, we had no leftovers.....

But either way I would suggest to anyone on a late cruise departure in Aruba to find a place and have dinner on shore.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That's a shame as our experience was quite good.  But then again, we had no leftovers.....

But either way I would suggest to anyone on a late cruise departure in Aruba to find a place and have dinner on shore.  

I totally agree!

on  one of our cruises, group from our roll call did a sunset cruise..perfect timing for them..We got  a nice telephoto shot for them as they passed by our balcony!

But an excursion not needed..8 

We prefer Black Pearl.   It only holds 20 people Everyone gets a seat      No loud music.   THree snorkle stops    It uses stairs and not a ladder.   Feeds us grill cheese and water melon.   Open bar. 

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

We prefer Black Pearl.   It only holds 20 people Everyone gets a seat      No loud music.   THree snorkle stops    It uses stairs and not a ladder.   Feeds us grill cheese and water melon.   Open bar. 

I don’t think the sunset cruise offers snorkeling…….but I can be wrong

I don’t think the sunset cruise offers snorkeling…….but I can be wrong

Hi Purplsmurf! It's been awhile since we have chatted.  For the last several years, we've been spending time in your neck of the woods, spending a week or two at ABC before moving to our timeshare at Renaissance.  I believe that you guys stay at Casa Del Mar?? We were there last February when most of the beach was washed away. It made for an interesting and very different experience. 

We've been on Black Pearl for the sunset cruise.  They do offer snorkeling during that sail. I highly recommend it.  Sorry to hear about your experience at Pinchos.  We love it, but if we'd had your experience,  we'd never go back. 

2 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

Hi Purplsmurf! It's been awhile since we have chatted.  For the last several years, we've been spending time in your neck of the woods, spending a week or two at ABC before moving to our timeshare at Renaissance.  I believe that you guys stay at Casa Del Mar?? We were there last February when most of the beach was washed away. It made for an interesting and very different experience. 

We've been on Black Pearl for the sunset cruise.  They do offer snorkeling during that sail. I highly recommend it.  Sorry to hear about your experience at Pinchos.  We love it, but if we'd had your experience,  we'd never go back. 

Hey! Yes, it has been awhile. Good to know about the sunset cruise. Learn something new everyday! Yes, we stay at Casa Del Mar. The beach was great when we arrived mid January, but not mid February 😩. I remember it well. We were at Marriott for dinner and couldn’t even sit on the beach because it was so windy and rainy. To see waves in Palm Beach isn’t common so we knew it would be bad for us. Already looking forward to our trip in January……but first have a TA to take!