Currently on Eclipse until 11 October, 2024. Have questions, just ask!

cruisestitch

11 hours ago, Novasmom said:

I am not finding an email on the website and they had me in que 48 minutes till i had to leave.ugh

Here's a link I used...... they were quite helpful.  Says RCCL, but this was a Celebrity request.

profile_mask2.png
Edited by Oceangoer2

We are booked on the cruise after yours. Last cruise for us was in 2019, this will be our 22nd.

Couple of comments - Looked at the MDR menus on the app and was disappointed to find no filet on the menu at least once. On past cruises the option was always there on formal nights, now 'chic'. We've been on Royal, Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian and other lines. When we tried to make a reservation for the specialty restaurants there were no times available on most nights. We did get one at 8:30. Hopefully when we get on board they will offer some times.

What do you think of the quality of the MDR food if you've eaten there?

Also, found there is only one main show at 9:00PM each evening. Our anytime dining res is at 8 in the MDR but it does not allow time change right now for anytime dining that I can see. We'd either have to eat at 7:00 or very late to see the show and not rush. On past cruises there were always two main shows each night so you could either catch the early or late show. This is very disappointing.

Unless you can tell me something different we may be eating in the OVC if we want to see the show. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Cruisinita said:

We are booked on the cruise after yours. Last cruise for us was in 2019, this will be our 22nd.

Couple of comments - Looked at the MDR menus on the app and was disappointed to find no filet on the menu at least once. On past cruises the option was always there on formal nights, now 'chic'. We've been on Royal, Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian and other lines. When we tried to make a reservation for the specialty restaurants there were no times available on most nights. We did get one at 8:30. Hopefully when we get on board they will offer some times.

What do you think of the quality of the MDR food if you've eaten there?

Also, found there is only one main show at 9:00PM each evening. Our anytime dining res is at 8 in the MDR but it does not allow time change right now for anytime dining that I can see. We'd either have to eat at 7:00 or very late to see the show and not rush. On past cruises there were always two main shows each night so you could either catch the early or late show. This is very disappointing.

Unless you can tell me something different we may be eating in the OVC if we want to see the show. Thanks!

The app is unreliable, inaccurate, and not to be trusted.

There are two shows every night—7 and 9 pm

• Like 2

Hope you are having a fabulous cruise!!!

Is the 16th floor sundeck for retreat guests only?  If not, have any of the crew heard about when the next refurbishment of the ship is scheduled for and if that will be part of it?

We are looking at booking a cruise for 2026 and are trying to decide if it is worth booking a suite or not.  Thank you for taking questions.

Drink menus at each bar, including the Martini Bar,  simply list the specialty drinks at that bar. All regular mixed drinks can be covered in the classic alcohol package. In other words, $10 or less. Actually, I don't think there is a menu of "common" drinks. There are wine menus at some bars. 

47 minutes ago, 39august said:

Drink menus at each bar, including the Martini Bar,  simply list the specialty drinks at that bar. All regular mixed drinks can be covered in the classic alcohol package. In other words, $10 or less. Actually, I don't think there is a menu of "common" drinks. There are wine menus at some bars. 

That is correct.  There is no printed menu of “common” drinks.

Right—jacket not required.  That said, most men ( in the dining room) were wearing a jacket last night.  Were they glamorous and sophisticated?  Many were, I suppose.

on the other hand, men in the buffet were decidedly more casual.

IMG_2186.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch