If you cancel cruise Royal takes the airfare booked with them also

cruisefrost

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

Credit needs to be used within one year. 

...usually one year from date of purchase. so if you buy airfare way in advance like I do, you'll only have a few months to use the credit. I know because this happened to me, which is why I now pay extra for refundable fares (or book Southwest where credits don't expire).

39 minutes ago, cruisefrost said:

Got one more cruise booked with them this spring and might be my last

40 minutes ago, cruisefrost said:

Thanks for the reply's. I did get the insurance. I guess I expected more from Royal as a Diamond plus member. The Air should be separate from the cruise fare but learning from my error

What would your status have to do with anything?

If you had insurance what was the problem? What difference would it make whether or not it was separate?

I am still not understanding what you wanted or expected.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Now it won’t quote you online for one-way

One hack for this is to use the Celebrity site as that still has the one way option. The trick is to find a Celebrity sailings close to the RCI one. You still can't book it but it will give you the estimated fare. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

One hack for this is to use the Celebrity site as that still has the one way option. The trick is to find a Celebrity sailings close to the RCI one. You still can't book it but it will give you the estimated fare. 

Thanks, good to know.

You would think they could manage to get their act together. It’s been even longer since I did repositioning on Celebrity and we used air miles. 

For one reason or another our repositioning cruises were cancelled (one due to Royal, one due to us) so air didn’t factor in the end but I was looking and it was frustrating compared to my experience in the past.

24 minutes ago, cruisefrost said:

I guess a lot of my fellow cruisers did not understand my post. I posted this not to complain but to make this practice of Royal made know so others would not make the same mistake I did.

The part that is unclear is IF you had a valid claim for canceling your cruise that was covered by insurance what difference does it make that air was included which it would be since you had bought a package? Unless perhaps you hadn’t increased your insurance to cover the price of air? 

I am sorry but I still don’t understand what you were expecting, what you are warning about, or what your mistake was.

1 hour ago, cruisefrost said:

I guess a lot of my fellow cruisers did not understand my post. I posted this not to complain but to make this practice of Royal made know so others would not make the same mistake I did.

What you're posting is likely generally understood.

What we don't need:

TikToks and IG posts about European and other vacation travel destination money saving hacks where you book a cruise... book airfare... and then cancel the cruise booking to keep the flights.

23 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

But these are heavily discounted bulk fares that come with their own rules and restrictions - and because it’s Royal that bought the ticket not you, Royal is also free to impose its own rules and restrictions.

23 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Air2Sea are highly discounted consolidator tickets negotiated years in advance and sold to their cruise passengers. You buy a cruise, they offer to sell you air. You cancel cruise, the entire thing is cancelled. 

Otherwise, why not plan a trip to Europe. Buy a 14 day cruise, buy the highly discounted air, cancel the cruise portion and still take the 14 day holiday in Europe. That's not gonna happen.

I have never booked my flights with A2S. They are usually 2 -3 times more expensive than I can buy on my own direct through the airline.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have never booked my flights with A2S. They are usually 2 -3 times more expensive than I can buy on my own direct through the airline.

Maybe times have changed? That didn’t used to be the case for one-way international just not sure it is worth the hassle of pricing these days.

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have typically found them more expensive for domestic flights however there have been savings on international flights.     My flights to  London last year saved me about 30% and were refundable as compared to the airlines non refundable fare.

3 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

I have typically found them more expensive for domestic flights however there have been savings on international flights.     My flights to  London last year saved me about 30% and were refundable as compared to the airlines non refundable fare.

This has been my experience.

14 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

One ways have definitely gone up.  Years ago they were awesome prices

August 2017 -> Non-stop EWR to CPH = $281.60  🙂

August 2017 -> CPH to EWR (Cape Liberty) = $1369.43 (16 night Vision Arctic Crossing).  👍

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Are you sure this is still true? I just went there and it required booking number in order to perform a flight search.

3 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Are you sure this is still true? I just went there and it required booking number in order to perform a flight search.

I just pulled up a sample itinerary on Celebrity, and I could get airfare quotes. I did not have to select a room.

17 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Don't go directly to the air2sea portal. You have to search for a sailing and on its itinerary page there should be a link for flights:

image.thumb.png.a002100c6b1543a3795c9a174da81ce4.png

• Like 1